ATTN: China! PLEASE stop with the clear coat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I will not get it not the personality traits that demand clear coat on a mod, but I bet he wears those funny hats and has a really unique goatee. You know, the guy that could`nt change a flat tire if it was necessary.

But I got a King mod yesterday that had so much clear coat on it it refused to fire!!!

So into the paint stripper it went, then it got brushed, then back into the stripper, and it got brushed.

I mean come on, if you want it clear coated, do it yourself. Do not force the manufacturer to provide a mod that will not fire out of the box because of your desire for permanent shininess.

End-o-rant. And Loving the KING!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Offensive post

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Gosh, they never tell you what brand, as if there is a thing in china. One factory makes many, (now double that#) and then they go into boxes and then brands put their stamp on them. It is 23mm, which as far as I know is correct. Its quite HQ, the copper is copper and threads have no issue`s. I just got it from vape95 after someone posted a thread about a sale there (15 bucks shipping included!). Glad I did, its now going to be my Rabbit mod, you know, the one that will mate well with ANY of my many RDA`s, :?)

And Vape95 is now going on my BOLO list!

L1060300.JPG

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The first brass non "Improof" knurled king clone on FT was the best one.
( they carry a different version now).
It didn't have the "made in the USA" button and was really close to the original.
I have one, with a bent lock ring from a fall :( .
I have 4 knurled king clones and two king v1 clones.

Extremely well made mods.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Ya, its got that intolerable lie on the button, but heck, I dont look at the button much, LOL.

The switch is nice, hides very well after a little dressing of the top post, and its only got about 1mm of travel. And mags too, but we`ll see how they hold up to the .18 mut-x. If not, I got springs to spare, :?)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Ya, its got that intolerable lie on the button, but heck, I dont look at the button much, LOL.

The switch is nice, hides very well after a little dressing of the top post, and its only got about 1mm of travel. And mags too, but we`ll see how they hold up to the .18 mut-x. If not, I got springs to spare, :?)

As far as the "made in the USA" button is concerned, don't sweat it.
The original king is a blatant copy of the Chi you with different logos and octagonal rings. ( I still love the design!)

Some clones have weak springs that will fail or cause voltage loss issues.
I usually replace mine with better springs or magnets as soon as I recieve them.

Edited to add some king luv:

Last edited:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
LOL, I do find good judgement a necessity in life. The ability to change a tire, well priceless, And its been suggested that facial hair traps fecal matter.

But the irony here is the guy that wants it to be bright and shiny forever, might also want it to work. :cool:

We can now add that to the list of is it when diagnosing failure to fire conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread