Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Like I said before ~ just roll a piece of SS Mesh and slip it into the base's airhole. You can thus fine tune your K5 to whatever draw you fancy. It's actually no big deal.
Problem is that it's not just the amount of air, but the size of the air bore below the coil. Affects flavor and throat hit, just like the Hurricane with the big Air hole below the coil, but can close off air on the outside waaaay tighter than I would ever even need.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
@qorax
I just rolled ss mesh and put in the air hole of kayfun and now air is great [emoji4]

74bcbe866b646e683fd79aec365460e3.jpg
OK - I stand corrected.

@qorax - maybe you were right. I was picturing the mesh at the bottom of that pin. And didn't realize that it might be able to get me my smaller bore at the top there. Might even be able to craft something else up myself up there now that I thought be about it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nothing in mind just yet.. Mesh may be it!

I like where this is going.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
OK - I stand corrected.
@qorax - maybe you were right. I was picturing the mesh at the bottom of that pin. And didn't realize that it might be able to get me my smaller bore at the top there. Might even be able to craft something else up myself up there now that I thought be about it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nothing in mind just yet.. Mesh may be it! I like where this is going.
Yep, it is going the right direction.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
In leu of making a well informed post, I'll have hurry to put my two cents in here otherwise I'll never get my KF2.1 or KFLv4 cleaned and filled tonight.

My :2c:. From the few posts I read here, sounds like the KFLv5 is an airy tank compared to KFMv3, KFv4 and KFv2.1. I like the tighter draw too, the restriction replicates drawing off a tightly packed cig or pipe. Isn't there any way to block off part of the airflow intake? I'm happy with the tanks I have so it's gonna be a while before I pull the trigger for the KFv5. By then hopefully they have all the bugs worked out. ;)

Reactions: Mike Geaney

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
In leu of making a well informed post, I'll have hurry to put my two cents in here otherwise I'll never get my KF2.1 or KFLv4 cleaned and filled tonight.

My :2c:. From the few posts I read here, sounds like the KFLv5 is an airy tank compared to KFMv3, KFv4 and KFv2.1. I like the tighter draw too, the restriction replicates drawing off a tightly packed cig or pipe. Isn't there any way to block off part of the airflow intake? I'm happy with the tanks I have so it's gonna be a while before I pull the trigger for the KFv5. By then hopefully they have all the bugs worked out. ;)

Yes, Simply twist the airflow control ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
In stock for $113.36 USD with express DHL shipping from MTMStore. You will have to register first, then contact them asking them to place you in the Non-VAT group. You will then see the reduced price. Final payment is transfer to Croatian currency. $113.36 - check my CC for pending charges and that's the number.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
In stock for $113.36 USD with express DHL shipping from MTMStore. You will have to register first, then contact them asking them to place you in the Non-VAT group. You will then see the reduced price. Final payment is transfer to Croatian currency. $113.36 - check my CC for pending charges and that's the number.
NOT! My Bad- somehow got a Mini V3 in my cart instead of the 5. Trying to get it canceled. Looks like the 5 with express DHL would be about $134.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Steam Tuners Tower Tank arrived yesterday!
It needs to be used in conjunction with their Top Nut Mini (this item allows use of original/any 510 drip tip), or any of the threaded drip tips they created for the KF4.
It retains top fill, is a very thick/sturdy material, and has flat "sides" milled vertically. This MAJORLY increases the ease of turning the juice control.
41f7427e75f038c0635343f55ffe44bb.jpg

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC

NOT! My Bad- somehow got a Mini V3 in my cart instead of the 5. Trying to get it canceled. Looks like the 5 with express DHL would be about $134.

Got it canceled and reordered. $108.87 with air mail. Should have it in a month :( but you can't beat the price! :thumb:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I don't know what to think. On one hand, a couple people here say the draw is as tight as the old KFLs. On the other hand others say it is looser than the KFL and SM is feeding into that belief by issuing a "fix" for it.

Remove the drip tip from both a KFL+ and a K5, set the KFL+ air screw flush with the base, and the K5 AFC to the first setting, then compare.

The draw is about the same.

So, a really open KFL+ is equal to a really tight K5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread