Authentic Joyetech eGo C versus knock off eG C - Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkGeoffrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
Florida
I have no idea where to post this, but from what I have been seeing during my extensive research for the best prices is that there are a lot of knockoff e-Go C's being sold for very close to the cost of the new Authentic joyetech ego C kit, which I have found for $79.99 or slightly higher. That goes pretty much for all the eGo models too.
Knockoffs should NOT be selling for top dollar!!! :glare:

There it is then, be an informed consumer shop around for the best price and then make your purchase.
buy what you want, spend how ever much you like! Don't take it upon your self to tell people what to charge.
Just buy from some one who has the item you want at the price you want to pay.
Do not knock any one for trying to make a profit the truth of it is that is why people go in to business!

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Cheemiss, I get where you're coming from but since most ecig equipment comes from China, knockoffs will always be part of the game. Imo there's never any way to know 100% you're not getting a knockoff (of joyetech) from any supplier, even if they're on the approved list from joyetech. That means they can sell JT, but doesn't mean they'll never get stuff from somewhere else.

As far as trying to identify batteries as being "genuine" based on their looks or performance, have you ever seen any Chinese knockoffs of expensive watches? They can reproduce most incredibly intricate watches that cost $5000-$10,000 (or more) to a great degree and sell them for a few hundred bucks. A trained horologist may be able to tell the difference under close examination, but 99.9% of people won't. I'm never under the illusion that all my batteries are 100% genuine. I hope they are, but we just have to live with the fact the believable fakes will always be around.

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@Pav

Thank you for understanding what I am saying. And yes, knockoffs can be pretty close to the real thing. But the prices is not.

Charging top dollar for a knockoff is highway robbery, plain and simple. I grew up around the retail & import business.
I know of what I speak.

@ThinkGeoffrey - You sound like a spoilt child, who knows nothing of business. Misleading the public & over charging for knockoffs is NOT good business practise. And yes, we should all be making everyone aware of anyone doing this.

The newspapers have of late, printed many "beware of knockoffs" articles. Nuff said!

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
e-cig extortion racket

inigo.jpg

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
@XMit

Those are your words NOT mine. None the less.....I hope you are enjoying yourself at my expense. Seeing that your to chicken to make that statement for yourself. lololololol

I have no idea where to post this, but from what I have been seeing during my extensive research for the best prices is that there are a lot of knockoff e-Go C's being sold for very close to the cost of the new Authentic Joyetech ego C kit, which I have found for $79.99 or slightly higher. That goes pretty much for all the eGo models too.

This is outrageous, given that theses kits are made in China and sell anywhere from $10-$25 (or less in some cases) per kit for a minimum order of 10 kits.

Knockoff kits should not be selling for such outrageous profit margins. Case in point, the eGo T, when the atty's, which cost a fortune, barely last several days before they die.

I think it's time for us to unite and expose this knockoff e-cig extortion racket for what it is.
A "Outrageous Price Gouging" of the unsuspecting buyers.

There are many vapers on a very tight budget, who started vapping for health reasons. It's not right that people are being taken advantage of. Perhaps the moderators could start a "Knockoff" sticky, so that we can post the sellers that are "price gouging" with these cheap knockoffs.

It's one thing to want to save money and by a "cheaply priced" knockoff, at least we know what we are getting. It's completely another story when we think we are getting an Authentic Joyetech eGo, pay a higher price for it, only to find that we have a poor quality knockoff in our hands. That is just plain wrong!!! The word "extortion" comes to mind.

After all, sellers have very little overhead compared to retail stores. There is no justification for "price gouging" other than plain greed!

Knockoffs should NOT be selling for top dollar!!! :glare:

What was that you were trying to imply?

Perhaps you should look up the definition of extortion. Specifically the root "extort".

There I said it, can you stop slinging crap and calling names now?

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@XMit

Hahahaha, after I hit the reply button, I told myself, watch him post back with a direct quote from me. Hahahah!

Your missing the point........YOU could just say it for yourself instead of quoting me. I am not saying anything different that millions of vapers are saying themselves. It's even posted in the Canadian forum.

Ecigs are made in China for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR. To charge $100 Plus for them is outrageous!!! Deal with it!

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
@XMit

Hahahaha, after I hit the reply button, I told myself, watch him post back with a direct quote from me. Hahahah!

Your missing the point........YOU could just say it for yourself instead of quoting me. I am not saying anything different that millions of vapers are saying themselves. It's even posted in the Canadian forum.

Ecigs are made in China for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR. To charge $100 Plus for them is outrageous!!! Deal with it!

I already have "dealt with it". I don't buy Chinese disposable batteries.

By your demeanor in this thread, I'm guessing that your a lovely person in the flesh.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you want that rock bottom price feel free to pony up the lot price, the shipping and the possibility of things getting lost in customs. How hard is that?

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have already placed my order direct with a China manufacturer for a fraction of the price & yes they are a Joyetech partner. Not hard to do at all. The customs thing is not a big issue and yes, I am great in person. Texting almost never conveys the actual way a person says things as octaves are missing.
That's why I put the "lolololo" in there. I have a great sense of humour and a very quick wit. Too bad you take things the wrong way. Oh well.......!

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@zidakano

lololol, then they might as well sue the video reviewers that I have been watching of late. Some of them have used those strong words as well to describe the outrageous prices. No one can understand or justify a gadget that costs a couple of dollars to make, selling for $100 PLUS. That is beyond reasonable mark-up.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
@zidakano

lololol, then they might as well sue the video reviewers that I have been watching of late. Some of them have used those strong words as well to describe the outrageous prices. No one can understand or justify a gadget that costs a couple of dollars to make, selling for $100 PLUS. That is beyond reasonable mark-up.

That is their business model. It mirrors thousands of companies that also source goods from China. Dont speak of their margins because you have no idea what their COGS is. If you were as half as knowledgeable as you claim, you would know this.

Vote with your wallet. Shop somewhere else.

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@Toronnah

I believe that I saw your avatar elsewhere on the board. You're a distributor/seller are you not?

I repeat, buying at cost, below $5.00 per unit and then selling said unit for $100.00 Plus is outrageous!
Especially when 99.9% of the sellers do not pay rent for a store/business. They work out of home, and sell online!
Almost nothing for operating expenses. With this type of product, one has to rely on selling volumes of product
to justify a good or great income. If the ecigs were accordingly priced, then they would have attracted many more analogue smokers, who have shied away from buying bcos of the price, in the event that they don't like them.

YES, I am more than 1/2 knowledgeable, that is why I started this thread to point out the "outrageous" costs for ANY of these
ecig gadgets, when they are manufactured in China for LESS THAN TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR and are sold to anyone for approx $5 -$20 per kit, depending on volume of purchase.

I am not going to respond to this thread anymore. I have placed my order with china. I refuse to pay $100. Plus for an ecig who's parts leak or burn out real fast. Costly upkeep - Absolutely ridiculous, any way you want to spin it!

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I am not going to respond to this thread anymore. I have placed my order with china. I refuse to pay $100. Plus for an ecig who's parts leak or burn out real fast. Costly upkeep - Absolutely ridiculous, any way you want to spin it!

I think you may have missed my point. Even though you've placed an order from China from a JT partner, imo you still won't know if what you're getting is "genuine" or not. It's just too easy to knock off something as simple as one of these batteries. I'm sure many suppliers deal with the same issue. I've noticed differences in cartomizers over multiple orders from the same supplier. Just something we have to deal with now.

As for price gouging. Not sure that's happening on a widespread basis. Most prices I see for stuff is pretty much within a general range. The real price hikes to me are at convenience stores/gas stations where they're selling cheap disposable crap for highly inflated prices. Again though, I just don't buy from them.

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
Correct me if I'm wrong I read at one time that it costs like 6 dollars in materials to make an iPhone, and I'm sure they are not paying them folks too much per hour. Are you going to email apple about this?

Actually it's closer to $185, give or take, but keep in mind that they actually sell for $600 (or more). Try buying one without a contract...

I should prolly stay out of it, but in China, what is a knockoff, exactly? They're very likely all made in the same facility to begin with. I dig eGo batteries and atties from time to time, but who made them the gold-standard?

If you want to know for sure, don't buy anything Joyetech.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
I should prolly stay out of it, but in China, what is a knockoff, exactly? They're very likely all made in the same facility to begin with. I dig eGo batteries and atties from time to time, but who made them the gold-standard?

If you want to know for sure, don't buy anything Joyetech.

I've been curious also as I haven't been able to figure out what a knockoff (per se) when looking through items at my local shop. I've opened and inspected boxes containing Eastmall, Joye, and Boge items and the atomizers, cartridges, tanks, etc. are identical and identifiable in construction as Joye. I see differences in batteries, graphics, and some subtleties; but, all I've purchased so far have worked perfectly except for one atomizer being weak. I can't state with certainty my wife didn't kill it by running her tank dry as she's prone to do if I don't watch closely.

I've searched all three contact information pages and the info is different except they're in Shenzen, Guangdong Province, China. My question is this....are they all individual manufacturers who work together in coping with supply line demand; are they affiliates under the same corporate umbrella; or, do they knockoff each other?

My Boge VEC and Joye eGo parts are interchangeable and same goes for my 510 stuff.

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
The problem here is what you see as a "knock-off" is subjective. By your definition, and 'johnny-come-lately' - a company that produces a similar or identical product modeled on the original - should be cheaper. Well, the second company would probably take issue with that subjective assessment of their product; it may even be better quality than the original but because the company is not on every thread or everyone's lips, we assume it is a cheap, second-rate version. Think of Samsung tabs vs. Apple; should the Samsung be cheaper by virtue of its late arrival and close semblance to the first?

There is no concrete proof of late-arriving companies being in any way inferior to the original. Sure, Joyetech has a name to protect and there are certainly shoddier builds from quick-cash vampires, but to think that everyone who isn't Joyetch should be cheaper is not rational. Do your homework before buying but remember that there is always a risk, even from the big names, of getting a dud. Warranties and visibility - how invested the company is in its longevity - are two things one should seek before buying a given product. Now, misrepresentation is a whole other issue.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
@Toronnah

I believe that I saw your avatar elsewhere on the board. You're a distributor/seller are you not?

Then you believe wrong. I am in business, but nothing to do with e-cigs. My only tie to this industry is that of a customer..

I still stand by my statement of reading a book. You keep speaking of the wholesale cost of the item without any thought given to any other cost involved in getting a product to market.

You clearly do not understand basic retailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread