Atomizers and NET liquids, what do you use to vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Just got my Vector top-air atty from Tom @ Catfish Atty mods. Thing is a beast running dual R41 micros on cotton with my home-brew NET.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436294430.889757.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436294442.892508.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436294463.433024.jpg

kartoffelfaust

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
USA
NETs are delicious, but a mess and a half.

I only use them on an RDA - in my case a tugboat - and only on spaced coils with rayon. I can generally run through 5-6ml before rebuilding. Don't bother dry burning, I can never get the coils clean enough. Its faster to put on fresh wire.

I generally use a dual coil ~.5ohm build with 26g kanthal. Higher ohm and higher gauge wire works fine, but not my personal preference.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive been using spaced coils on drippers with NETs. So far, it seems to keep the coil going a bit better.

I also got an Origen V3 . I got a clone , really liked it except the positive post kept getting loose and ohms would jump to 3.0 and higher. Great taste and easy to use, so I got the real deal. They look almost exact but the difference is the details of the posts and the way its engraved underneath.

THe engraving is trivial, its just the quality of the threading and weight of the parts that make a difference.

Reactions: Xobeloot

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Absolutely! There is certainly a market for clones. Not everybody wants to plunk down a Benjamin for an atomizer, and many of them work fantastic... But, like you say: The difference is in the details... This often translates to the important things like threading, gasketing, and metal quality.

Reactions: anavidfan

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been using a SubTank Mini with the new RBA deck for my NETs and it works beautifully. I have to re-wick and dry burn after every tank, but it's worth the trouble. I don't have the patience for dripping, but the ST will fit the bill until I can afford a good regulated squonker - in other words, forever :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I must have the worst luck falling in love with the NET I use, cause I just cant use tanks with them. I have tried the smaller tanks such as the Mini Atty by Chels, Aiolos T by GUS and of course the Spheroid by GP... The Spheroid was the best as its so easy to change out the wick, but sometimes I want to switch out flavors and seems like the wick getting disgusting and the tank being close to empty never seem to be in sync.

I hate wasting my precious NET.

I really liked the Aiolos Dripper and the Fatty V2, great for trying out flavors but they do have their down side. Great in the taste dept and ease of set up, but they dont hold very much liquid and easy to "over drip" and end up with it seeping out the bottom.

Tried some of the larger well atties and seemed like taste went away. Dripping constantly drives me nuts and worrying about leaks drives me nuts , again because my NET are like "gold" to me and it kills me to waste it.

Funny about larger drippers, when does a dripper cease to really be a dripper? If you have too much space for liquid then its really a tank that leaks?

Reactions: Tagi

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you don't use rayon and you love NETs, I would highly recommend trying it. I get more than double the life out of my wick using rayon instead of Japanese cotton.

Thanks, I forgot to post about how better NET is on drippers and spaced coils. Im definitely getting more life out of rayon. I use Japanese cotton on my tank atties.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Come to the conclusion that my 2 favorite atties for NET ( now remember, Im not very adventurous and very picky when it comes to the air) are the Origen V3 and the Taifun Dripper. Took a few tries to get the TF just right, but its wonderful..

My heart belongs to RTAs but if you love NET , in my very humble and whimpy opinion you need to give a good RDA a chance.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I heard good things about the Stumpy...

I agree, with you, NET=RDA at least the gross ones I love.

BTW, I use mostly the ones from Naturally Ex Tobaccos.com, and Walkers Finest. Walkers Acid Blonde is my favorite but its not going to be available anymore. Closest to it is NET's Gypsy Blonde. Wierd though, NET puts the Gypsy under the French cigarette category and Walkers ABlonde is a cigar....

Reactions: IonMan

IonMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Bradley, Illinois, United States
All my mods are squonkers, so I use a Manta/Reo combo for all the stuff I get from Naturally Ex Tobaccos.com specifically deep pipe and the ruins. The ruins by far being my fav. With those 6ml seems to be the limit on my wicks.

My DIY NETs last a bit longer, been using a Stumpy/Tmod (10ml) combo with those

And yes, aside from massive spitback, the stumpy is an awesome flavor atty

I prefer an RDA with 2 posts for easy install single coil flavor builds though. Goto rewick and rewrap so often why not keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread