Jan 19, 2010
New York
Reactions: AstroTurf

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Tried it at 1ohm with 14 watts. But my usual 12mg nic was WAY too strong. Stomach pains followed. And so did a 'back to normal' 1.4/1.5ohm coil on the P3. Perfect. Lower resistance is not me. Feels like I'm getting force fed. There's something much more relaxing about a slightly higher resistance I think.
I didn't have problem with 1 ohm, but didn't care for sub-ohm like .8 or .7 ohm. My usual build is around 1.5 ohm as well. ;)

Valkyrie_kara

Dec 28, 2013
Valhalla
How do you get the K5 to leak in the first place pls?
well, if your wicks set on the deck even a very small amount, or press against the deck from swelling, leaking will occur...
giving your wicks proud shoulders and using the noted technique to ensure your wicking enters the well straight down with no laying over onto the deck alleviates any issues...i also find that thinning the wick that enters that chamber also alleviates any swelling of the wick and seepage onto the deck from too much wicking...
it does work

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
well, if your wicks set on the deck even a very small amount, or press against the deck from swelling, leaking will occur...
giving your wicks proud shoulders and using the noted technique to ensure your wicking enters the well straight down with no laying over onto the deck alleviates any issues...i also find that thinning the wick that enters that chamber also alleviates any swelling of the wick and seepage onto the deck from too much wicking...
it does work
My problem is ~ I tried. I have tried wick placement in many ways. Different wicking materials as well. I just cannot make the K5 leak :(

Reactions: AstroTurf

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
What I'm thinking is the coil is too close to the air hole. The juice goes from the wick, to the coil, then links to the air hole and out.
Yes, the only way to leak it is to flood it. That is, pump enough liquid into the chamber that it runs down the base's central air channel and out the AFC holes. But the K5 is so designed that it is impossible to flood it (during 'normal' operation/s) unless you're using it 'without' a wick.

And that situation could be replicated with a feeble wick. Which is to say, the cotton or rayon is so measly that it swells up beyond its 'holding' stage/capability (and all the while the atty remaining unused, meaning no draws or atomization) and thus continued liquid build-up inside the chamber starts to trickle down the base's central air channel. Or starts dropping from the coil into the airhole below, like you suggested.

Another way to flood it is to have prolonged use of the same wick. Which will make the coil & wick so gunked up that it is atomizing poorly. That is, there will be more liquid than it can be vaporated. So you'll have excessive liquid build-up in the chamber. And like said before, it starts to drop down thru the central air channel.

In any case, if you are 'using' the K5 'normally'. That is, you are vaping it, have a modest amount of wicking material inside the coil, the JC is not unusually open - and you know what airflow & JC you need for your juice viscosity and type of draw ~ it will not flood. At least I could not make it to flood. Thus couldn't make it leak. Ever. And tons of K5 users around the globe (over many forums) couldn't either.

With a counterfeit and/or someone new to rebuilding - it could be another case. And same was the story in our erstwhile KFL thread.

Conclusion: The K5 does not leak, if you know what you're doing.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
My problem is ~ I tried. I have tried wick placement in many ways. Different wicking materials as well. I just cannot make the K5 leak :(
Same here... In 2 months of service, mine has yet to leak. I've let it sit with partial tanks for a few days where temps have exceeded 85 deg (f) in my apartment and not a drip. I took it to work a few times where it's sat in my vehicle in 95 degree weather, nothing...

Mine just refuses to leak, must be a dud....

ufaiq

Aug 6, 2015
Since we are on the issue of leaking, before I had the MTL kit I didn't face any issues. But after using the MTL kit mine leaked quite significantly.

After using the method shared by angah83 it is now leak free again. Thanks for the insight and I hope this piece of information helps other users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread