Augvape Merlin Mini By Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Hi all! Not going to bore you with blah, blah, blah.
This is the new offering from AugVape and Roxy, the Merlin Mini.
•24mm diameter
•18mm single coil deck with 2 x 2mm post holes
•18mm dual coil deck with 2 x 2.5mm post holes
•2ml capacity
•2mm and 1.5mm airflow inserts for single coil deck
•33.5mm height without driptip and 42.5mm with driptip

These are in Production now. These pics are the final prototype.
kevm89.jpg

2mcah6b.jpg

11m3xc2.jpg

27y90ev.jpg

23t5f0h.jpg

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all! Not going to bore you with blah, blah, blah.
This is the new offering from AugVape and Roxy, the Merlin Mini.
•24mm diameter
•18mm single coil deck with 2 x 2mm post holes
•18mm dual coil deck with 2 x 2.5mm post holes
•2ml capacity
•2mm and 1.5mm airflow inserts for single coil deck
•33.5mm height without driptip and 42.5mm with driptip

These are in Production now. These pics are the final prototype.
kevm89.jpg

2mcah6b.jpg

11m3xc2.jpg

27y90ev.jpg

23t5f0h.jpg
I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Too bad it's 24 mm, looks like a nice small tank for a Pico. I love my Merlin, which does fit. The "competition" for this tank might be the Goblin v3, which also comes with a single a dual coil deck, about 2.5 ml volume, but is only 22 mm. If I were to get a 24 mm tank, I'd probably want more volume than 2 ml.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Too bad it's 24 mm, looks like a nice small tank for a Pico. I love my Merlin, which does fit. The "competition" for this tank might be the Goblin v3, which also comes with a single a dual coil deck, about 2.5 ml volume, but is only 22 mm. If I were to get a 24 mm tank, I'd probably want more volume than 2 ml.
Bummer. I cant put a 24 mm on my two Pico's.

I DO have two eVic VTC Mini's. Would give me a reason to use one of them.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016

Goblin V3 only has 16mm deck (smaller).
Just wonder which one gives better "max air flow"?

The 23mm Augvape Merlin currently sold in China seems to be a better choice for those intend to get their first Merlin tank because it allows one to change from 2.5ml to 4.0ml at will and vise versa.

I have a chat today with Fasttech support, they told me they will add that China version to their stock in the future...

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I get it, it's short... but I really dislike "mini" tanks that are 24, 25mm... and this is CERTAINLY not the only one. I may well end up with it anyway, but surely there's better terminology. I have Picos too (not solely) and those are definitely not the only device that max out at 22-23mm, at least if overhang bothers you.

Nice looking tank, though. I just wish companies were using the term "shorty" or something similar for a short, squat tank. Griffin and SMOK are two other big offenders on that point.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The only mod I have it won't fit on is the Pico. Everything else will take a 25 mm tank just fine. Again, I love my full size Merlin, I'm just not seeing how this will fit into my tank rotation. I already have a Serpent mini for a little 22 mm single coil which is great on the Pico, and can use my Bellus and Merlin on it as well (although I think the S mini is a better balanced size).

I guess I'll wait for some reviews of this and the Goblin before deciding (also like the extension kit for the Goblin for those times I might want more volume).

Reactions: MMW

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
For more dynamic/compex coils and to reduce post length/chamber size.

My experience tells, the bigger the distance the more flexible for complex coil build. Post length and chamber size can be adjusted even if it is a round hole...

May be Roxy can design a square single coil deck with bottom-squre chimney, this will max out the distance between the 2 posts.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
My experience tells, the bigger the distance the more flexible for complex coil build. Post length and chamber size can be adjusted even if it is a round hole...

May be Roxy can design a square single coil deck with bottom-squre chimney, this will max out the distance between the 2 posts.
You should design one, get it approved, and get it manufactured.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Lol! Me too. How's the 6x doing? I'm still on the fence.

I bought 2, the black one has problem with the battery cap at the bottom, sort of too loose and I always accidently open it... I end up bending its hook with pliers. The blue one has no problem.
AugVape Merlin RTA 25.jpg

Man... if you have the budget why wait? This is the best mod I have ever bought so far. How nice if I can have a short Merlin sitting on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread