Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
BF atty (similar to a Magma?
This would be an uneducated guess, but I'm thinking if he wants something like a Magma, then it would be more MTL and flavor oriented than the other side of the spectrum... My vote would be for the Origin Little 16 as well. It can do everything you want without all the mess.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
DL. Origen little 16 looks nice but it's quite expensive. Might grab it anyway.

I personally don't think you will regret it.

I have two and think they are the absolute best performing BF atty I have tried in single coil mode. I use 28ga kanthal on a 2mm jig with 6-8 wraps on my Reo Grand and get good vapor with the atty set to the largest air holes. Flavor is outstanding, likely due to the small size of the Little 16. I would rate my Stumpys a very close second, so that may be another consideration for about the same price. I have not tried the Little 16 using the smaller air holes, but they are pretty small and I would guess that it would work for MTL - so until I try, maybe someone else can verify.

Edit: OK, since the Little can be used with a single air hole or dual air holes, I set mine to the smallest single air hole and it definitely can do MTL - quite well.

Last edited:

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Can you replace Magmas pin with a bf-pin?
Wouldn't that be the obvious choice, if possible?
Sadly there really aren't that many options to replace Magma.
Would check Reomizers from Reos Mods and also what Roscoe has to offer on his site, Apex bf-Customs.

These days you could probably pick up a BF pin :w00t:
When I modded mine BF atty options were very limited.:(
If you don't need an AFC the RM2 is a great little atty. Easy to build on and good flavour for a single coil MTL build.
Chalice 3 is also nice, but expensive, and I found has a little bit of a gurgle issue till you get your squonking just right.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
For cheaper alternatives, Roscoe was offering the Narda's Chinese clone..a very good atty IMHO. Another good clone was the M Atty clone that Catfish offered in his thread..they both do a decent job in flavor and vapor production (he will have more made if there is enough demand). I have had the M Atty clone for a while now and it's one of my favorites. I just got my Narda clone yesterday from @rudedog and my first impression of it is very positive. For flavor atties with a restricted draw and single coil builds the RM2 is really magnificent and is affordable and would give similar more expensive money.

If you can spare a 100 bucks I would also suggest you get on Pdib's list for the Nuppin' as soon as you can; a very versatile atty that IMHO is the best out there. It may look difficult to build initially because of its unusual postless deck, but you'll get it in no time really.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I decided to go for the Origen Little 16, unfortunately I had to order from Canada as it was out of stock everywhere else, so it cost a little more than I wanted to spend, but I bought it anyway, should be on its way soon.

Nice choice. I found a single centered coil to work very well in the O16. However, that was on a regulated mod. I'd probably have to run duals on a mech given that I like a little warmth.

QXNWelT.jpg

Reactions: m3th1dz

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hope this is ok to ask here...
I am stocking up on hardware for the coming regulations, and I will be getting a bf mod (mechanical, no chip), and a BF atty. I need recommendations for a simple to setup, single coil, BF atty (similar to a Magma?

I'm kinda from the other Universe. In that I like run RDA's in Single Coil mode. And like with more of a Restrictive Airflow for Flavor.

For me, A BF Converted NarDa is a Perfect Set-Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread