Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
lately i have been loving the SJMY Doggystyle 2k16. This is just amazing and so small and light.

Hi, Dubminer! Did you get yours from 3F? I'm always looking for a smallish atty with a 2.4 mm or so airport hole, like my KF4. I read somewhere on FT that the SXK Doggystyle has a small 1.5 mm airport, so I wasn't interested--too small for me, but someone reported that the SJMY version has a larger hole--2.3 mm? Could you confirm that? If that's the case, and you like the performance of the atty, I'd like to get one. Thanks.

My SXK KF5 from 3F is still going strong. No problems whatsoever. :)

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Hi, Dubminer! Did you get yours from 3F? I'm always looking for a smallish atty with a 2.4 mm or so airport hole, like my KF4. I read somewhere on FT that the SXK Doggystyle has a small 1.5 mm airport, so I wasn't interested--too small for me, but someone reported that the SJMY version has a larger hole--2.3 mm? Could you confirm that? If that's the case, and you like the performance of the atty, I'd like to get one. Thanks.

My SXK KF5 from 3F is still going strong. No problems whatsoever. :)
Yes i got mine from 3fvape. No idea about the exact size of the airhole but i would guess 2.5. Really good vape and for the size it is amazing how much juice it holds. My SXK KF v5 is also still going strong. A real work horse!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Havent been around in a while, but stopped into check on the thread.

I have to say im well known for my balls deep devotion to my Lemo 2 tanks, but following close behind that is the utterly reliable and easy to build/wick SJMY KF5 tank. Im also famous for sending tanks back, many many tanks have been thrown back at their manufacturers...all originals. The SJMY clone survives , and those SJMY people could probably teach the majors some things...espeically threading.

Its the second (only to my Lemo 2's) in line to being the most undramatic tank ive ever owned. Im thirdly pretty well known for hating fricking juice flow control, hate that ...., poiintless marketing crap, and i refuse to use them. To that end in all the time ive owned my SJMY KF5, the juice flow control has never been closed....and the tank has never leaked.....not a single drop.

Best AUD$32? i spent in vaping....

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I have 7 in rotation. I also have an Aromamizer Supreme (25mm), 2 Aromamizer Supreme Lite (23mm, leaks all the time!), 2 KM3 and 2 Serpent Mini. I have 4 or 5 KF5's NIB in my stash.

I know you said you were gonna eBay those spares awhile back, but if you ever decide to get rid of em let us know! Ill take a spare off your hands. ;) Im still using the black Tobeco I got last year, only reason I carry my Derringer with me anymore is in case something happens to the coil/wick in the KF5 while Im out and about so I can still vape hehe.

Reactions: Kenna

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Mine SJMY is almost perfect. Sometimes it's not catching best the threads between deck and evaporation chamber. But it's not grinding or blocking. You only have to carefully start turning so the threading catch nicely. I don't care if it goes kaput. I'll buy original chamber for few euros. Otherwise it's just like real kayfun 5. No leaking I've even tried to provoke by leaving JFC open while opening fill cap. Like stylemessiah said JFC opened never closed. The thing is pretty heavy and the AFC is super done. I use 100VG so I have to turn 2 and1/4 turns for perfect wicking.
Tastes better as any pure M2L tank with coils. Even better as my old crius on dual coil. Whic was mine flavor tester.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Question:
@KTMRider , @dwcraig1
I seem to remember someone said instead of using the Orings that are shown in the schematic for #8 #10 and #11 of using 1X11's on #8 and #11 and a 1X12 on #10 can anyone confirm this????
This is for the Tobecco clone.
I have seven Tobeco clones and use 1x 11 on #8 #10 #11.They all work perfectly.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Need suggestions - One of my K5s won't fire.

Was doing a routine re-wicking, cleaned the coil and it wouldn't fire. Checked for a short- nope. Thought maybe coil was bad. Built a new one- same result: no connection to my ProVari. Loosened the center pin (which I've never had to do before)- no power. Tried it on a couple other ProVaris with same result. Never ever had this happen before, and I'm out of ideas.

Having the exact same issue with another Kayfun 5. Getting an "OP" reading on ProVari. Tried switching pins from another K5 and no luck. Noticed that on my other K5s, the pin extends slightly below the connection, whereas this one is pretty flush. Tried backing the pin out a bit, and no luck. Any suggestions? New pin? New insulator? I'm stumped.
Any suggestions? Last time this happened I switched pins with another K5 and all was good- even after I switched them back. FWIW, these are all authentic Svoemesto.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I have a problem with my black Tobecco K5. Suddenly I'm getting dry hits. It's like the juice isn't flowing. I tried hard pulls trying to get the bubbles to show, but no bubbles. I took the pin out to check orings & they are fine. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
The only things it could be is that your juice flow control is either closed, or your wicking too packed in the juice channels.. that all I can come up with.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The only things it could be is that your juice flow control is either closed, or your wicking too packed in the juice channels.. that all I can come up with.
Gotta be the wicking, I open the juice flow much further than I shouls uave to. I've been using 3 of these since last July & then just suddenly started.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Gotta be the wicking, I open the juice flow much further than I shouls uave to. I've been using 3 of these since last July & then just suddenly started.

Re-wick and your prob fine.
I've had a SMJY KF5 since last summer. Overall it the best tank I've ever owned.. my main tank it's held up great, no leaks ever and still has the original o-rings. I'm tiered of trying new tanks and having them not live up to my expectations. Think I just need to stock up on a couple more of these for the future.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
I have a problem with my black Tobecco K5. Suddenly I'm getting dry hits. It's like the juice isn't flowing. I tried hard pulls trying to get the bubbles to show, but no bubbles. I took the pin out to check orings & they are fine. Any ideas?

I used 100VG on my SJMY and had problems on 2 turns so half turn more and problem done. Sometimes I "prime" the wicking while firing by blowing through and than I inhale. Now on 70/30 VG/PG two turns are enough. So play with it. And don't cut the cotton to long. Lay it on the side of the deck. Cut a bit higher than the first O ring from above.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Any suggestions? Last time this happened I switched pins with another K5 and all was good- even after I switched them back. FWIW, these are all authentic Svoemesto.
Sometimes mine h priv reads on mine SJMY kayfun to high resistance. For me fixes problem unscrewing and than screwing the 510pin screw.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Re-wick and your prob fine.
I've had a SMJY KF5 since last summer. Overall it the best tank I've ever owned.. my main tank it's held up great, no leaks ever and still has the original o-rings. I'm tiered of trying new tanks and having them not live up to my expectations. Think I just need to stock up on a couple more of these for the future.
I'm ordering a couple more, too. I think I got the wick cut too long & it's choking off juice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I used 100VG on my SJMY and had problems on 2 turns so half turn more and problem done. Sometimes I "prime" the wicking while firing by blowing through and than I inhale. Now on 70/30 VG/PG two turns are enough. So play with it. And don't cut the cotton to long. Lay it on the side of the deck. Cut a bit higher than the first O ring from above.
I've played with priming it. Didn't help. I think I I cut the wicks too long. Rewicked & did it again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I don't have a SJMY but I have an Angelcigs and SXK. Both are inferior to the Tobecos I have. The AC and SXK both have started leaking at the top cap and installing new o-rings didn't help.

As for wicking, I pack the tails to the back of the channel to leave the 2 front (of 4) juice holes clear and never had an issue.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Having the exact same issue with another Kayfun 5. Getting an "OP" reading on ProVari. Tried switching pins from another K5 and no luck. Noticed that on my other K5s, the pin extends slightly below the connection, whereas this one is pretty flush. Tried backing the pin out a bit, and no luck. Any suggestions? New pin? New insulator? I'm stumped.
SOLVED: Kayfun 5 Center Pin Screw Not Making Contact

The Problem:
Center pin screw does not extend far enough out of 510 connection to make contact. On my problem K5s the screw was nearly flush with the bottom of the 510 threads. My guess is that as the result of tightening the insulators become somewhat compressed, preventing the screw from extending far enough.

The Quick & Dirty Solution: I found this solution on the Fasttech forums, which goes to show you that we can learn learn things from the clone users. It couldn't be easier: Simply remove the screw insulator and reverse it, so the narrow end is at the bottom. Works like a charm! Now, you might be able to get the same result by installing new insulators, including the deck insulator, but this fix is easy and free.

Of course, I found this after spending $$$ on a couple replacement center pin assemblies and insulators. Oh well, it's always good to have spare parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread