Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
If a mini pot with alcohol catches flame, you can just cover it and that´s that. I also vaguely remember a mixed drink I had in the end of a very heavy party. It was burning in flames and there were some instructions how to drink it. I almost died the next day or so, but burns had absolutely nothing with that, because I had none :D

But OK, if it damages the atomizer, I will not try it...

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
My super-mini from njoy came with only one atomizer and has gone ten weeks with no noticeable drop-off in perfornmance. It was never a vapour superhero in the first place but it's still performing as well as when I started using it, and this with a spotty cleaning schedule. Of course it isn't my daily workhorse any more, either... the ScrewDriver took over that spot about three weeks in.

My ScrewDriver is currently under repair (entirely my fault) so we'll see if the njoy suffers under more constant use.

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
He doesn't look at all his few post he is "Mr. Know It All" aka TROLL

Not all, but Masters of Electronic Science with >25 years of professionell experience and mechanic 1st profession with 6 years experience. So what's Your excuse for Your "High School Never Ends"-behaviour against me, FW Airforce military greenhead? :p

Well there you go. Water boils at 100deg C. Then it becomes steam. Steam can be 400 degrees, or 200 degrees. Or even 100 degrees. But steam can never be less that 100 degrees, because then it becomes water again. So if you say steam doesn't melt the wires, then boing water won't either.
That is tooooo silly ;)

You do apply the (not too high pressure, otherwise it could blow out the glass fiber liquid feed) steam burst to the heater spiral, not to the inner of the device (boiling in water will fill the inner and contact the device with enough water carrying enough energy to heat up the inner parts to 100°C in a second) , atomizer case temp will not rise over 50°C in the process duration of 10 seconds here :cool:
Please read about thermodynamics basics.

Last edited:

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Not all, but Masters of Electronic Science...

You still haven't told us your basis for saying the insulators can't take boiling water. Having a masters doesn't mean you know the thresholds of every device ever made, let alone this particular device which is fairly new and obscure.

I've tried the boiling thing myself -- 3 times so far -- and my atomizer still works fine. I also leave the atomizer in the boiling water for longer than Parked suggests (about a minute). Still no difference in performance.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever. I am a translator. After 7 weeks of service my 901 att seemed weaker than it should be. I decided to risk it and boiled it in vinegar. After short boiling I left it in until the vinegar cooled a bit. Rinsed with hot water, let it dry... IT WORKS. Actually, it works very nice. It helped. But I do not know why. I just applied the same stuff I use for electric kettles etc. at home. It dissolves dirt or what. Well worth to try.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the insulators seem to be made of silicon.. the same material as silicon tubing is made from.. it stands lots of heat the boiling wont damage it.. in fact there is nothing in an atomiser that boiling water will damage.. except the paint finish on some of them.. some have a more durable paint finish than others..

not as i think boiling does much good but it dosnt seem do any harm either..

trog

billster88

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
canada
www.smokestik.com
If you tend not to use a drip...your atomizer will last much longer..why? I have my theories..but almost to a ratio of 80-90% If a customer uses the dripping method to Vape..they get a lower lifespan from the atomizer...I have some customers that are using the same atomizer after 3 months..much to my amazement(I can't help but use the drip myself) they say when they buy a unit for a friend and try it out that they don't notice much difference between a new unit and the old..I can surmize that if you drip..you are caking on the liquid when it vaporizes off...I wonder if anyone else can let us know if they have a similar experience..

Thanks
Bill
::: SmokeStick :::

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
If you tend not to use a drip...your atomizer will last much longer..why? I have my theories..but almost to a ratio of 80-90% If a customer uses the dripping method to Vape..they get a lower lifespan from the atomizer...I have some customers that are using the same atomizer after 3 months..much to my amazement(I can't help but use the drip myself) they say when they buy a unit for a friend and try it out that they don't notice much difference between a new unit and the old..I can surmize that if you drip..you are caking on the liquid when it vaporizes off...I wonder if anyone else can let us know if they have a similar experience..

Thanks
Bill
::: SmokeStick :::

i have got some atomizers that are six months old.. they still work pretty good..

i also have my theories as to why this is..

trog

smoking gnu

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2008
Wales
I only drip and all my atomizers branded and generic are all still going strong. The only dead atomizers I’ve had have been DOA.
I can see how you can kill batteries by dripping but I cant see any reason why it would kill an atomizer. When you drip you know exactly how much liquid is going into the atomizer, I have flooded more atomizers by topping .
Admittedly dripping takes a bit of practice, but personally it’s the way for me, and its never done any of my atomizers any damage.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
this how old a thing is and it still works thing annoys me.. the best way to make anything last a long time is not to use it.. the best way to wear it out quickly is to give it heavy use..

people who drip only do it cos they want more vapour.. people who want lots of vapour chuck their atomizer away quicker than those who dont..

people who dont want much vapour have it all ways.. they dont work their atomizers as hard but above all they are prepared to tolerated worn out ones.. ones that others would have chucked long ago..

we need to answer two questions here..

one.. when is an atomizer considered worn out and ready for chucking..

and two... how much liquid has it vaporized before it reaches this stage..

until we answer these two simple questions we will have mine is okay after three months and mine is knackered after two weeks life spans...in other words no idea of how long an atomizer should last..

i will answer question one and two..

question one.. its worn out when its down to 70% of its as new efficiency..

question two... it reaches this point after vaporizing around 25 ml of liquid at the best..

as for the time period.. it could be anything between one week and ten bloody years.. he he he

trog

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Both of my 901 atomizers are going strong after about 8 weeks of use. I do not use anything but a little air to clean them. When they seem really clogged, I blow them out from the battery end, reprime them, and go back to puffing. I drip mostly because I can't seem to get these things to wick fluid very well at all.

My opinion is that higher power helps the atomizer. Fresh batteries are better at preventing clogs - liquid evaporated more completely?. USB power even better than manufacturer's batteries - more flavor, more throat hit, more vapor. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread