Atlantis2 Mega/Sigelei 100W How long should a .3 head last

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockD

Jul 16, 2015
I primarily vape Razzleberry from Mt Bakers, I put a new coil in yesterday, vaping @ 65 watts ( I properly primed the head, per instructions here, working my way up from 20W like 5ish W @ a time, and with non-fired vape before this ) and 1 day later it's like I need to replace my head already, what causes the fluctuation on the display for ohms?, yesterday it was .3 all day, today it's reading .4 @ 5.3V, but it was just @ .5ohms for some reason. Why does this happen/what does it indicate?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Why do you think you need to replace the head? funky taste low vapor or?
Resistance rises as the coil gets gunked up & with temperature changes.
Dark, colored, certain flavorings & especially sweet juices tend to clog wicking material & gunk coils rapidly

Setting the power too high can scorch the wicking material surrounding the coil which severely reduces its wicking ability, this leads to lack of flavor & vapor & odd off funky tastes & reduced head life.
Fluctuating ohms ( +.2Ω ish) isn't anything to worry about, your apv when in watt mode will adjust volts to always supply the watt setting you choose.

Folks get way too hung up on numbers, adjust power to your individual taste & be happy.
More power is rarely better.
60~70w ish on a .3Ω atlantis head is way more than I care for.

Reactions: Rsunderl

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I primarily vape Razzleberry from Mt Bakers, I put a new coil in yesterday, vaping @ 65 watts ( I properly primed the head, per instructions here, working my way up from 20W like 5ish W @ a time, and with non-fired vape before this ) and 1 day later it's like I need to replace my head already, what causes the fluctuation on the display for ohms?, yesterday it was .3 all day, today it's reading .4 @ 5.3V, but it was just @ .5ohms for some reason. Why does this happen/what does it indicate?
the variation is due to corrosion at the electrical contact points.

for example there is the centerpin connections.
more importantly in this case would be the contact points inside the replaceable coil head itself where the coil wire ends have to make contact with metal, and this inside an environment with liquid containing some water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread