Atom Vapes GClapton clapton coil heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Help me decide. I have two Horizon Arctic tanks, one is the 7mL version. I stumbled upon the Atom Vapes clapton coil heads for it. Just a dollar more than regular heads, plus this site is having a discount for holidays. I wonder why I can't find these coils on other good vendors' sites, though? And honestly, this vendor I Have used before but they're pretty low on my preference list. Like, below fasttech. Does anyone know of good sites, esp. ECF suppliers, with these coils, for a decent price? These are 3.99 each before a discount. The only others I found were like $21 for four...too much for me, having not tried them yet.

Also looking for someone witg experience for these on an Arctic. I hear they're too hot on a subtank, but I just think "duh, regular coils can be too hot on a subtank for some people." Arctic has the air for a clapton, I THINK...experienced people, please share.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
I bought 4; 2 for the Arctic and 2 for the Atlantis 2/Herakles. I wasn't a fan. Very narrow vaping range, as in no production until 35w, but maxes out at 45w. There was a strange burnt rubber taste with both tanks, but when I took apart the coils, they were not burnt. They were very slow to ramp up, and not much in the way of clouds either. I thought it might have been the juice, which was 70/30, but then I put back the stock coils and the juice tasted ok.

Others may like these, but for anyone who tries, I'd say buy 1 or 2, not a full pack.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I've bought some of these, the .3 and the Ni200 .15

Like the Crown coils these need a good priming. Take your time and prime through the juice holes until the wick is well saturated. I hold them upside down and when I see liquid at the top of the coil I stop. They also recommend closing the airflow once you fill the tank with liquid and take a five second draw.

It takes about a half a tank before the tank starts tasting real good, much like the Crown coils.

Use them with a liquid that you like and are willing to vape for a couple weeks because once they "break in" they last a while before getting funky. I've had one going for three weeks and it still is pretty damn tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread