Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
you bricked it, its not dead, it did not download the update correctly. Try reloading the original firmware and then read up on how to open up you new firmware though zipfile.
You have given me a ray of hope! I'll do this as soon as I get to my father in laws house, my computer is a piece of garbage so maybe I'll have better luck with his.

Reactions: Clark Kent

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What happened??? Attempted to update the firmware of my brand spanking new Pico and now it won't do anything :cry: I. Am. So. Sad. :facepalm:
Remove the battery and put it back. Normally functioning mods boot. Is there a reset button? Might as well try 5 clicks on the fire button. Try a spare battery if you have one.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Remove the battery and put it back. Normally functioning mods boot. Is there a reset button? Might as well try 5 clicks on the fire button. Try a spare battery if you have one.
Tried all these suggestions right off the bat, but thank you. I think Clark has it right so cross your fingers for me! I'm not so good with computers so I'll need all the luck I can get.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
:facepalm:I have done this many times with most of my mods, Yeah I am horrible with computers or I would walk you though it. But I finally got them to update even if I cant remember how. even did the 5.04 update on my old evic vtc mini with a logo, I have updated this one about 5 times now, you think I would know how to explain it:facepalm:

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
:facepalm:I have done this many times with most of my mods, Yeah I am horrible with computers or I would walk you though it. But I finally got them to update even if I cant remember how. even did the 5.04 update on my old evic vtc mini with a logo, I have updated this one about 5 times now, you think I would know how to explain it:facepalm:
Praying I can figure it out. Rushing the husband through his shower so we can get to his dad's house early for dinner.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Does the software updater give you an option of what version you want to update to? If so, maybe if you left that part blank it would totally wipe it and then you could upload again and this time put in the version you want. Kinda like a hard boot. Just a thought.
:)

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
So cnnect it up for charging and see what happens.
Nothing with the wall USB charger, black screen and not responding to any clicking. I'm not plugging anything into my piece of crap laptop ever again, but we'll see what happens with dad's desktop shortly. As soon as I can rush my menfolk out the door...

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Same thing happened to me, my Pico went dead, over heated. I had to take it back to store and they tried new battery etc. They said it was defective and gave me a new one, l am too nervous to upgrade this one
I'm going to attempt to save it, if I can't I'll be contacting the vendor to replace. I don't want to have to wait for it to come all over again though!

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
you bricked it, its not dead, it did not download the update correctly. Try reloading the original firmware and then read up on how to open up you new firmware though zipfile.
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
What happened??? Attempted to update the firmware of my brand spanking new Pico and now it won't do anything :cry: I. Am. So. Sad. :facepalm:
I never upgrade until i have to. I don't need the latest and greatest.

I have upgraded operating system on computer and ended up with a dead computer. NO THANK YOU! If it AINT broke don't fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread