Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I'm just wondering WHY you decided to jump on a Vertical coil before learning the Basics of coil building???????
Already suggested you STOP using RIP as your guide and save his stuff for later once you are comfortable.

Relax and Watch/listen/copy

Note: Tried one myself for a day - Decided Vertical coils were not to my liking.

Just finished watching this. The more people talk about how easy this is, the more I want to kill myself. There is not one thing easy about it.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Did you fully saturate the entire wick and coil? Prob like 8-10 drops? Fill the tank and maybe take a few pulls without firing and let sit for a few. I'm also wondering if you've fully cleaned all the parts really good with dish soap/alcohol.

This is one of my favorite wicking methods, wicking starts around 14:40. http://youtu.be/pdXjBWf8Pc0 I only use cotton balls tho.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Did you fully saturate the entire wick and coil? Prob like 8-10 drops? Fill the tank and maybe take a few pulls without firing and let sit for a few. I'm also wondering if you've fully cleaned all the parts really good with dish soap/alcohol.

Yes. Fully saturated the wick. Waited 10mins after filling tank to try. Tank was thoroughly cleaned before my first build attempt.

At this point I think the KFL, Nemesis and Kanthal can go into the trash next to my Protanks that I tossed last week. I never realized how stupid I truly am until this experience.

For the record, I have now built 37 coils with no success, so I don't feel I am giving up to quickly.

Last edited:

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well at least I'm no longer feeling alone at the "why don't I get this" table...I even bought pre-fabbed coils and wicks from Slowtech and still managed to screw up quite a few of those before I got a single coil working in my wife's IGO...scared to take mine apart from what it came built with from the factory because I fat-finger and hideously mangle everything I've touched to date (with one lucky exception).

I'm pulling for you, Elendil - if you can get as close as you have there may be hope for me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread