Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
remove atty and recheck the mod for low or short reading... if it says that there is a problem with the mod. If the mod reports back no atty or open then its the atty, either the atty has a coil in it that is too low of ohms for the mod to handle or the coil is improperly installed and causing a short circuit in the atty. Also check and see if there is any metallic junk on the threads of the atty which can also cause a short...

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy! and welcome!

might want to check the 510 connector on the rx - make sure no debris has gotten in there - that mod should be completely capable of firing any of the tfv4 coils, so there is likely a connection issue/ shorting somewhere, probably in the tank - as mentioned above, check that coil is seated snugly but not overtightened in tank - was it new coil after you cleaned tank or coil that had been working before?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The RX have been a very popular mod for some reason that escape me as I've never seen such a problematic mod, many, and I mean MANY people reports issues with them. The connector is usually the biggest flaw and any tank that's got a slightly longer tip ends up crushing the pin/510 connector and you end up with these messages.

Of course, there's a chance that your tank might have a fault, so try to test it with another mod, but odds are, the pin is damaged and a bad contact is happening.

Some people fix this with prying the pin back up a bit, others need to replace it, others open the mode and find that the connector connection inside was broken and re-soldered it. Some simply unscrew the tank just a bit, and you can put a padding (non conductive washer/separator) between the tank and mod to prevent this.

Basically, the RX cannot handle any tank with a longer 510 tip than the standard, and if I remember, your tank is one of those.

Note that I've seen other issues such as some batteries not fitting right (not tight enough) causing other issues due to the bad contact with them (giving you error messages).

Last edited:
Reactions: djsvapour

KaitieBear

Oct 21, 2016
howdy! and welcome!

might want to check the 510 connector on the rx - make sure no debris has gotten in there - that mod should be completely capable of firing any of the tfv4 coils, so there is likely a connection issue/ shorting somewhere, probably in the tank - as mentioned above, check that coil is seated snugly but not overtightened in tank - was it new coil after you cleaned tank or coil that had been working before?

It was a new Coil, but i checked it before i bought it. and it looked like a really good one

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
The RX have been a very popular mod for some reason that escape me as I've never seen such a problematic mod, many, and I mean MANY people reports issues with them. The connector is usually the biggest flaw and any tank that's got a slightly longer tip ends up crushing the pin/510 connector and you end up with these messages.

Of course, there's a chance that your tank might have a fault, so try to test it with another mod, but odds are, the pin is damaged and a bad contact is happening.

Some people fix this with prying the pin back up a bit, others need to replace it, others open the mode and find that the connector connection inside was broken and re-soldered it. Some simply unscrew the tank just a bit, and you can put a padding (non conductive washer/separator) between the tank and mod to prevent this.

Basically, the RX cannot handle any tank with a longer 510 tip than the standard, and if I remember, your tank is one of those.

Note that I've seen other issues such as some batteries not fitting right (not tight enough) causing other issues due to the bad contact with them (giving you error messages).
excellent point about the 510 - and the tfvs were one of the tanks noted early on as problematic - hopefully, pin is not damaged in the 510 connector on the mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread