Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yep, forgetting to close the juice control is a good lesson. I'm guessing those three KM3s wont last the day. They are running a 10% sale but it is for eliquid only.
It was a good lesson!

Oh wow, okay.
phil_14.gif
Thanks for the heads up.
(AND, I absolutely LOVE how it looks on the Provari mini.)

Reactions: AstroTurf

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you have the P3 cap on that mini or the bevel?
The bevel. All my minis are bevel.
I just got a V2 with the P3, it came this past week. The Lite+ looks AWESOME on that!!

Why do you ask though?

Would you mind if I sent you a pm?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The bevel. All my minis are bevel.
I just got a V2 with the P3, it came this past week. The Lite+ looks AWESOME on that!!

Why do you ask though?

Would you mind if I sent you a pm?
Just curious. The KM3 looks good on that bevel. I have my P3 in mini mode and it looks good on the P3 cap as well.

My PM is wide open.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just curious. The KM3 looks good on that bevel. I have my P3 in mini mode and it looks good on the P3 cap as well.

My PM is wide open.
I'm not sure I even tried it on the p3, I'll do that.

PM to follow shortly.

Reactions: AstroTurf

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
I'm really not sure what all the chatter is about?

At one dot it is tighter than a Kayfun Mini V3, at two dots equal to, and at three or four dots it is greater than.

Also with the same build as my Kayfun Mini V3, I run the same power.

Wicking is a lil more critical due to the lower deck and the juice flow is improved.

I have not built it with claptons or twisted yet...

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way... I have the same exact build in both K5 and Mini, same power. At the first airflow setting it is a more satisfying vape than the Mini IMO, FULL of flavor and the airflow is sooooo smooth! I'm very happy with airflow setting 1 and 2, 3 and 4 is too much for me with HHV NET juice. Serendipity never tasted so good! I've only tried Triple Threat and Serendipity so far, very impressed! I see a second one in the near future ;)

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Hard to compare to a KM3 when it has variable airflow. When you say tighter than a KM3...at which setting of the KM3?

Granted... I only ever used one so the thought never crossed my mind.

Wide Open.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have filled it a couple of times w/out closing the JC. Just to check. No probs. The trick is to fill it asap and thread-in the topcap imdtly.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread. I was talking about the KM3!
I've forgotten a few times too. Once I got away with it. Not the other times. Probably for the reason you suggest. It doesn't leak right away. I think that wick needs to overstaurate before it starts working its way out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Granted... I only ever used one so the thought never crossed my mind.

Wide Open.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can believe that. I restrict my airflow in the KM3. Can't say exactly where but probably not far from the middle. Not sure how this would stack up against the '1' setting on the K5.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The K5 Phil was using when I met him had it's AFC at the lowest point, tightest setting. I just couldn't use it there ~ it felt too restricted, exactly like the KFLs. I used it in the 3rd and 4th (opener) positions and it was blissful.

I personally feel the pair of KM3 & K5 are the best K'funs ever. If slim is your forte ~ stick with the KM3. If 22mm rocks your boat (no more mine) ~ then there aren't better atties than the K5. The bloody thing is good!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, the KFL airflow (original) is perfectly fine for me so if the K5 can get that low then I'm in.
At the tightest setting it is exactly like the draw of a KFL, imo. Could be a hair here-n-there but I couldn't detect any difference. I'm sure some carto guys will still find it loose but not a KFL guy. Even if it is loose by a hair, so what? A KFL guy can still enjoy it. I did when I picked up other tanks during my one year of [only]KFL vaping, didn't I?

Thus I feel the guys like Phil are unnecessarily throwing tantrums over this wonderful atty. If you're so adamant for a KFL draw then stick with your KFLs itself ~ why look for something else? And if you do ~ then pls welcome the difference and adjust.

There's always something for everyone. Not all folks will like the same stuff. Thus, there are different things for different ppl. There's a choice. Nonetheless, it's always nice to try out something new and adapt to change, if you can. There's happiness in variety.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
If SM doesn't come up with that cheap fix for airflow reduction I'm going to get some precision stainless steel tubing from McMaster Carr and slip a little pipe into that air hole. They have a wide range of tiny precision tubing and I'm pretty sure I can come up with the the right ID and if I have to reduce the wall thickness a little a drill and some fine carbide paper will quickly create the right OD.

My guess is that that's what SM is going to come up with anyway.

Duane
And you can profit off it! Haha. I'd buy it :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Like I said before ~ just roll a piece of SS Mesh and slip it into the base's airhole. You can thus fine tune your K5 to whatever draw you fancy. It's actually no big deal.
I like that approach !

I wonder if I still have some mesh in the vape drawer?

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread