Atlantis Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Atlantis mega and it was perfect when I first got it, but after a few weeks it has started to shoot bits of hot juice in my mouth when I take a puff. I only noticed a little bit at first but it seems it is getting worse with time. I have tried replacing the coil and it only seems worse now. The juice I am using with it is watermelon from mountbakervapor 80/20 VG/PG with 4 flavor shots I got the juice a few days ago and have had the lid off since I got it to let it steep. It doesn't seem thick enough to be 80/20 PG/VG. Sorry for typing so much but I want to give sufficient information to try and figure out my problem.

Have you tried adjusting your wattage?
Yes it gets a little better at lower wattage but still to much for me. If I burn it off before I take a hit it only does it a little bit, but it is to much of a hassle to have to burn it off every time then wait for the coil to cool off before I can hit it.

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Also if I take a puff without hitting the firing button it will not shoot juice into my mouth. Is it possible when I prime the new coil I am using to much juice. But if that was the problem wouldn't it resolve itself after a while? The juice moves almost as if it was the consistency of water.
We call it spit-back. Its normal but some people dislike it more than others. Less viscous liquid will spit-back more often. You can try a higher VG mix and see if that helps, but you may run into wicking issues.

We call it spit-back. Its normal but some people dislike it more than others. Less viscous liquid will spit-back more often. You can try a higher VG mix and see if that helps, but you may run into wicking issues.
it didn't bother me at first but it was not very much. I've dealt with spit back before but it's just unbearable with how much there is. Thanks though

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
This may be a stupid question, but have you rinsed out the base?
I had the same problem with the Atlantis V1...
On the V1, as with my Mega, I rinse the base out every couple of days.
I also blow air into it from time to time, just before I take a hit. Careful with this one...if there's a fair amount of juice in the base, you'll blow it out the sides.
A rolled up square of toilet paper, slid down the tube, also works well to soak up excess juice.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I have an Atlantis mega and it was perfect when I first got it, but after a few weeks it has started to shoot bits of hot juice in my mouth when I take a puff. I only noticed a little bit at first but it seems it is getting worse with time. I have tried replacing the coil and it only seems worse now. The juice I am using with it is watermelon from mountbakervapor 80/20 VG/PG with 4 flavor shots I got the juice a few days ago and have had the lid off since I got it to let it steep. It doesn't seem thick enough to be 80/20 PG/VG. Sorry for typing so much but I want to give sufficient information to try and figure out my problem.

Not to be nitpicky but in your OP you listed the juice as both 80/20 VG/PG and 80/20 PG/VG. I have found that the usual standard is to go by PG/VG in which case you would have 80% PG and that would be a very thin juice and would explain the "spit back". I have never had a problem vaping 20/80 on my atlantis but i have had that issue vaping 70/30 (thats the highest PG concentration I've ever bought).

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
That's odd...I'm running 85 to 90 VG, and I get spit back...

Possibly a wattage thing? I use 80 VG and no spit back for me but i use mechs and have no way of adjusting the power. I do find that if i ever let the coils get too gunked up (usually from running my battery down lower than i like to) i tend to get a bit of spit back until the coils run optimally

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
From your description, I doubt you got 20/80 PG/VG (another hint, PG almost always comes first when describing this) but the other way around, 80/20 PG/VG. That would spit some, I'm thinking. Adding some PG should thicken it up some and reduce the spitting. Also lowering the wattage. Are you using that giant 50w Aspire mod with it? I tried one at the vape shop, it's a smoke machine :)

EDIT: Adding VG to your juice will thicken it, not PG. Thanks to blogger jimbe1969 for catching my error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Omerta

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Possibly a wattage thing? I use 80 VG and no spit back for me but i use mechs and have no way of adjusting the power. I do find that if i ever let the coils get too gunked up (usually from running my battery down lower than i like to) i tend to get a bit of spit back until the coils run optimally

I was wondering that myself...but, I use mechs, too.
You got this thing on a Hammer, lol?

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I was wondering that myself...but, I use mechs, too.
You got this thing on a Hammer, lol?

Yes I do. I use it in the hammer with vtc4s or in the king v2 with LG HE4s. As long as I dont drop below 4V it vapes really clean but if I forget to check and drop below i can feel the difference almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread