Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
So I have 3 Empire mods atomizers that I got today and tried dripping one right away. Now, I'm not unfamiliar with dripping, but I've never used these before and was wondering if they needed some time to break in? I've put a a good amount of liquid into the atty but it still hits kinda scratchy/harsh, and not getting the milky, thick, full vapor like I was hoping for. These are the 510 1.8ohms ones. Any advice?

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
So I have 3 Empire mods atomizers that I got today and tried dripping one right away. Now, I'm not unfamiliar with dripping, but I've never used these before and was wondering if they needed some time to break in? I've put a a good amount of liquid into the atty but it still hits kinda scratchy/harsh, and not getting the milky, thick, full vapor like I was hoping for. These are the 510 1.8ohms ones. Any advice?

Which APV are you using and what voltage? Is there any primer in the atomizer (if there is, then you will have to blow all of it out before you use it)?

Generally, the best way to start with a brand new atomizer is to prime it. What I mean by that, is to drip 5-7 drops of e-liquid and let it sit for around 10 minutes. This gives time for the e-liquid to saturate the wick and mesh. Then you can give it a quick puff. If it tastes dry then you can add a few more drops and that should fix the problem of dry hits.

Afterwards, you drip 3 drops for every 5-8 drags.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I'm using a Twist and a Vision Spinner mostly. I have it set at 3.8-4 since these are 1.8ohm atomizers. One of them is hitting okay, the other two are still very airy and kinda harsh/scratchy. Not getting a very good mouth feel or full vapor. The Vapage Hyrbid attys are still performing better than these. Blah. What should I try next? Some Avid Vaper atomizers? Get more Vapage ones and just don't mess them up this time? Let the Empire Mod ones break in a little more?

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
The Vapage atties are equally good; if you use a drip shield on them, they'll be less airy.

I can't believe you got two lemon Empire atties out of three. Are you putting them on fully charged batteries? Because Ego/Spinner batteries don't maintain voltage throughout a charge, and in fact probably shouldn't even be used with low-res atties. No mods with bigger batteries to test them on?

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Are lemons pretty rare from this particular vendor? They do work just not as well as I expected. I also have an iTaste MVP (fully charged), tried all of the atomizers on it as well, same result. For the same 2-3 second draw, the Vapage ones still give a much fuller, smoother vape and the Empire Mods ones are still scratchy and airy with little vapor. Kinda disappointed, if I had known this was going to happen I would have just ordered some Cisco spec ones or more Vapage attys.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
You may have received some duds but, it may also be explained by a lack of power. Do you have a way of measuring the ohm's of your atomizer? e.g multimeter

The reason for this, is to check the actual ohms of the atomizer. Some may be higher than what is in the description. Depending on the results, the solution may be as easy as raising the voltage.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Are lemons pretty rare from this particular vendor? They do work just not as well as I expected. I also have an iTaste MVP (fully charged), tried all of the atomizers on it as well, same result. For the same 2-3 second draw, the Vapage ones still give a much fuller, smoother vape and the Empire Mods ones are still scratchy and airy with little vapor. Kinda disappointed, if I had known this was going to happen I would have just ordered some Cisco spec ones or more Vapage attys.

They aren't, in my experience, any less reliable than Cisco's or Vapage's. I would contact Keith at Empire and see what he thinks. The man is known for amazing customer service. He'll probably want to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread