Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufaiq

Aug 6, 2015
Try taking it apart, cleaning and put it together again. May help.

I've taken your advice, what I've done so far is lossen the plunger type screw and tighten the 510. Looks stable and the reading is consistent on both the DNA200 and the SX350J. I'm hoping it goes well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Bronze, did I read correctly earlier in this thread, that you vape around 1.4 at 10watts? Your battery life must be amazing. I rarely go over 12watts but 10 must be superb for battery life.
I suppose, I'm another light weight. I usually vape around 1.5 ohm @ 10 - 12 Watt.

And I haven't used 18650 mode in years. Feels like I'm hauling around a Mag lite.
I'm just the opposite, I run my P2.5s in 18650 most the time and occasionally 18490. Don't have a P3 yet, might not ever get one. Tired of trying to keep up with the Jones' - stopped buying stuff after the KF3 mini.

And not a box mod in sight?
Unlike Bronze, I do have a couple box mods - a ZNA clone and a Kanger Kbox mini.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have installed the middle 'fix' for the airflow situation on the K5. It is much better and when I get a minute tomorrow, I will be trying the smallest one and see if I like that one better.

As it stands now, I can absolutely live with the middle one. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have installed the middle 'fix' for the airflow situation on the K5. It is much better and when I get a minute tomorrow, I will be trying the smallest one and see if I like that one better.

As it stands now, I can absolutely live with the middle one. :)
Don't forget to adjust your airflow setting on the K5 too. Try it at all four points.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Don't forget to adjust your airflow setting on the K5 too. Try it at all four points.

It is always set at the most restrictive air flow. ;) I'm a lot like you in that regard :D

That kit sorted that atty out for me. I'm still looking for a more narrow, and short, drip tip for it however.

Can't help you there, I always swap out the drip tips with the ones that I still have for the Vivi Nova :lol: In some ways, I'm a 'Can't teach an old dog new tricks' kind of person. :lol:

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Guys. Got the v5 working. Finally. Bit tight but getting use to it. Lubing the o rings a lot. Amazing how much gunk came out when I bathed this tank. Did a fused Clapton 3mm. Super tight but got it in.

Update. So left the tank overnight. Did not leak which a good thing. More surprisingly the flavour is still good enough. Being a fresh wick addict...very nice. As its single coil the juice lasting longer as well. Not used single cool in an age.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So I've been MIA from this forum for awhile and there's only 1 reason for that:

My KF5 is working **flawlessly** and wonderfully with the MTL kit.

Just absolutely perfect. I'm still holding out for Steam Tuners to make a straight poly replacement for the Glass, and if they don't, I'll measure and make my own soon.. Haha. It already survived one drop, but I'm pushing it expecting not to drop it again!

I already have an unopened KF5 and extra MTL kit, but I'm considering a third KF5 due to these regulations, and especially those in Pennsylvania - my home state.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I can't get this damn thing to stop having a bunch of e-liquid on the bottom of the atty and all up in my 510.

I am having the same issue - although I did as someone suggested (sorry, I can't remember who, but it was earlier in this thread) and took it completely apart, cleaned it and put it back together - making sure everything was tight. It appears to be leaking more slowly now, but is definitely leaking from the bottom around the AFC (and it is definitely e-liquid). The flavor is great, but the leaking is very frustrating! Just cleaned it (again) - next time I'll snap a picture.

ETA: It was magicmyst - and it did help, but still leaks some.

i have conquered all leaks on my kayfun 5 even with going trigger happy on the AFC.

If you are getting leaks from the base, do yourself a favor and replace the AFC o-ring. For some reason the stock one that came installed just was not doing its job, neither was the juice control o-rings on my unit.

I used plain VG to lubricate all my o-rings. However, I went the extra mile and took out every o-ring from my kayfun 5 and dipped each o-ring into VG, then put them back on. To prevent any wear and tear to the o-rings and to just add good functionality to the tank, I think this is a good precautionary step. The stock AFC o-ring on my unit was chewed up pretty bad.

Its been an entire day and I have had zero leaks from the base, even when going crazy with the AFC switching it around.
After experiencing continued seeping/leaking/weeping (whatever you want to call it) from the base, I decided to replace the AFC o-ring and the smaller o-ring at the bottom hex nut since others have posted success with this. Result: Zero seeping/leaking/weeping from the base for 5 days now.
  • Took deck apart, cleaned and dried
  • Removed 2 original o-rings
  • Dipped 2 replacement o-rings (from included spares) in olive oil
  • Installed replacement o-rings
  • reassembled, tightened hex nut and center pin
  • Eureka!
I have no idea why this works- why would the spare o-rings be different than the installed originals? But thus far (5 days) this fix works!

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
ahhhh just hit the button on the Kayfun 5, @qorax video sold me. Cant really afford another new atty, but what the heck, you only live once LOL bought the Forty Four drip tip cap that fits the new 5 drip tip too

I bought the reducers and spare glass as well :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
ahhhh just hit the button on the Kayfun 5, @qorax video sold me. Cant really afford another new atty, but what the heck, you only live once LOL bought the Forty Four drip tip cap that fits the new 5 drip tip too

I bought the reducers and spare glass as well :D
The reducers are mandatory if you like a tighter draw.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
V5 Nano Kit?!?

461044c88a7040cb405cb76644b5931c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread