Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I use my K5 on my JAC Series-B DNA75. It's one of the smallest box mods available. The K5 overwhelms it so I want to shorten it up. My two choices are the new Euro K5 or Steam Tuner's nano kit. My best understanding is the new K5 is 10mm shorter and the nano kit is 20mm shorter versus the standard K5. Still have to factor in flavor/performance which is much harder to compare.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I use my K5 on my JAC Series-B DNA75. It's one of the smallest box mods available. The K5 overwhelms it so I want to shorten it up. My two choices are the new Euro K5 or Steam Tuner's nano kit. My best understanding is the new K5 is 10mm shorter and the nano kit is 20mm shorter versus the standard K5. Still have to factor in flavor/performance which is much harder to compare.
That Nano kit has some disadvantages over the KEu5.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
The new Kayfun 5s (Euro Version) has been released on Creme de Vape. It's only 5mm shorter. I saw a picture side by side with the original. The difference in height is the length of the white section of the drip tip. Really not what I was hoping for at all. It baffles me how it can be that size and that similar to the original yet only hold 2mls of juice. Apparently there is another new Kayfun coming in September. Called the Prime. Strictly a mouth to lung tank so I'll hope that's a bit smaller.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The new Kayfun 5s (Euro Version) has been released on Creme de Vape. It's only 5mm shorter. I saw a picture side by side with the original. The difference in height is the length of the white section of the drip tip. Really not what I was hoping for at all. It baffles me how it can be that size and that similar to the original yet only hold 2mls of juice. Apparently there is another new Kayfun coming in September. Called the Prime. Strictly a mouth to lung tank so I'll hope that's a bit smaller.
Here's the link if anyone is interested. I'm not. With it being only 5 - 7 mm shorter it doesn't fit the bill for me. Even the anticipated 10mm was not enough. I guess if I want a stubby K5 I'll have to get the nano and I'm afraid the performance will be compromised. Really disappointed with this release. I agree MK, how do you cut the capacity by more than 50% yet cut the height by a measly 10%. FAIL !! Guess we'll have to see what the Prime is about. Svoemesto has to get with the program. Many people are going to these small box mods. Their behemoths don't look good on them.

Kayfun 5s by SvoeMesto

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I saw a post on another forum from December 2015 talking about the Kayfun Prime. Had a picture too. Looks smaller than the K5. Evidently this has been in the works a long time and shelved for some reason (regs perhaps).

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Here's the link if anyone is interested. I'm not. With it being only 5 - 7 mm shorter it doesn't fit the bill for me. Even the anticipated 10mm was not enough. I guess if I want a stubby K5 I'll have to get the nano and I'm afraid the performance will be compromised. Really disappointed with this release. I agree MK, how do you cut the capacity by more than 50% yet cut the height by a measly 10%. FAIL !! Guess we'll have to see what the Prime is about. Svoemesto has to get with the program. Many people are going to these small box mods. Their behemoths don't look good on them.

Kayfun 5s by SvoeMesto
Very disappointing unfortunately. Just curious Bronze, why you said the nano version would hinder the performance?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Here, I plucked these pix of the Prime off the web.

vOLI8IV.jpg

kayfun-mini-v3-plus-style-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-glass-35ml-24mm-diameter.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I like the look of that. Nice to see a drip tip like that too. Small diameter. Something very unusual in today's world.
It looks like a significantly shorter version of the K5...can tell just by looking at the glass. The chimney looks narrower too...probably to add more juice capacity. Could be what I'm looking for. Based on some measurements I took and a SWAG I'd say that Prime is about 13mm shorter than the K5. Now we're talkin'.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Aiflow control looks different too. Looks like the Mini v3

Do you think this K5 version will be as smooth as quiet as its big brother?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I hope. I like both air systems actually. Don't mind the hidden adjustment on the mini. Set it once and forget it. It's smooth and effective that's all that matters to me.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

Kayfun 5s by SvoeMesto

Totally agree, NO interest here! Thanks for all the info, guess I'll save some $$$.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Very disappointing unfortunately. Just curious Bronze, why you said the nano version would hinder the performance?
That mouthpiece gets very close to the coil. Could be a cooker.

Totally agree, NO interest here! Thanks for all the info, guess I'll save some $$$.
If MK's info is right, that Prime could be interesting.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
That mouthpiece gets very close to the coil. Could be a cooker.

If MK's info is right, that Prime could be interesting.
I prefer a hidden airflow actually. Less moving parts on the outside and keeps the looks cleaner. Since getting the MTL kit for the K5 I have never once changed airflow setting. It's just an extra thing to remove for cleaning that isn't necessary for my usage.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I prefer a hidden airflow actually. Less moving parts on the outside and keeps the looks cleaner. Since getting the MTL kit for the K5 I have never once changed airflow setting. It's just an extra thing to remove for cleaning that isn't necessary for my usage.
Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread