Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I sent my mesh packing with my Genesis a long time ago. :)

I have some #400 and #500 mesh in my vaping drawer, but I decided to wait for SM to offer their fix first. I don't want to pay $119 for tank I'll have to modify myself. There's talk about an insert or even a separate base for MTL people. SM is obviously aware of the problem and is trying to take care of.

I know that they were in a hurry to introduce both the mini v3 and the 5. The mini needed a better insulator for the deck and they are already selling it separately, but the new minis come with the new insulator in place. The 5 needs an MTL adjustment. I can wait. I'm hoping that the next batch of K5s will come with all the necessary AF fixes included.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have some #400 and #500 mesh in my vaping drawer, but I decided to wait for SM to offer their fix first. I don't want to pay $119 for tank I'll have to modify myself. There's talk about an insert or even a separate base for MTL people. SM is obviously aware of the problem and is trying to take care of.

I know that they were in a hurry to introduce both the mini v3 and the 5. The mini needed a better insulator for the deck and they are already selling it separately, but the new minis come with the new insulator in place. The 5 needs an MTL adjustment. I can wait. I'm hoping that the next batch of K5s will come with all the necessary AF fixes included.
I don't know what to think. On one hand, a couple people here say the draw is as tight as the old KFLs. On the other hand others say it is looser than the KFL and SM is feeding into that belief by issuing a "fix" for it.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I dot know what to think. On one hand, a couple people here say the draw is as tight as the old KFLs. On the other hand others say it is looser than the KFL and SM is feeding into that belief by issuing a "fix" for it.

Yeah. All I know is that I love the 2.2 mm airport opening--it's my sweet spot for my style of vaping. I have a few tanks with larger airport holes and I don't believe that reducing external air intake via AFC does much good. The size of that airport hole is critical--again, in my experience. YMMV

My dream Kayfun would be a streamlined/simplified K4 or a larger-capacity K3 mini. I've been waiting so long for it, I can wait a few more weeks. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah. All I know is that I love the 2.2 mm airport opening--it's my sweet spot for my style of vaping. I have a few tanks with larger airport holes and I don't believe that reducing external air intake via AFC does much good. The size of that airport hole is critical--again, in my experience. YMMV

My dream Kayfun would be a streamlined/simplified K4 or a larger-capacity K3 mini. I've been waiting so long for it, I can wait a few more weeks. ;)
It's not like we're dying with our "old" Kayfuns or anything. :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hear me out folks. I have a thought.

We should stop calling the SM airflow add-on/alteration method a "fix".

There's nothing broken about the KF5...it's just that many people prefer a tighter draw.

I really, truly think that SM had pressure to get the new KF5 released in time, with the EU TPD stuff cracking down and the FDA 90-day suffocation date.

SM intentionally designed the KF5 as it is.
I firmly believe they have an alteration/accessory/add-on/part/whatEVER you wanna call it...and it's just being fine tuned.

They planned on it, and put it off to the side, so they could get the main device released to the world.

So, what say you all?
Let's stop calling it a "fix"...yeah?
We LOVE our beloved SM.
We all hope that world governments haven't just created legislation that will make this the last Kayfun, or the last product from the company that single-handedly revolutionized the vaping world.

Let's give them this small bit of love, towards their honor, and call the airflow option something else.

[emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2]

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Hear me out folks. I have a thought.

We should stop calling the SM airflow add-on/alteration method a "fix".

There's nothing broken about the KF5...it's just that many people prefer a tighter draw.

I really, truly think that SM had pressure to get the new KF5 released in time, with the EU TPD stuff cracking down and the FDA 90-day suffocation date.

SM intentionally designed the KF5 as it is.
I firmly believe they have an alteration/accessory/add-on/part/whatEVER you wanna call it...and it's just being fine tuned.

They planned on it, and put it off to the side, so they could get the main device released to the world.

So, what say you all?
Let's stop calling it a "fix"...yeah?
We LOVE our beloved SM.
We all hope that world governments haven't just created legislation that will make this the last Kayfun, or the last product from the company that single-handedly revolutionized the vaping world.

Let's give them this small bit of love, towards their honor, and call the airflow option something else.

[emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2][emoji41][emoji2]
Too Wordy to Read...

Condensed Version Please!!!

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
The 5 needs an MTL adjustment. I can wait. I'm hoping that the next batch of K5s will come with all the necessary AF fixes included.

I'm waiting on this too. In the meantime I am eyeing a KFL Five Pawns Edition. Anyone ever used one? I like that it looks less complicated than the regular KFL+.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I think they have the same decks, but the Five Pawns looks less complicated to me...tried googling but I can't find a comparison between it and the regular KFL+

DdeiuL7.png

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I'm waiting on this too. In the meantime I am eyeing a KFL Five Pawns Edition. Anyone ever used one? I like that it looks less complicated than the regular KFL+.

5 pawns edition is the same as KFL+ when using only a plastic tank section. The only real difference is the mouth piece.

Reactions: AstroTurf

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Can we call it a solution? :D

SvoëMesto | Kayfun 5 – a message to “mouth to lung” vapers

"For those, who prefer a tighter draw than the Kayfun 5 offers by default,
we’re already on an inexpensive solution, that can be added effortless to the Kayfun 5 and will give you the experience, you desire."

That's the spirit!!!!

"Solution" can be synonymous with "fix", but if it's from SM's own words... [emoji6]

I was just trying to move us away from the "something is broken/wrong with the KF5" mindset.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's the spirit!!!!

"Solution" can be synonymous with "fix", but if it's from SM's own words... [emoji6]

I was just trying to move us away from the "something is broken/wrong with the KF5" mindset.
I would refer to it as an Option.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi Bronze, I noticed that HHV is now out of the KM3s. Any idea if they'll be restocking any time soon with the K5 being the latest thing? Thanks!!
Bill
Bricca, I don't work for HHV so I don't want you to take anything I say to the bank. Adam (HHV) announced more than a week ago that he has his first allotment of K5's in transit. He was expecting them to be in his store by now. However, that has not materialized as of yet. To date, he has placed two orders for KM3's and both orders have sold out. I do not know if he has another order in the pipeline. Hopefully, he will drop by and update us. Perhaps I will encourage him to do do. As for restocking more KM3's, I think it is probably safe to say he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread