Atlantis Coils That Work in Other Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Smith

Mar 15, 2015
Apparently they only work one way - Atlantic coils are ok in the Starre.

The other way (Starre coils in the Atlantis) won't work as the Atlantis tank requires the coils to be threaded.

KS is correct, the Starre coils are not threaded at the top to hold the Atlanits together.

I can verify that the Anyvape Sega Tank RBA does indeed fit the Starre Tank. I got mine today and vaping it right now.

WP, any dry hits with the Sega RBA Deck?
Going to try them this weekend.

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
WP, any dry hits with the Sega RBA Deck?
Going to try them this weekend.

I have not had any dry hits.

It can be a bit tricky to wick it though. With the I.D. of the coil at 2mm, it is hard to get enough wick in there to fill those large holes. With the cylinder on and tight, I wicked the coil through the holes in the cylinder and coil. I made the coil wicking fairly tight and shoved a pin through it to make it wick better before gently turning the cylinder a bit each way to pull that wick back into the holes and get it tight between the ends of the coil and the holes. Had the holes been smaller or the coil diameter larger, this would not have been necessary. You do not want any wick hanging outside the holes or when you twist the tank on and off, it will disturb the wick and make it leak really bad.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I'm currently trying out the Herakles .6ohm rated 50-100w in my Starre. I'm only vaping at 40w and it is killing my single battery in my iPV mini 2. The stock and the Atlantis never drained it like this. I may have to bring out my Sigelei 150 when I head out tonight lol It is performing nicely though :thumb:

The Ipv 2 is a power hungry beast like the Cloupor T5. I run the Vapestone Meganus with either the Vapestone coil (0.5 and now thanks to Nick's info; an Atlantis 0.5 coil....the mods I favour are the eleif 50 and also the SmokTek Xpro 80 I cape any were between 35 -45 w and get excellent battery life from both.

I also have the SMY 180 God Mod but prefer the two named above. I did try the Kamry 100 and found it very inadequate in the pathetic design of the control wheel. Appearances can be deceiving I have now totally abandoned Kamry of whom I was once fond. Kamry is IMHO is going down hill fast in design and mountain high in price.

Acer 50

Reactions: MikeB2Shady

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
The first post in the thread says they fit. Anyone else want to weigh in?

I have both tanks and I can assure you they don't fit the Arctic. The Arctic coils are slightly smaller in diameter then the Atlantis coils.

Sent from deep space via telegraph.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Bump!

This thread is pure gold.

Looks like we can add the Tobeco Super Tank, EHpro Morph tank, the Freemax Starre Pro version, the Vapor Tech Morpheus V2, as Smokin' Iron said above, and soon the Aspire Triton to the list. I hope the RBA kit for the Triton is interchangeable with some of these other tanks too (if it performs well, that is). We're not there yet, but it looks like we are trending toward standardization for coil mounting. That's a good thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread