Atmizoo Roller or a Clone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Should I just pull the trigger on an Atmizoo roller? Iv heard so many good things about them and love the way they look but its just hard with fastech selling clones like the Nemesis dirt cheap. Is The roller worth the $180 pricetag?

Does the real thing really last for as long as everyone says? Is the quality really that good? HELP?!?!?!?!

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
If you are looking at the Sigelei #20, DON'T! It's already in it's 3rd version and still has a lot of switch and shorting issues. I've got the version 2 and I love the form factor, the switch is a hot mess, literally. If I can scratch the money together I'll be getting a Roller or a Dingo if they still have the 18650 tube for the Dingo. My advice: If you can afford it, get the real thing.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have a Roller, and I don't regret the price. Flawless machining. Butter smooth switch. I tend to favor the Greek mods, in general. Roller, Poldiac, Nemesis, Atmomixani 69. All are great mods.
im with this guy
got my roller in and right away scooped up another with a kick ring off the classifieds, the button is super nice and smooth never a misfire. the clones are ok if you dont want to toss the cash, but so far they can make it look the same and add the same features but the build quality just doesnt match up.

the best place to buy one is still direct from atmizone.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I have a roller, and dearly wish I'd not spent the money on all the clone mechs I'd bought before - hindsight. I think you'll be very satisfied.

Edit: price on the extension tube brings the price close to the roller price. I'd say roller from the start.

out of curiosity shoggot why do you think that way? Thanks for the edit I am getting around the same price just figured though with 18650 there are less failure points with the dingo.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
out of curiosity shoggot why do you think that way? Thanks for the edit I am getting around the same price just figured though with 18650 there are less failure points with the dingo.

Eh, failure points? The thing is flawlessly machined - the threads won't be a failure point. Reason behind the roller vs dingo - more uniform look? The break in profile by the telescope means any minor variation in finish is imperceptible between inner tube and outer - while getting an 18650 in a dingo means three tubes joining flush, and while they join nicely, it's still a visible set of seams. So really, it's just aesthetics, I suppose?

Another way of looking at it - with the roller, there's three major threadings - bottom cap to bottom tube, bottom tube to inner tube, and inner tube to head/button. With the dingo in 18650 mode, there's bottom cap to bottom tube, bottom tube to next tube, next tube to another next tube, another next tube to head/button - so actually, more joins.

Also, when in 18350 mode, you'd have a hard time telling that a roller wasn't a dingo =) Best of both worlds, perhaps? (Note: You could totally tell, but you'd have to look for it. Height would be the same, or within 1.5mm.)

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I may as well get on this bandwagon, too. I love my Roller, and a Russian 91% looks absolutely great on it. I wrap my Russian 91 with 30 Kanthal A1 on a double silica 3mm wick, for 1.9ohms. I use a 18490 AW 110mAh battery with an Evolv Kick 2 in it. It vapes the whole day.

I wrap my coils using the Todd Review for wrapping his full size Russian.

The Russian RBA from ezig-online.de - YouTube

Depending upon the topper you put on it, you may have to remove the o-ring under the 510 connection top screw. This allows a little more adjustment in the 510 connection. I have to move it up and down sometimes, when I change from my Russian, to a one of my various tanks.

Greg W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread