Atlantis Evo Tank feels harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
Hey guys

so i have an aspire zelos 50w Mod and i recently purchased the Atlantis evo tank to give sub ohm vaping a go. I have been using the nautilus 2 mouth to lung tank with 0.7 ohm coil and i want to try and move into Direct lung hits.

I am currently using the 0.4 ohm coil running it at 40W (as specified on the coil) which is the lowest watt. I have 6mg of nicotine e liquid which i tried to lung hit and oh boy it feels harsh on my throat. Also the 0.5 coil i had tasted funny after many hits and saturating the cotton with liquid too for priming it but i managed to somehow burn the coil out in a day.

All the advanced DL vapers, any tips for me? Is the nicotine strength i am using too high to start off lung hits with? I find it quite nice when doing MTL hits but with lung hits i cough almost everytime i drag it, also cant seem to do a decent pull to bring out more vapor i just manage to do a small drag and then i feel my throat burning....should i turn the wattage down? I am using the minimum watt on the coil......please help!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey guys

so i have an aspire zelos 50w Mod and i recently purchased the Atlantis evo tank to give sub ohm vaping a go. I have been using the nautilus 2 mouth to lung tank with 0.7 ohm coil and i want to try and move into Direct lung hits.

I am currently using the 0.4 ohm coil running it at 40W (as specified on the coil) which is the lowest watt. I have 6mg of nicotine e liquid which i tried to lung hit and oh boy it feels harsh on my throat. Also the 0.5 coil i had tasted funny after many hits and saturating the cotton with liquid too for priming it but i managed to somehow burn the coil out in a day.

All the advanced DL vapers, any tips for me? Is the nicotine strength i am using too high to start off lung hits with? I find it quite nice when doing MTL hits but with lung hits i cough almost everytime i drag it, also cant seem to do a decent pull to bring out more vapor i just manage to do a small drag and then i feel my throat burning....should i turn the wattage down? I am using the minimum watt on the coil......please help!

I love the Evo, and I would suggest the .5 over the .4. I usually prime the top and let it sit for an hour, and then slowly ramp it up. Example: toot at 5 watts, toot at 10 watts (pretty much nothing happening) and just slowly break in the coil over a few minutes. This should help them to last longer.

And ya, 6 nic is a bit much, especially with the .4 coil. I switched to 3 nic, and found it to be a bit too light....so now I mix the 2 to make 4.5, which is my sweet spot :) But ya, 6 will be a bit harsh. I suggest the .5 at 35 watts, at 3ish nic to see if that works for you.

Also a huge tip that my brick and mortar store told me- you can use the Evo 5mil fatboy glass on it. So if you don't mind the buldge, and want an extra mil, totally worth it in my view. Let me know if you have more questions. I hope you can make it work for ya, it's really the only subohm tank I use now.

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
I love the Evo, and I would suggest the .5 over the .4. I usually prime the top and let it sit for an hour, and then slowly ramp it up. Example: toot at 5 watts, toot at 10 watts (pretty much nothing happening) and just slowly break in the coil over a few minutes. This should help them to last longer.

And ya, 6 nic is a bit much, especially with the .4 coil. I switched to 3 nic, and found it to be a bit too light....so now I mix the 2 to make 4.5, which is my sweet spot :) But ya, 6 will be a bit harsh. I suggest the .5 at 35 watts, at 3ish nic to see if that works for you.

Also a huge tip that my brick and mortar store told me- you can use the Evo 5mil fatboy glass on it. So if you don't mind the buldge, and want an extra mil, totally worth it in my view. Let me know if you have more questions. I hope you can make it work for ya, it's really the only subohm tank I use now.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. Also i have been told i can use the Eleaf EC coil heads with the atlantis EVO tank? Is that correct?

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
My settings for the .5 @ 22 watts, the .4 @ 27 watts. Turn your watts down. I use these tanks exclusively, since they came out. I have no problems with them. I vape 3 nic

I tried that, started vaping from 15W to break the coil in and smoked upto 30W, intermittenly switching between 30 and 20W for 0.5 coil but it kept tasting funny, burnt and real harsh. 0.4 coil was fine, vapes absolutely perfectly.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm not sure eleaf coils, I've only stuck to the stock. And I can't find anything in a quick search that says so. Just note, sometimes they will technically fit, but may be prone to leaking etc. Worth fully investigating before buying more coils.

And juicejug, that's really low. The .5 coil's starting rating is 35. You can certainly go lower and still get some nice vapor, but the flavor just isn't really there till you hit around 30. (and hit about 35 with the .4) I'm not much of a more watts advocate by any means, but these coils really need it to really come into their own.

Nik, you probably just got a bad coil, weird. I have yet to get a dud, which is part of the reason I'm a big fan of this tank and these coils.

Btw, I meant the Cleito fatboy as far as the 5ml glass that I posted about before.

JuiceJug

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Canton,OH
I'm not sure eleaf coils, I've only stuck to the stock. And I can't find anything in a quick search that says so. Just note, sometimes they will technically fit, but may be prone to leaking etc. Worth fully investigating before buying more coils.

And juicejug, that's really low. The .5 coil's starting rating is 35. You can certainly go lower and still get some nice vapor, but the flavor just isn't really there till you hit around 30. (and hit about 35 with the .4) I'm not much of a more watts advocate by any means, but these coils really need it to really come into their own.

Nik, you probably just got a bad coil, weird. I have yet to get a dud, which is part of the reason I'm a big fan of this tank and these coils.

Btw, I meant the Cleito fatboy as far as the 5ml glass that I posted about before.

I don't go by coil watts ratings, I go by what works. Coil watt ratings are useless to me.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
Just an FYI to the OP. If you are newer to the vaping world your lungs aren't used to sub ohm. I'll explain, I started with the Zelos and Nautilus 2 and I was always a pack a day smoker of pure pipe tobacco I rolled myself. Could smoke back to back cigs others couldn't. Strength and different coils I was trying felt harsh to me but my buddies who have been vaping say what I consider harsh isn't actually harsh. Hits they can take on my Nautilus 2 sub ohm with wattage pumped up I couldn't come close to handling but they could. These same guys with cancer sticks couldn't handle what I could however. I know you are now on the new Evo Atlantis but just to give you an idea. You will get used to it, it's more about the draw, etc than the tank. I will do a fast direct lung on a tank and feel perfect than on the same tank take a slower pull but not as strong and make me gag. I always draw an extra second after I let off of the fire button and this helps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread