Augvape Alleria Rta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I've seen this tank mentioned a few times in other threads but figured I'd start a thread for the tank itself. The folks over at Augvape were kind enough to send me one of these along with their Druid RDA. According to my shipping notice I should receive them tomorrow evening. I know that there has been some speculation about the tank being held together by o-rings but I don't have any real information other than pictures for now. In my opinion it's a gorgeous tank, appears similar to the Crius v1 deck, but has a glass chimney (awesome)! Will leave some pics here for now and report back after I've had some time to play with it for a little while!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have one coming tomorrow as well. Your photos are very different from the ones I've seen so maybe it will work out nicely after all with the updates. The first version I was convinced was going to fall off the base within 48 hours.

Well, if its like this it might be a very nice tank. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Well, it still looks like there isn't anything more than a large seal holding the tank to the base. I hope that metal cage around the glass has some threading because the chimney isn't going to hold it together either.
Yeah this was my concern as well, the cage was what I didn't remember seeing in previous photos so maybe it serves some purpose. People seem to be enjoying the Druid so I'm keeping faith for now that they wouldn't release a total failure! I know that they are wanting feedback so this could see a final revision before release if something is fatally wrong, hoping for a winner though!

Reactions: roxynoodle

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Well, I'll let ya know when it shows up :)

We have determined though that the glass cage does indeed have threads to hold the tank to the base :)
Yes, not a tank being held together by just a few o-rings. I did put a build in tonight but feel that my wicking needed some improvement before sharing an opinion on the tank. Have been talking with roxy some today, and the Alleria seems to have a lot to bring to the table. Some very cool features for sure. I'll update my experiences once I feel I have it built correctly, and I'm also eager to hear roxy's thougts as I'm sure many others are/will be.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, DHL doesn't know where it is. For some reason this morning it was sent back to the Cinncinnati hub that it arrived at. They don't deliver on the weekend. They are supposed to call me back by 5pm Monday to let me know what's happening with it. So its going to be at least a few more days before its in my hands.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Well, DHL doesn't know where it is. For some reason this morning it was sent back to the Cinncinnati hub that it arrived at. They don't deliver on the weekend. They are supposed to call me back by 5pm Monday to let me know what's happening with it. So its going to be at least a few more days before its in my hands.

Dislike! That stinks Roxy!

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Well, hopefully they don't send it back for China. The guy on the phone didn't know what to make of it being sent back to the arrival hub. Yesterday it was at my local hub for delivery to me, but it was sent back for some reason.
Well, today my name is China. So if they send it to me, I'll at least send you the glass chimney section for you to use as an RDA. I know, I'm so thoughtful.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've looked around a little on the interwebs but I only see them for sale on the questionable alibaba. Is there a place to purchase one?

I'm most curious about how well the juice flow control works and whether it will hold up to repeated uses?

I'm curious about that myself.

As for buying it, it may still be in the prototype phase? I'm not sure. But, if it is that's a good thing because they could still make revisions based on our feedback.

Well, today my name is China. So if they send it to me, I'll at least send you the glass chimney section for you to use as an RDA. I know, I'm so thoughtful.

Ha ha, they seem to be driving it back and forth between Cincinnati and Romulus, Michigan. You'll have to hijack it. Might be the fastest way to get it. I could stand in the median on I-75 and wait for sighting the DHL truck, then stop it and steal my RTA.

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
A friend of mine ordered a few from the manufacturer. I got one on Friday and have been vaping it all weekend.

Yes. The cage is threaded to both the top and bottom so it is not a compression fit with orings.

And yes, the version without the cage was the prototype. My friend's order was held up a few days as they were still making the first production run with the cage.

I did an unboxing here:
Alleria RTA - Unboxing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread