Not open for further replies.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Odd that you got one that was dry, normally they are primed with some PG or similar. Certainly doesn't hurt to put a little VG in there if that's the case :)

If you're going to use it right away you can just prime it with whatever juice you're going to use, instead. For long term storage, I usually prime them with clean PG or VG just to keep them wet and prevent corrosion of the mesh inside, so if you're not using it right away it wouldn't hurt to prime it with some clean VG/PG

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Odd that you got one that was dry, normally they are primed with some PG or similar. Certainly doesn't hurt to put a little VG in there if that's the case :)

If you're going to use it right away you can just prime it with whatever juice you're going to use, instead. For long term storage, I usually prime them with clean PG or VG just to keep them wet and prevent corrosion of the mesh inside, so if you're not using it right away it wouldn't hurt to prime it with some clean VG/PG

I'm going to use right now, so put some juice in & should I let it soak in & put some more in or what's or advice? 1st atty I ever got, it's a 510. So when I'm not gonna use it for a week or so then just let PG or VG sit so it stays wet? Got it from kidney puncher, someone recommend them. Probably cheaper side but I'm new & don't wanna get an expensive one to "learn"! U are obviously my only comment so all advice I can get from u the better! Oh, some ppl say dry burn but I read the droppers post on here & he was like absolutely not, don't do it! Should I just start at a low voltage & go from there? Sorry so many questions, obviously 1st time w/ atty.. Specially a dry one.
Ty bunches

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI

I figured it out & oh my I'm in love lol. Gotta get the Kayfun or something now. Just one thing, if I'm not using it for a week do I just put VG in & let it sit, then clean when ready?

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I figured it out & oh my I'm in love lol. Gotta get the Kayfun or something now. Just one thing, if I'm not using it for a week do I just put VG in & let it sit, then clean when ready?

Yeah, that's how I do it

I clean my attys after use by simply dripping some plain PG through them to flush them out, then lightly blow out the excess into a tissue and it's good to go for storage. That's just my method, though. Many people have other rituals they swear by, that one is just plain simple and works for me ;-)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
No need to dry burn your 510 atty. I've always used PG or VG, enough to flood the atty, heat it up with a few pulses on the fire button and blow it out into a tissue. The gunk was PG/VG soluble when it went in, should come out reasonably well with the same...:vapor:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

Drip, Drip, Drip - The Sound of Dripping - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

How to get started with dripping and REALLY taste your juice! :) - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
U are obviously my only comment so all advice I can get from u the better! Oh, some ppl say dry burn but I read the droppers post on here & he was like absolutely not, don't do it! Should I just start at a low voltage & go from there? Sorry so many questions, obviously 1st time w/ atty.. Specially a dry one.

It's all good. This forum doesn't have a whole lot of traffic since RBAs are so common nowadays, but some atty afficionados do swing by and answer questions once in a while.

Personally, I don't dry burn attys, but some do. Personal preference and all that

If it's your first dripping atty and you're using a VV device, yeah I'd start the voltage low and adjust up till you find your sweet spot. There is some learning curve to dripping, you'll probably get the occasional dry hit or drip too much and flood the atty, but stick with it and you'll get a feel for it pretty quick. I don't often use standard attys nowadays, but once in a while I like the pure simplicity of dripping on a store-bought atty. Not to mention they can still be a darn good vape :)

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
It's all good. This forum doesn't have a whole lot of traffic since RBAs are so common nowadays, but some atty afficionados do swing by and answer questions once in a while.

Personally, I don't dry burn attys, but some do. Personal preference and all that

If it's your first dripping atty and you're using a VV device, yeah I'd start the voltage low and adjust up till you find your sweet spot. There is some learning curve to dripping, you'll probably get the occasional dry hit or drip too much and flood the atty, but stick with it and you'll get a feel for it pretty quick. I don't often use standard attys nowadays, but once in a while I like the pure simplicity of dripping on a store-bought atty. Not to mention they can still be a darn good vape :)

Thanks, great info & like u said everybody has their own ritual. I'm just starting & would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do rebuild ables but I'm scared haha. Well not scared, intimidated! The taste in an atomizer is amazing, now I see why ppl rebuild plus the vapor too. Ugh, I don't live in a big vaping community & the closet shop is hour 1/2-2 hours from me:( So I will have to watch "real" utube videos. I think the Kayfun is good to start, looks easy enough... We will see. Thank you again, love vaping & learning all the things that come along w/ it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread