Atomizer Ohm Meter

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Cman1337, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cman1337

Cman1337 Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Portland, OR
    I see an Eleaf Atomizer Ohm reader online for $9.99. I have seen other Atomizer Ohm reads for closer to $37.50. I would like to know if there is anything I should watch out for, build quality? Are they really going to all work the same and last just as long?

2. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    It breaks down into multiple categories:

Chip precision.
    Materials quality.
    Build quality.
    Profit margin.

• If accurate measurement of deep sub-ohm resistance is your intent, then ignore price, and start looking at precision and accuracy levels.
    • The number count to the right of the decimal point is not an indication of accuracy. A 4 digit reading that's off by 0.1Ω is still completely useless when you're building a 0.2Ω atty.
    • The better chips tend to come in boxes made with better materials and build quality.
    • Some vendors are greedy... not much else to say here.

3. kickflipsnnollies

kickflipsnnollies Moved On

Aug 16, 2014
    Everytownville, USA
    So what would be a good, precision chip?

4. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    The boxes from USA Ohm Meters are pretty good. They use China chips... but built to specification and assembled in the US. Fair pricing and good after-sale customer support.

Back when they were still Sunny Vaping, I bought several as Christmas presents for friends. Before wrapping (wouldn't want to hand out crap X-mas presents ;-)), I tested them against a Fluke 88 with a Tech-Thing "Half-Ohm" adapter and a loaner Extech 4-wire milliohm meter.

The 'worst' one, which I kept for myself, varied 0.03Ω+/- max from my reference... the rest varied no more than 0.02Ω+/-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.