Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
I'm heavily leaning for going for it. I just guess I wanted to hear from a person or two and their thoughts. I always knew Steam Tuners was a quality outfit that offered high quality stuff. I think you and Ca confirmed that. CdV is 5 hours ahead of me so I should be able to order it in the morning so they have time to ship tomorrow. I have a feeling it will take a long time to get to the states. Oh well. I can wait.
@Bronze I had ordered a Kfun 5 from CDV just prior to the TPD shutdown. I didn't keep track of the shipping, but was very pleasantly surprised at how quick it was to Calif.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Upon further research, it will cost me $60 (including shipping to US, no VAT) for a K5 nano kit whether I purchase direct from Steam Tuners or thru CDV. I did conversions for both the pound and euro and it comes to the same amount from either vendor (or very close). That's a bit pricey for my tastes. I was thinking $40 shipped would be pushing the limit for a nano kit. $60 is over the top. That's half the price of a brand new K5. This is getting in the territory of finding a different atty. That said, I am using my KM3 on my new JAC Series-B and it's not too bad. Better than I thought. So I'm in no big hurry to make a change.

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
Can someone post some info or links to 3rd party sources for K5 JFC o-rings. I've gone through nearly all from my extras packs to find ones that done cause leaks from the air slots. Anyone have first hand experience using 3rd party JFC o-rings?

I bought a bunch of each o-ring on the atty from the o-ring store.com. Got Buna-N 70 type - work great and I understand are the same material as used by svoemesto. The sizes you need are on the svoemesto website. Was cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I bought a bunch of each o-ring on the atty from the o-ring store.com. Got Buna-N 70 type - work great and I understand are the same material as used by svoemesto. The sizes you need are on the svoemesto website. Was cheap.
Can't find the size chart. Anyone have a link?

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
IMG_1135.JPG

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
Kayfun5 O-ring sizes:
Body:

1) Under the pos pole: 7x1.5 (6x1.5 will work)
2) Under the airhole base: 10x1
3) Tank seal: 11x1 (10x1 will work)
4) Chimney seal: 10x1​
Tank:
5) Bottom: 18x1.5
6) Upper: 18x1.5​
Topcap:
7) Chimney seal: 5x1.5 (6x1.5 will work)
8) Topcap to tank: 11x1 (10x1 will work)
9) Driptip: 6x1.5
10) Driptip: 6x1.5​
*But the size quoted is the best fit
Ps: -There are ten O-rings used in the K5 :)
-All are Nitrile/NBR70.​

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Attachments

• O-Rings-size.jpg
    O-Rings-size.jpg