Atomizers and NET liquids, what do you use to vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
All my mods are squonkers, so I use a Manta/Reo combo for all the stuff I get from Naturally Ex Tobaccos.com specifically deep pipe and the ruins. The ruins by far being my fav. With those 6ml seems to be the limit on my wicks.

My DIY NETs last a bit longer, been using a Stumpy/Tmod (10ml) combo with those

And yes, aside from massive spitback, the stumpy is an awesome flavor atty

I prefer an rda with 2 posts for easy install single coil flavor builds though. Goto rewick and rewrap so often why not keep it simple.

One of these days I might get into DIY tobaccos, but Im afraid it might become an obsession :)

Reactions: Mr.Mann

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This thread has become a "Ghost town" so I thought Id update.

Over a week ago, I decided to give another rta a try with my NETs. I hesitated because once you put NET in an atty it takes a long time to get the flavour out and the smell.

I put one of my grossest ones in one of my Taifun GS2. It not only works great; I can go thru over 3mls, but liquid actually tastes better in it than even my Origen V3 drippers.

I thought Id share this because its so nice to enjoy the NET without the annoying dripping.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
I recently tried The Plume Rooms Honey Fig Tobacco NET juice. I first loaded it up in a Maquis. Tightened down for mouth to lung, slightly sweet cigar. Opened it up and it now tastes like honey and figs. I 'm not sure about this one.

I always try all juice MTL and lung pulls as the taste swings drastically for me.

Reactions: anavidfan

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Good Thread!.....I asked the same question over on the 'Liquid Extraction from Tobacco' section!...
I've ended up junking cotton for s/s rope & mesh, for a bit more longevity!
Mainly drippers:- Origen V2 & V3 & a Magma. Origenny & Next-Gen when I risk a tank!
Oh....Taifun GT on occasion.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
ive been using a marquis clone with a single coil mesh wick at 1.0 ohm. i have had to dry burn every 3-4ml when using my homebrew net extract. stil worth it though
Which reminded Me that I forgot to mention My 'Juice Testing' Dripper!...Can't really get more basic:- an FT $2 14mm dripper with a 2mm, 1ohm vertical coil & a minute bit of mesh. You only get 3 hits before having to drip again (& You MUST N'T forget!!!) but changing flavours is easy 'cos You can burn off the residual juice from coil/wick & the new flavour's un-corrupted...........currently cycling thru' 10 different NETs from tonight's mixing session!!

blobofblubber

Oct 19, 2015
Which reminded Me that I forgot to mention My 'Juice Testing' Dripper!...Can't really get more basic:- an FT $2 14mm dripper with a 2mm, 1ohm vertical coil & a minute bit of mesh. You only get 3 hits before having to drip again (& You MUST N'T forget!!!) but changing flavours is easy 'cos You can burn off the residual juice from coil/wick & the new flavour's un-corrupted...........currently cycling thru' 10 different NETs from tonight's mixing session!!

wow 10 nets. thats a lot. so far i have 3 nets in my stable. still trying to perfect net extrations

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Glad you found us. We are a minority in the flavor crowd. Most find the gross mess too much to deal with and I dont blame them.

I figured this might be great for others that are on the look out for atomizer options.

Ain't it weird how you can you understand why others would be totally turned off by it, but yet you can still appreciate the hell out of it? My NETs are rarely something I would even let someone try (if I had it loaded up) unless I was certain they could 'get' it.

Oh, and just to be on topic: I mostly use RDAs for them.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I bought a bunch of the Fog Sauce line when an online vendor closed them out at $3 for 30ml each - I have vaped over 30ml through my Fountain V2 (squonk bottle under a RDA in one unit) and the coil is still clean - carbon color now but each coil loop is distinct viewed through the glass chamber. Maybe squonking RDA's or devices like the REO are good since the only juice in the firing part of the atty is in the wick since the rest gets sucked back into the bottle.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
my latest extract is using ethanol as the solvent. supposedly will be less gunky on wick and coils but havent put it to the test yet. time passes slowly when waiting for nets to steep.
I've read thru' that thread with great interest..........& great jealousy that I can't buy PGA over here..(tho' I've since found someone Who'll distill it...Ssshhh!!!) What I've been doing, after extracting (cold maceration in PG) is to 're-use' the 'baccy by steeping in Vodka...yet to reduce with heat tho'. But have a couple of '2nd steeps' in the Freezer now to get the crap to fall out! GREAT info. on here!!!!!!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So Im getting closer to giving DIY NET a try. Took the first step and bought a couple small cigars; Acid Blondie and Dominican H.Upman.

the H.Upman smells like heaven. Im just scared to crush them and put them in VG.

cigars-000_zpsqvbwwhqd.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Oh, back to the Hardware...scooped a great bargain, S/H from one of the blokes on the uk-based vaping forum I'm on, 5x Origen V3s & a V2 (clones) RDAs....+ 2 more with dodgy 510 threads. Hoping that I can manage to 'Dremel-ise' at least one into a B/F for My Owl squonker!

I can understand the hoarding of multiples when it comes to a favorite. One never knows if the company will exist a year from now or if the newer version just is not for us. I like clouds, but taste is more important and usually upgrades are geared for more and more air that takes taste away. Many modders dont keep spare parts for future needs.

Im thinking I should get some spare Origen V3 dripper center pins.

GOt a question for you since you really seem to like them. Mine came with brass/ copper? pos pin/ screws. Authentic.
I see that they dont sell anything but SS replacements. I found that the adjustment screw is already getting dinged just with the couple of times Ive adjusted for certain MODS.

Have you used the SS and have you found any difference in performance? Im just worried that the contact will eventually not make a solid contact with the 510 connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread