Not open for further replies.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
This will work- 510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Stainless - 2.0ohm
The ones with the bridge will work (looks like metal mesh inside), 510T (the one with the little spike) will work...They don't have to be expensive. Look around for some deals and discounts.

I got some of these recently https://www.fasttech.com/products/1325010 and they're OK. It's the ones with the spike. Some of them need a 510 to 510 connector to make contact but whatever. They're cheap and just for testing anyway.

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
The word "atomizer" can be confusing. For a carto type non-rebuild able atomizer, the gold standard is the HH 357 from Avid Vapors. They also have a bridge less "Ciso" spec atomizer for half the price. Since they have no packing/fiber, they can be washed or blown out after testing. To make things confusing, they can also be used for dripping, where you put in 5 or 6 drops and take two or three hits. Then there are rebuild able dripping atomizers (rda's). These include the the IGO-L and others that can be disassembled, a coil built with wick and reassembled. If you use a mini/micro coil and cotton, you can remove the old wick, dry burn, install a new wick and move on to a different juice. Replacing a cotton wick is quick and easy. Cotton wicks are usually made for sterile cotton from the local CVS or Walgreens. You can also use cotton yarn. The advantage of cotton is it adds very little taste unlike some silica and Ecowool wicks. For info on all this, do a search for rda, MICRO COIL, etc. to get a better idea.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Dude, get one or two of the things I linked you to and you'll be fine. The KP's don't even require washing out or soaking in alcohol, just vape them til' they're dry and drip a new flavor. I have an RDA on the way, was hoping it would be here today but it's not, an IGO-W for those keeping score at home, but I'm getting that for more usage on one flavor that I enjoy immensely but don't want to devote an entire tank to. The KP's are the bees knees for tasting multiple flavors with little to no upkeep. When you're done and want to switch, dry burn it in 5 second pulses three times at most and you're ready to move on. I don't have a dog in this race but I'm a believer for sure.

someone_else

Nov 13, 2013
usda zone 9
I most likely will be getting the kp you recomended but still would like to learn all I can. So when I become a pro vaper like some folks here I can help others in my shoes.

How hard is dripping really? I have heard mixed reviews and.some people make.it sound impossible. So I guess my question is what.is the best dripping technique?

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I have no clue about Rba and battery safety yet which is why I will be going with the kp. Once I become more knowledgeable with vaping equipment and upgrade my gear I will keep that in mind.

That is a good progression. I may be in the minority but I don't think it is as gratifying an experience if you *start* at the top, the top being, IMO, a Provari (or similar quality MOD), a good Mech, and an RBA/RBD or, a REO. I have had ego batts, CE1 - CE4 clearomizers, Vivi Novas, Cartotanks, RBAs, KP's, etc... Each step in the process has taught me something new and valuable and, having tried the lower-end mods, I have a greater appreciation for the higher end stuff. Plus, it's not always feasible to go out and about with a SemoVar and an RBA, or to drip "on the go." For this reason it helps to have more basic stuff at your disposal. Dripping is not difficult and the "learning curve" is honestly limited to knowing how much you need to drip each time. I've found with practice that I can only put about 3-4 large drops in my KPs before they will start to leak out the sides. Even if they do leak, it's a small amount and very manageable.

Best of luck, you're doing fine!

someone_else

Nov 13, 2013
usda zone 9
I have to admit I was tempted to start at the top but after lurking here for a bit before joining I realized I was getting in over my head. My current set up is doing the job well, helping me stay off analogues, and I really do not see why I should upgrade, yet. But the more I read and learn the more I am content with the simplicity of my set up. But tinkering around with electronics is loads of fun and I hope to educate myself enough so I can be at the point where I can tinker with attys and mods. I am still just getting the hang of filling my cartomizers. Yesterday I flooded one haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread