Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Need suggestions - One of my K5s won't fire.

Was doing a routine re-wicking, cleaned the coil and it wouldn't fire. Checked for a short- nope. Thought maybe coil was bad. Built a new one- same result: no connection to my ProVari. Loosened the center pin (which I've never had to do before)- no power. Tried it on a couple other ProVaris with same result. Never ever had this happen before, and I'm out of ideas.
Having the exact same issue with another kayfun 5. Getting an "OP" reading on ProVari. Tried switching pins from another K5 and no luck. Noticed that on my other K5s, the pin extends slightly below the connection, whereas this one is pretty flush. Tried backing the pin out a bit, and no luck. Any suggestions? New pin? New insulator? I'm stumped.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Having the exact same issue with another kayfun 5. Getting an "OP" reading on ProVari. Tried switching pins from another K5 and no luck. Noticed that on my other K5s, the pin extends slightly below the connection, whereas this one is pretty flush. Tried backing the pin out a bit, and no luck. Any suggestions? New pin? New insulator? I'm stumped.

Have you checked that the Provari 510 adaptor and beauty ring are clean and tightened?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Have you checked that the Provari 510 adaptor and beauty ring are clean and tightened?

Yes. No adapter or ring. Tried on several different provaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Never found why this OP reading or the variable readings using the K5 and the Radius happened. I know it is not the atty coil as it worked in other mod and in the coil tab.

This combo is the one I use every day, most part of the day.

I haven't had that problem since:

a) I try to keep the atty always really clean, taking away any liquid from the base area and the air control.

b) I tight the 510 pin just enough to being secured but not use a lot of force, just enough to keep everything in place. Always check the pin if I remove the atty from the Radius.

I will try to find Brandi's (from Provape) response from my last year mail backup and see if she mentioned something useful.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Having the exact same issue with another Kayfun 5. Getting an "OP" reading on ProVari. Tried switching pins from another K5 and no luck. Noticed that on my other K5s, the pin extends slightly below the connection, whereas this one is pretty flush. Tried backing the pin out a bit, and no luck. Any suggestions? New pin? New insulator? I'm stumped.
SOLVED: Kayfun 5 Center Pin Screw Not Making Contact

The Problem:
Center pin screw does not extend far enough out of 510 connection to make contact. On my problem K5s the screw was nearly flush with the bottom of the 510 threads. My guess is that as the result of tightening the insulators become somewhat compressed, preventing the screw from extending far enough.

The Quick & Dirty Solution: I found this solution on the Fasttech forums, which goes to show you that we can learn learn things from the clone users. It couldn't be easier: Simply remove the screw insulator and reverse it, so the narrow end is at the bottom. Works like a charm! Now, you might be able to get the same result by installing new insulators, including the deck insulator, but this fix is easy and free.

Of course, I found this after spending $$$ on a couple replacement center pin assemblies and insulators. Oh well, it's always good to have spare parts!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
HHV_Memorial_Sale_2017.jpg

HHV is having a weeklong Memorial Day Sale. Save 15% on all custom e-liquids, Artisan Reserve and Sample Packs. Now thru midnight Eastern on Monday, 5/29. Use sale code: MEMORIAL15.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Heather's Heavenly Vapes

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone! Had a question over on the Mini V3 thread about whether HHV would be getting any more of them in stock. I checked in with Adam & Heather and thought I'd post their response here too.

If there's enough interest here in purchasing the Mini V3 or the KF 5, they'd contact Svoemesto and see if they can place an order. I do know there were times when ordering wasn't possible - but maybe SV has more stock available now.

If any of you are seriously interested, please let me know here or via PM if you prefer that. Thanks all!

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Just thought I'd check in here. Been just over a year since I got my hands on the Kayfun 5. After a few initial teething problems, I can now say this is one excellent tank. It has quickly become my favourite alongside the KFM 3.

Flavour is superb, and when I vape it alongside the Kayfun Lite Plus, there is a noticeable difference in flavour. So much better on the KF5.

Hope everyone is still enjoying theirs.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Just thought I'd check in here. Been just over a year since I got my hands on the Kayfun 5. After a few initial teething problems, I can now say this is one excellent tank. It has quickly become my favourite alongside the KFM 3.

Flavour is superb, and when I vape it alongside the Kayfun Lite Plus, there is a noticeable difference in flavour. So much better on the KF5.

Hope everyone is still enjoying theirs.

Sure I'm enjoying the K5. All day, every day

It was recommended here in ECF when I joined and I'm glad I got it (actually them)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK K5 fans...just wondering if anyone ever purchased a nano kit for their K5. I just bought a JAC Vapour Series B DNA75 mod and it is very compact. Both the KM3 and K5 is going to be too tall for this tiny mod. If I want to stay with the newer Kayfuns I am going to have to shorten up my K5 (there are no options for the KM3). I see Steam Tuners makes a nano kit which reduces the K5 body from 60mm to 39mm (does not include drip tip or 510 threads). That would really be helpful. For comparison, the KM3 stands at 54mm. Juice capacity with the nano is 2.3ml...about the same as the KM3. Wondering if anyone else makes a K5 nano. I can purchase the K5 nano at Creme de Vape or Steam Tuners. No idea what the exchange rates are so not sure which place would be cheaper at this time.

Kayfun Five Nano Kit by Steam Tuners

Kayfun 5 nano kit

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I haven't seen any other nano kit yet. 39mm is slightly shorter than a kfl and steam tuners makes some top quality KF mods so I'd say go for it.
I think the K5 nano kit would work out perfectly. While I do not own any Steam Tuners stuff I know they have an impeccable reputation. Have to believe it would be a "can't miss" purchase. But they are pricey.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
OK K5 fans...just wondering if anyone ever purchased a nano kit for their K5. I just bought a JAC Vapour Series B DNA75 mod and it is very compact. Both the KM3 and K5 is going to be too tall for this tiny mod. If I want to stay with the newer Kayfuns I am going to have to shorten up my K5 (there are no options for the KM3). I see Steam Tuners makes a nano kit which reduces the K5 body from 60mm to 39mm (does not include drip tip or 510 threads). That would really be helpful. For comparison, the KM3 stands at 54mm. Juice capacity with the nano is 2.3ml...about the same as the KM3. Wondering if anyone else makes a K5 nano. I can purchase the K5 nano at Creme de Vape or Steam Tuners. No idea what the exchange rates are so not sure which place would be cheaper at this time.

Kayfun Five Nano Kit by Steam Tuners

Kayfun 5 nano kit
Hi Bronze. I own a Kayfun 5 Nano Kit from Steam Tuners.

It's how I prefer to run my K5 on pretty much every mod. It is incredibly small compared to the original K5. Looks great, works great and the threading etc is top notch.

The vape is a little bit hotter than the orginal, due to being closer to the coil.

I think it is definitely on the expensive side but I don't regret for one minute paying it. I ordered mine from Creme de Vape.

The drip tip hole is a little larger than the original housing for the K5. Some drip tips will wobble a little, but the K5 drip tip sits perfectly in it. And also worth mentioning you can pop out the drip tip at any time and see right through to your coil and cotton.

Wow, this has been a long reply, but hope some of that information has been helpful.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi Bronze. I own a Kayfun 5 Nano Kit from Steam Tuners.

It's how I prefer to run my K5 on pretty much every mod. It is incredibly small compared to the original K5. Looks great, works great and the threading etc is top notch.

The vape is a little bit hotter than the orginal, due to being closer to the coil.

I think it is definitely on the expensive side but I don't regret for one minute paying it. I ordered mine from Creme de Vape.

The drip tip hole is a little larger than the original housing for the K5. Some drip tips will wobble a little, but the K5 drip tip sits perfectly in it. And also worth mentioning you can pop out the drip tip at any time and see right through to your coil and cotton.

Wow, this has been a long reply, but hope some of that information has been helpful.
Very helpful. Thanks a bunch MK!

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Very helpful. Thanks a bunch MK!
I think you should go for it. I think I'm going backwards in my vaping journey. Sick of batteries draining quickly etc so I'm now vaping on 30 guage kanthal at 1.9 ohms. 10 watts and it is just perfect, as oppposed to my usual 1.3 ohms 28 guage at 11/12 watts. Battery life hugely improved. These newer Kayfuns especially I find just perform no matter what you throw in them. They are a joy to use.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think you should go for it. I think I'm going backwards in my vaping journey. Sick of batteries draining quickly etc so I'm now vaping on 30 guage kanthal at 1.9 ohms. 10 watts and it is just perfect, as oppposed to my usual 1.3 ohms 28 guage at 11/12 watts. Battery life hugely improved. These newer Kayfuns especially I find just perform no matter what you throw in them. They are a joy to use.
I'm heavily leaning for going for it. I just guess I wanted to hear from a person or two and their thoughts. I always knew Steam Tuners was a quality outfit that offered high quality stuff. I think you and Ca confirmed that. CdV is 5 hours ahead of me so I should be able to order it in the morning so they have time to ship tomorrow. I have a feeling it will take a long time to get to the states. Oh well. I can wait.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You like a cool vape too. So do I. Nothing wrong with that.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I'm heavily leaning for going for it. I just guess I wanted to hear from a person or two and their thoughts. I always knew Steam Tuners was a quality outfit that offered high quality stuff. I think you and Ca confirmed that. CdV is 5 hours ahead of me so I should be able to order it in the morning so they have time to ship tomorrow. I have a feeling it will take a long time to get to the states. Oh well. I can wait.
About 4 working days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread