Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribot

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
Hi guys,
I've Been reading this 90 page thread..
So i start to use this authentic K5 about 3 weeks.
TBH i got flavor issue, but I'm still trying to experiment and figure it out. Maybe later on i will share the experience.

For now, i have a problem with the jfc.
It seems 1st fill is ok, but 2nd fill is a problem.
It always not giving juice good enough compare to 1st fill. For instance, 1st fill bubbles are there right after i draw.
2nd fill is blah. I get dry hit, open up top cap, bubbles coming, good vape, then no bubbles again..

I hope some1can share their experience and solution?
My setup :
Parallel 28g kanthal.
About 7wraps, 2.5mm, 0.66ohm, 26.5w
Jfc 3 full turns
Afc 3 dots
juice dsrt chocomint 70vg (i think)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,
I've Been reading this 90 page thread..
So i start to use this authentic K5 about 3 weeks.
TBH i got flavor issue, but I'm still trying to experiment and figure it out. Maybe later on i will share the experience.

For now, i have a problem with the jfc.
It seems 1st fill is ok, but 2nd fill is a problem.
It always not giving juice good enough compare to 1st fill. For instance, 1st fill bubbles are there right after i draw.
2nd fill is blah. I get dry hit, open up top cap, bubbles coming, good vape, then no bubbles again..

I hope some1can share their experience and solution?
My setup :
Parallel 28g kanthal.
Jfc 3 full turns
Afc 3 dots
Juice dsrt chocomint 70vg (i think)

Thanks in advance!
From where did you purchase the K5?

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
My setup :
Parallel 28g kanthal.

Hi Bribot,
Not sure if this could be contributing to your issue or not but your ohm reading seems real low to me.
I do about the same size and number of wraps as you do but I consistently get around 1.5 ohms. Actually, I do 8 wraps so that would make my resistance reading a bit higher than yours, but not as much as your reading is.
Are you dry burning after re-coiling to be sure your reading doesn't change?

Bribot

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
Hi Bribot,
Not sure if this could be contributing to your issue or not but your ohm reading seems real low to me.
I do about the same size and number of wraps as you do but I consistently get around 1.5 ohms. Actually, I do 8 wraps so that would make my resistance reading a bit higher than yours, but not as much as your reading is.
Are you dry burning after re-coiling to be sure your reading doesn't change?

Hi jpsaint,
I also got same resistance like you said, if it was single coil (non parrarel) build.
I hope I'm building the parrarel coil correctly.
Hahaha..

Reactions: AstroTurf

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi Qorax,

From svoemesto.de
I asked b'coz everything seems to be right with your setup - thus I feel the unit is faulty. Doesn't happen often - but it sure can. I'd contact the seller to have it solved.

Ps.: Generally speaking the K5 is an amazing atty. Thus, if it is not build related - it could be a one off unit.

Bribot

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
I asked b'coz everything seems to be right with your setup - thus I feel the unit is faulty. Doesn't happen often - but it sure can. I'd contact the seller to have it solved.

Ps.: Generally speaking the K5 is an amazing atty. Thus, if it is not build related - it could be a one off unit.
Hi Qorax,
Machine faulty or incorrect build i cannot say at this moment. Anyway thx for your kind advice. I know for sure there are 1 or 2 post in this thread, same problem like me (but no feedback /solution)

As you said, it's supposed to be an amazing atty, I'm not giving up for it, haha.

Ok, another topic.
Might I say that kf5 with afc full open, is the same usage like other subohm tanks (serpent, merlin, ammit)

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Hi jpsaint,
I also got same resistance like you said, if it was single coil (non parrarel) build.
I hope I'm building the parrarel coil correctly.
Hahaha..
Ooops, my bad. I missed the parallel part :)

Parallel coils would equal a LOT of cotton. Are you trimming some of the cotton going into the juice channels/wells? With one coil, I have just about enough cotton to fill the juice channel so I'm guessing that same amount of cotton X 2 would be hard to fit in the juice well. Perhaps too much cotton is blocking the juice?

Maybe try a single coil build with a normal amount of cotton to see how that goes?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Ooops, my bad. I missed the parallel part :)

Parallel coils would equal a LOT of cotton. Are you trimming some of the cotton going into the juice channels/wells? With one coil, I have just about enough cotton to fill the juice channel so I'm guessing that same amount of cotton X 2 would be hard to fit in the juice well. Perhaps too much cotton is blocking the juice?

Maybe try a single coil build with a normal amount of cotton to see how that goes?
I believe it is a single coil brother. Two wires going around the drillbit simultaneously. Merry Christmas!

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Hi, new lurker here! I have a authentic Kayfun 5 coming, and have been trying to learn everything I can in preparation of the day I have it in my hot little hands. Thankfully I've learned a lot on this thread. @qorax you are fantastic at teaching videos. In one video, you used Burt's bees to lube the gaskets, is it safe to use other lubricants as long as they do not contain petroleum products? Can white lithium grease be used on the threads? I am so excited to receive mine, waited about 6 months to pull the trigger. Such gratitude for all the help on this thread.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi, new lurker here! I have a authentic Kayfun 5 coming, and have been trying to learn everything I can in preparation of the day I have it in my hot little hands. Thankfully I've learned a lot on this thread. @qorax you are fantastic at teaching videos. In one video, you used Burt's bees to lube the gaskets, is it safe to use other lubricants as long as they do not contain petroleum products? Can white lithium grease be used on the threads? I am so excited to receive mine, waited about 6 months to pull the trigger. Such gratitude for all the help on this thread.
Thanks my friend. Any kind of cosmetic moisturizing cream should work fine, as long as it is not overtly scented that is. Yes, our e-liquids are good as well ~ but I tend to prefer the vaseline.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Use things you wouldn't mind ingesting. Lip balm is one of those things. Vaseline wont kill you either. I use mineral oil. No reason. Any of the others work just as well. I just happened to have mineral oil on hand so that's what I use.

If your K5 chaps easily then use the Burt's Bee. If it has a sore airflow hole use vaseline. If it is constipated, use the mineral oil. :)

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Use things you wouldn't mind ingesting. Lip balm is one of those things. Vaseline wont kill you either. I use mineral oil. No reason. Any of the others work just as well. I just happened to have mineral oil on hand so that's what I use.

If your K5 chaps easily then use the Burt's Bee. If it has a sore airflow hole use vaseline. If it is constipated, use the mineral oil. :)

:|:|:cry::thumb:

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.

Very clever. Will have to watch out for your sense of humor! Actually I was trying to find the emoji for ROTFLMAO.

Bribot

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
Finally a build I'm happy with. Clapton coil, SS316L, 26gx32gx2 and 0.5 Ohm. Got used to big hits with the Ijoy Limitless while my KF5 was sitting. Tried 1-1.5 Ohm builds but that didn't do it for me.

Hi there,
Just wondering.
What watt and afc you used?
Is it too hot? I mean like the tank is quite - very hot when chain vape.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread