Atomizers and NET liquids, what do you use to vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Should I just do a whole cigar? How much extract can be made and how much finished ml can I expect? I have lots of big bottles....
I've only extracted cigars thrice; one of that size yielded approx. 60ml. & I used 30% when mixing. Do You have to use VG?....I used VG for My 1st extractions but it's a pain to filter

Re. the Origens; I'm totally sold on 'em but have n't had 'em for that long so have n't had to change pins yet! I reckon that My tanks (apart from the Origennies!...) will soon get pensioned off.....unless I can obtain some finer filter paper to clean up My NETs. I'm sitting here puffing on Havana Cigar juice in a re-coiled Kraken, for a change, but the flavour's several shades below the Origens......& I KNOW that I won't get to the end of the tank before I have to pull the wicks & burn 'em clean...

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think Im going to use PG. Hopefully it will still be smooth.

The only tank Ive been able to use with my NETs are the Taifun GSII. On some NETS Ive actually been able to go thru 6mls, but usually its a tankful and wick off and coils cleaned. I think the fact that you dont have to dump the liquid to access the wick and coil is a great plus.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ok, I officially crushed the Acid Blondie and covered it in PG.

So six weeks? I will photograph the progression.
11-21-2016

NET-002_zpsjjjspyg5.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The newly released fishbone plus rda looks like it is perfect for nets. I can use mesh and since there is a ceramic cup = no hot spots. Still waiting for 1 tho

Sounds interesting, do you have a link? Id love to see the internals and the deck :)

If you get one, let us know your findings.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
The newly released fishbone plus rda looks like it is perfect for nets. I can use mesh and since there is a ceramic cup = no hot spots. Still waiting for 1 tho

I've now seen the FT clone & yeah, I fancy one! As well as the ceramic cup, it's got Velocity-style posts, which are SO quick & easy to coil onto.....I've a Velocity clone but never use it as the very thin top cap just gives Me a vape that's too hot/harsh....this 'bone looks more like it!!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
well, i picked up a fishbone plus and its a bit of a let down. it leaks from the 510 and the "spiral effect" driptip collects juice and i end up with a mouthful of juice. In this day and age im shocked that a product would leak from the 510. anyway some plumbers tape is in order. Back to my marquis clone for now
I received my Fishbone yesterday and have had that mouthful of burning liquid happen. Thought it was from not tightening the inside sleeve to the drip tip portion. I tightened it down and it worked last night but low and behold, just got another mouthful of hot liquid as I type. It also seems a little on the airy side; too much for my liking as I prefer a tighter draw. Will play around with it for a little longer but at the rate it's going, this thing is headed for early retirement. Really don't see this thing taking the place of my Origens or Velocity.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
On the subject of filters, I have varied stainless steel mesh , i think the finest is 25 microns. I also have the standard paper coffee filters and a stainless disk for my aeropress.

Ive been looking into something in the 2.5 micron and seem to only find some pretty expensive ones. I worry that those will become impregnated with one flavour and transfer it along to the next. I hate to use soap as if its so fine, it might hold on to some soap.

Is there a place someone could suggest that I can find paper 2.5 micron filters that are more economical?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks for that....Sticking with the gang of Origens then!

I love my Origen drippers too. I had a few simple drippers I really liked but they were small and did not hold much, so it was drip , drip , drip....

I tried a few , the Magma, the Achilles, etc. The problem I had was they were designed for dual coils and when set up as singles they just did not taste or feel right.
Some were to hot, like the Achilles. I enjoyed the Taifun dripper kit, simple and great taste, same with the Flash-e-vapor drip conversion.

I really loved the look of the Origen, simple but was weary of the fact that it was designed for multi coils. Got a clone and was pleasantly surprised. I ended up with a genuine because my clone had some issues with the positive contact coming loose etc.

I have 2 of them and really enjoy it, not too much air, not complicated and easy.

Reactions: yourgurnard

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I keep trying to find a replacement for my Origens but still wind up using them about 80% of the time with NET's. The ease of use and flavor is unrivaled. I have four Origen clones and spent $10 for each of them as the local B&M was closing them out a while back (except the first one I bought as it was $20 when it was of newish style). Best $50 I ever spent. The Velocity is close but dripping in the dark at night is a pain, at least for me it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread