Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Some might call this a "well saturated" vape, and consider it a good thing. I get this from time to time from my K5, and it's startling to get such a moist burst of flavor, but I know what it's like to get actual e-liquid in my mouth, and this is not that- just an unusually moist vape.
I consider it over saturated. Matter of personal preference. I own all the Kayfuns from the Lite Plus on up. This 5 is my least favorite.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I consider it over saturated. Matter of personal preference. I own all the Kayfuns from the Lite Plus on up. This 5 is my least favorite.
Strange. Does it happen with every draw? Do you have other K5s that are doing this? I've got 2 K5s in use, and I only get the super saturated hit every once in a while. It did take me quite a while to arrive at a coil/wick build that I like, but these 2 K5s are my favorites- generally like the vape better than my KMV3. The only issues I've had with both 5s has been the seeping from the base, which was corrected in both of them by replacing the 2 lowest o-rings.

Reactions: AstroTurf

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I remember when the V3 first came out and everyone was saying how fool proof it was, that you can throw any build in it and it's a great vape. I took some flack for calling BS on that because that was not my experience with the 3 or the 5. It took me quite a while to come up with a build that matched or exceeded the flavor I got from my former KFL+. But it was worth it. The flavor I get now is excellent, better than I ever got from the KFL+.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I'm about totally ready to give up on KF5. It's better for me using the new 6ml steel tank section, but I still have the same sporadic "weep" issues around the AFC ring, especially after going outside into the heat and back to the AC.
Flavor is superb, and building on the thing is super easy...I just hate having to wipe the juice off the bottom! Never had to do that with KF4.

Eugene lim

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2015
I'm about totally ready to give up on KF5. It's better for me using the new 6ml steel tank section, but I still have the same sporadic "weep" issues around the AFC ring, especially after going outside into the heat and back to the AC.
Flavor is superb, and building on the thing is super easy...I just hate having to wipe the juice off the bottom! Never had to do that with KF4.
I'm facing the same problem [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
No leaking issues here.

Just muted flavor, and a dislike of how very large this tank is.

I'm not giving up yet.

I trust SM, and will keep trying builds to find the bliss so many are experiencing.

Same here (minus I don't care about the size).

R

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Same here (minus I don't care about the size).

R
I previously mentioned some success with a Clapton wire I purchased from Lightning Vapes.

It's 36g Kanthal, wrapped around a single core of 28g Kanthal.
It's been the only successful build I've achieved on this atomizer, with or without the airflow reducers.

Reactions: raitizz

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I previously mentioned some success with a Clapton wire I purchased from Lightning Vapes.

It's 36g Kanthal, wrapped around a single core of 28g Kanthal.
It's been the only successful build I've achieved on this atomizer, with or without the airflow reducers.

Yeah, but I somehow feel, that a Kayfun should deliver with a simple micro.

R

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, but I somehow feel, that a Kayfun should deliver with a simple micro.

R
Very much agree.

I know many are reporting success and vaping bliss with this device, using their normal build...and it is the exact opposite with me, and I cannot figure out why this device fails to produce the same experience I've had with all other SM atomizers.
Not giving up though! I bought two of these things, in case I liked it...so I've gotta make them pull their weight, or just sell them...which will be an odd feeling, as I've never re-sold an SM product.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Very much agree.

I know many are reporting success and vaping bliss with this device, using their normal build...and it is the exact opposite with me, and I cannot figure out why this device fails to produce the same experience I've had with all other SM atomizers.
Not giving up though! I bought two of these things, in case I liked it...so I've gotta make them pull their weight, or just sell them...which will be an odd feeling, as I've never re-sold an SM product.

Couldn't agree more.

R

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
@KY_Rob from my experience make sure the airflow ring is seated and also maybe less wick. These two things helped me.

Thanks Mike. I've tried both things you mentioned previously, without change. I did get suitable performance for one build, using basically whisker sized wick tails, but my bonsai skills aren't up to that sort of task on a regular basis :D
I think my biggest issue is the liquid. I vape basically the same stuff all the time (and have for years now). It's a bit on the thin side...I'd say 60/40 pg/vg, but the ratio isn't published.
This sort of leaking seems to be a very common issue for me using tanks that have slotted air inlet's. The only 2 RTA's I've ever used that I found reliable (i.e. Not leaky), was the original SQuape, and most recently KF4 for the last year or so.
I've been told by others, that the dampness/leaky stuff I experience is "normal" and not to worry about it...but that's not acceptable to me.
At any rate, that's my story with KF5. I've got 3 of the things, 1 I haven't even opened yet. Looks like they'll be going to the classies in the not too distant future.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Thanks Mike. I've tried both things you mentioned previously, without change. I did get suitable performance for one build, using basically whisker sized wick tails, but my bonsai skills aren't up to that sort of task on a regular basis :D
I think my biggest issue is the liquid. I vape basically the same stuff all the time (and have for years now). It's a bit on the thin side...I'd say 60/40 pg/vg, but the ratio isn't published.
This sort of leaking seems to be a very common issue for me using tanks that have slotted air inlet's. The only 2 RTA's I've ever used that I found reliable (i.e. Not leaky), was the original SQuape, and most recently KF4 for the last year or so.
I've been told by others, that the dampness/leaky stuff I experience is "normal" and not to worry about it...but that's not acceptable to me.
At any rate, that's my story with KF5. I've got 3 of the things, 1 I haven't even opened yet. Looks like they'll be going to the classies in the not too distant future.
What are the exact specs for your builds?

Have you disassemble and reassembled the unit?

What powers are you running it at?

Wick material and size?

Pix would help.

Thanks, Jim

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
What are the exact specs for your builds?

Have you disassemble and reassembled the unit?

What powers are you running it at?

Wick material and size?

Pix would help.

Thanks, Jim

The desire to assist is appreciated. I tore down the build, and have cleaned and stored the KF5 already, so I can't get pics.
As far as coil & wick, I've been using 28awg SS316L and rayon for some time now, in TC mode, at 30w/450°F, spaced coils. These settings work best for me with this liquid.
I've tried coil ID's from 1.5mm to 3mm, really dense wick, really light wick, and lots of variations in between. I've paid special attention to wick tail density and length, as well as just packed it full. As I stated before, I had the best luck with really thin wick tails that just tickle the deck, but it was such a pain for me to deal with, it's a non-starter. I've tried pretty much the full gambit of things.
I learned a hard lesson about filling level early on with KF5, as in if it's overfilled, it will flat out purge liquid not just weep. That ticked me off, but I got by that.
I really do believe it's a liquid issue. I had really good luck vaping a high VG liquid, but that's just not something I can do even most of the time (unlike most folks). I'm a strange vaper. I accepted that a long time ago :D
What's really important to me is being able to reliably build an atty every week or two, fill it once per day, and just vape it. Regularly having to deal with leaks, or tinkering with coils, worrying about whether or not a moderate change in temperature/humidity is going to cause an issue, having to constantly open & close JFC to make sure leaks don't happen...not enough time in my day to deal with that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread