Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Thank you guys. Already tried that coil and worked fine, but since I'm still a newcomer (at least I still consider being one) I've been trying another setups, just for the fun of it.

BTW, has anyone tried a vertical coil with the kayfun 5? I saw one of these at Youtube and wondered if it would work on this atty.

Building fever...

Reactions: AstroTurf

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So, i got to page 56 and then i decided to post a comment.

I'm still using my Kayfun V4, and i totally love it.

I'm not in any hurry to get the next model. Though i will be buying a Kayfun V5 i am not the type to sit and wait with bated breath for the manufacturers to release their new product so i can be one of the first people to have one. Neither am i going to complain when it arrives that the airflow isn't tight enough, even though the manufacturers desciption "specifically" pointed out that this new Kayfun V5 is fundamentally designed for direct lung use. And while i'm not complaining about that i may as well not complain about the fact that svoemesto didn't "immediately" release the airflow kit to please those who ignored that the V5 was directed at a totally different demographic.

So anyone like to give me some advice.

I'd like to buy an RTA for mouth to lung vaping. I've read and understood the description of the Kayfun V5 and understand which demographic it is aimed at.

Should i just buy one anyway and then constantly complain that it's too airy ?.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia

I'm not in any hurry to get the next model. Though i will be buying a Kayfun V5 i am not the type to sit and wait with bated breath for the manufacturers to release their new product so i can be one of the first people to have one. Neither am i going to complain when it arrives that the airflow isn't tight enough, even though the manufacturers desciption "specifically" pointed out that this new Kayfun V5 is fundamentally designed for direct lung use. And while i'm not complaining about that i may as well not complain about the fact that Svoemesto didn't "immediately" release the airflow kit to please those who ignored that the V5 was directed at a totally different demographic.

I'd like to buy an RTA for mouth to lung vaping. I've read and understood the description of the Kayfun V5 and understand which demographic it is aimed at.

So you're not the complainin' type :D Just get it, with the MTL kit, find your sweetspot and enjoy.

R

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016

I'm not in any hurry to get the next model. Though i will be buying a Kayfun V5 i am not the type to sit and wait with bated breath for the manufacturers to release their new product so i can be one of the first people to have one. Neither am i going to complain when it arrives that the airflow isn't tight enough, even though the manufacturers desciption "specifically" pointed out that this new Kayfun V5 is fundamentally designed for direct lung use. And while i'm not complaining about that i may as well not complain about the fact that Svoemesto didn't "immediately" release the airflow kit to please those who ignored that the V5 was directed at a totally different demographic.

evan le'garde,

At the beginning I thought that the K5 was to airy for me, actually I wrote a few posts ago that I was going to keep using the Kayfun Mini v3 until I got the MTL kit, BUT decided to give it another try and actually I've been vaping with the K5 and feel very comfortable with it at the lowest setting. Maybe it has to do with the wicking or something else but the K5 is working fine and I'm getting very good flavour.

My only concern is that the last few days, after vaping all-day (I use my Radius with the K5 a lot) I have been getting different resistance reads (.1 to .3 differences) so it reads 1.5 and after a minute it reads 1.8 or 1.6. I've checked the screws and are ok so my belief is that maybe is some liquid in the 510 screw area (between the base and the tank) so I will clean the tank and see if it works better.

I hope to solve the different resistance readings because it really bothers me, but apart from that I'm very, very happy with the K5, actually I've just received my second one just for the Vapocalipse stockpiling.

Regards,

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
evan le'garde,

At the beginning I thought that the K5 was to airy for me, actually I wrote a few posts ago that I was going to keep using the Kayfun Mini v3 until I got the MTL kit, BUT decided to give it another try and actually I've been vaping with the K5 and feel very comfortable with it at the lowest setting. Maybe it has to do with the wicking or something else but the K5 is working fine and I'm getting very good flavour.

My only concern is that the last few days, after vaping all-day (I use my Radius with the K5 a lot) I have been getting different resistance reads (.1 to .3 differences) so it reads 1.5 and after a minute it reads 1.8 or 1.6. I've checked the screws and are ok so my belief is that maybe is some liquid in the 510 screw area (between the base and the tank) so I will clean the tank and see if it works better.

I hope to solve the different resistance readings because it really bothers me, but apart from that I'm very, very happy with the K5, actually I've just received my second one just for the Vapocalipse stockpiling.

Regards,

Bottom 510 pin has to be SUPER tight.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Note from SvoeMesto:

Kayfun 5 – a message to “mouth to lung” vapers …or traditional vapers, I should say.

"What we have observed
Since the Kayfun 4 was released, we have observed that around 50% of all Kayfun 4 customers have bought a 4S Kit, willing to sacrifice adjustability to increase the airflow. Furthermore, we still received feedback that many vapers were still missing a little bit more airflow.

Intention
The Kayfun 5 is by no means a “subohm tank” only. Our core focus has always remained on flavor and usability. It can be used as mouth to lung device and, thanks to being adjustable in air- and liquid flow, it can be used with a variety of setups. It was not our intention to build a cloud chasing device, but we recognize the fact, that there are vapers at any stage, from beginner to enthusiast, who simply prefer direct lung inhaling and who’ve been neglected by us in the past.

Kayfuns have always been modular and customizable
As with most things, the truth usually lays somewhere in the middle. Therefore, most of todays vapers like a setup somewhere in the middle.
We’re confident that, for the vast majority, the Kayfun 5 will have an airflow setting you will enjoy.

For those who prefer a tighter draw than the Kayfun 5 offers by default
We’re already working on an inexpensive solution that can be added effortlessly to the Kayfun 5 and will give you the experience you desire."

It's true there is a "suggestion" in that description, highlighted in red, and more like a digression, that it can be used as a mouth to lung device.

I'm pretty confident, from my interpretation of the this message, that the kayfun V5 was designed with direct lung vaping in mind. It is quite clear this is a direct lung vapour device. Also made clear in the final paragraph is a message to mouth to lung users where they almost shoot themselves in the foot.

I'd say 95% of the description says direct lung. It is very cleverly written though. The hook for mouth to lung vapers is subtle but still provides hope for those who still want this device to be able to provide a mouth to lung experience.

Die hard Svoemesto Kayfun fans will ultimately buy this device regardless of what the description tells them. The description would have played no part in the decision to buy one. Though the description is a teeny weeny bit misleading i think it is intended to keep the mouth to lung crowd in the loop.

It is interesting understanding the thought that went into the design from beginning to end. And proves that the guys and gals down at Svoemesto don't just sit around twiddling their thumbs.

Essentially, Svoemesto have been quite thoughtful in bearing in mind the mouth to lung demographic by providing the airflow reducer set because they didn't have to do that. Where would mouth to lung V5 owners be if this solution wasn't available ?.

10/10 Svoemesto.

Great sales pitch. Great hardware.

If i were waiting for the release of this device my expectations would be high. Any kind of disappointment after receiving it would all be down to the facts that 1) I's fundamentally a direct lung device. 2) I should have bought one when the "solution" had been made available (as was explained).

So it does all come down to jumping on this thing the moment it left the factory. This device was released as a direct lung vaping device. If it wasn't then it would have satisfied the mouth to lung demongraphic right away. The complaints from the mouth to lung crowd are exactly what Svoemesto were anticipating.

Props to Bronze for this thread though. If it wasn't for this thread then i'd have interpreted the description of the Kayfun V5 in the same way everyone else did.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Note from SvoeMesto:

Kayfun 5 – a message to “mouth to lung” vapers …or traditional vapers, I should say.

"What we have observed
Since the Kayfun 4 was released, we have observed that around 50% of all Kayfun 4 customers have bought a 4S Kit, willing to sacrifice adjustability to increase the airflow. Furthermore, we still received feedback that many vapers were still missing a little bit more airflow.

Intention
The Kayfun 5 is by no means a “subohm tank” only. Our core focus has always remained on flavor and usability. It can be used as mouth to lung device and, thanks to being adjustable in air- and liquid flow, it can be used with a variety of setups. It was not our intention to build a cloud chasing device, but we recognize the fact, that there are vapers at any stage, from beginner to enthusiast, who simply prefer direct lung inhaling and who’ve been neglected by us in the past.

Kayfuns have always been modular and customizable
As with most things, the truth usually lays somewhere in the middle. Therefore, most of todays vapers like a setup somewhere in the middle.
We’re confident that, for the vast majority, the Kayfun 5 will have an airflow setting you will enjoy.

For those who prefer a tighter draw than the Kayfun 5 offers by default
We’re already working on an inexpensive solution that can be added effortlessly to the Kayfun 5 and will give you the experience you desire."

It's true there is a "suggestion" in that description, highlighted in red, and more like a digression, that it can be used as a mouth to lung device.

I'm pretty confident, from my interpretation of the this message, that the kayfun V5 was designed with direct lung vaping in mind. It is quite clear this is a direct lung vapour device. Also made clear in the final paragraph is a message to mouth to lung users where they almost shoot themselves in the foot.

I'd say 95% of the description says direct lung. It is very cleverly written though. The hook for mouth to lung vapers is subtle but still provides hope for those who still want this device to be able to provide a mouth to lung experience.

Die hard Svoemesto Kayfun fans will ultimately buy this device regardless of what the description tells them. The description would have played no part in the decision to buy one. Though the description is a teeny weeny bit misleading i think it is intended to keep the mouth to lung crowd in the loop.

It is interesting understanding the thought that went into the design from beginning to end. And proves that the guys and gals down at Svoemesto don't just sit around twiddling their thumbs.

Essentially, Svoemesto have been quite thoughtful in bearing in mind the mouth to lung demographic by providing the airflow reducer set because they didn't have to do that. Where would mouth to lung V5 owners be if this solution wasn't available ?.

10/10 Svoemesto.

Great sales pitch. Great hardware.

If i were waiting for the release of this device my expectations would be high. Any kind of disappointment after receiving it would all be down to the facts that 1) I's fundamentally a direct lung device. 2) I should have bought one when the "solution" had been made available (as was explained).

So it does all come down to jumping on this thing the moment it left the factory. This device was released as a direct lung vaping device. If it wasn't then it would have satisfied the mouth to lung demongraphic right away. The complaints from the mouth to lung crowd are exactly what Svoemesto were anticipating.

Props to Bronze for this thread though. If it wasn't for this thread then i'd have interpreted the description of the Kayfun V5 in the same way everyone else did.
The problem was with the advertising of the K5. Here is how the airflow was advertised...

"The airflow control was mounted externally and allows to choose between four different positions. 1.8mm corresponds to Kayfun Lite Plus, 2.2mm to the Kayfun 4, 2.7mm to the Kayfun 4 with verbautem 4S kit - 3.2mm is the maximum passage. This allows loud SvoeMesto twice as much airflow as with all previous Kayfun models."

Many interpreted this as being able to adjust the airflow to be the same as the KFL. Turned out the K5 could not come close to the KFL without the M2L kit. That said, once the M2L kit was installed not only did it replicate the KFL airflow it also was the smoothest airflow I have ever encountered in any atty. I continue to cherish my K5. Fantastic atomizer.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
"The airflow control was mounted externally and allows to choose between four different positions. 1.8mm corresponds to Kayfun Lite Plus, 2.2mm to the Kayfun 4, 2.7mm to the Kayfun 4 with verbautem 4S kit - 3.2mm is the maximum passage. This allows loud SvoeMesto twice as much airflow as with all previous Kayfun models."

After reading through a hell of a lot of posts within this thread trying to find what those who would buy one thought, and obviously i had read the Svoemesto pitch also, did i come to the realisation that these references above, particularly the V4 reference (because i have one), meant that the V5's tightest airflow setting is only similar to the V4's when the V4's airflow was completely open.

Would that be accurate ?.

I mean when i use my V4, and much like most other V4 users i'd assume, the airflow is closed quite considerably, and there can be a lot of variables. Having adjustable airflow means that a written comparison by Svoemesto would have to be a little more detailed to fully illustrate what they mean. Svoemesto's comparison is a little vague to say the least.

So again thanks to all the posts in this thread, i believe i have got a handle on things now.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After reading through a hell of a lot of posts within this thread trying to find what those who would buy one thought, and obviously i had read the Svoemesto pitch also, did i come to the realisation that these references above, particularly the V4 reference (because i have one), meant that the V5's tightest airflow setting is only similar to the V4's when the V4's airflow was completely open.

Would that be accurate ?.

I mean when i use my V4, and much like most other V4 users i'd assume, the airflow is closed quite considerably, and there can be a lot of variables. Having adjustable airflow means that a written comparison by Svoemesto would have to be a little more detailed to fully illustrate what they mean. Svoemesto's comparison is a little vague to say the least.

So again thanks to all the posts in this thread, i believe i have got a handle on things now.
I couldn't honestly tell you. I never went for a V4. I didn't see where the V4 advantages over the KFL was worth $180 (which was the price at the time). And rotating two attys at a time that would have cost me $360. I just never saw the advantage and never did get a K4. I made my KFLs last until the KM3 was released. What a great little tank that is. And then the K5 is just a larger version of the KM3.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I've owned a few of every Kayfun since the very first one. It was kinda the clearo RTA that could! I liked the Kayfun Lite+ when it came out, but honestly I don't yearn for that sucking on a Boge carto or Vivi Nova experience... it wasn't so awesome that I want to go back there forever. I have 3 Kayfun 4s and installed the S kit into all of them.

SvoёMesto KAYFUN 4

I liked the Kayfun 4 because I was still in a ProVari phase when it dropped and it had the P3 base, and it vaped great! What made me like it a lot less as time went by was the juice flow control, which always, always, always jammed up for me after a while, on all 3 attys, and yes I lubed it, but no matter what I did with it, it still seemed to get stuck. I rate the 5 as a huge improvement and have had 0 problems with anything on it.

I don't go super high wattage and low Ω that often, I'm usually idled out @ roughly 8-30watts, my coils are .8Ω - around 1.6Ω, so I guess I enjoy tootle-puffing but doing restricted lung hits? IDK what that even means, except I usually run the Kayfun 5 wide open on 4 dots and use temp control, but putting it into watts, lessee... I'm at 14 watts right at this moment on a .8Ω coil, and I'm very happy with it!

I didn't really read too much of their PR, so I guess if they publicly stated one thing, and then the actual product did something else prior to installing the MTL kits, I'd be upset too ... I just purchased the next Kayfun, 'cuz it was the next Kayfun =) ...and then I got a bunch more for Vapocalypse stash because for me personally, it's the best Kayfun that's ever been released. I like it a lot.

Picture of Your Setup Part 3!

BTW everyone's opinion is subjective, but in my opinion, the 1 dot setting on the Kayfun 5 is significantly more restricted than the 4 wide open. It's a little bit more open then the Lite+. The 4 with the S kit installed is very similar to 3 dots on the Kayfun 5, which is exactly what SvoёMesto states (so far as I recall, if I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will correct me ;-).

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I liked the Kayfun 4 because I was still in a ProVari phase when it dropped and it had the P3 base, and it vaped great! What made me like it a lot less as time went by was the juice flow control, which always, always, always jammed up for me after a while, on all 3 attys, and yes I lubed it, but no matter what I did with it, it still seemed to get stuck. I rate the 5 as a huge improvement and have had 0 problems with anything on it.

I know that if i want to open up the Kayfun V4 to get to the build deck i have to set the juice flow control somewhere in the middle. Can't remember the last time i forgot to do this but if i don't do it and then try to unscrew the build deck then i know i'm going to be a while trying to un jam the juice control. Haven't jammed it in ages now though. I don't like it any less though !. That's just how the V4 works.

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I just grabbed this Vapedroid C1D2 DNA75, lightly used, for 40 EUR :thumbs: got lucky
Dayum, this is a nice mod... @qorax , you were looking for a replacemet for the rDNA - if you haven't found one, I can't reccomend this strongly enough. Just a tad larger than the rDNA (2-3mm longer), but soooo comfortable in the hand and with that soft grip.
With a K5 on top, so I'm not completely offtopic :D

20161205_152955.jpg

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread