Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Can any of you feel the difference in just a quarter turn of the juice control? I can for sure and the results can be alot. Maybe because I lung inhale alot of the time I can see differences in vapor production and heat and flavor of vapor when the JF is not tuned in just right. I can always feel the extra harshness and heat when I have opened it up too much. I initially felt this over saturation after a fresh wick, because what one does is too fully saturate a new wick and then open the JF up to maximum. What this tends to do is have too much juice to the wick and it doesn't perform to well. I now tend to only open my JF to 1.5 turns at first and vape it, then adjust if necessary. I actually just installed a fresh wick and used my normal 2 to 2-1/4 turns and wasn't feeling the performance as usual so I then turned it down just below 2 turns and instantly seen much better results. Anyways just saying that the JF is touchy and it seems like every build , although the same, can benefit by fine tuning the juice. It really is amazing how I can feel the difference in just a quarter of a turn either way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Can any of you feel the difference in just a quarter turn of the juice control? I can for sure and the results can be alot. Maybe because I lung inhale alot of the time I can see differences in vapor production and heat and flavor of vapor when the JF is not tuned in just right. I can always feel the extra harshness and heat when I have opened it up too much. I initially felt this over saturation after a fresh wick, because what one does is too fully saturate a new wick and then open the JF up to maximum. What this tends to do is have too much juice to the wick and it doesn't perform to well. I now tend to only open my JF to 1.5 turns at first and vape it, then adjust if necessary. I actually just installed a fresh wick and used my normal 2 to 2-1/4 turns and wasn't feeling the performance as usual so I then turned it down just below 2 turns and instantly seen much better results. Anyways just saying that the JF is touchy and it seems like every build , although the same, can benefit by fine tuning the juice. It really is amazing how I can feel the difference in just a quarter of a turn either way

Quite honestly I never experimented with the juice control setting. I started with 1-1/2 turns (I use 70/30) and have kept it there the entire time because I never had any wicking issues.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Also regarding the updated insulator part that is available for those with the first run km3's . I contacted the dealer in which I purchased it from and asked them about it, they said they did have the parts for purchase but had no info beyond that. I sent them the SvoeMesto link and let them know that some dealers were getting these parts for practically nothing and passing them on to previous buyers. After going back and forth and letting them know I am a member of ecf and that this issue can be a bad thing, they are sending me out one FOC. It's really not the price, I'm sure they are cheap to purchase, it's just that maybe by me touching base with them and letting them know of the potential problem of shorting, they will now state something on their site about it . I know the potential for a serious accident is very low if the device shorts, and most likely the device just won't fire, but we definitely don't need any more vaping accidents , especially now

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Quite honestly I never experimented with the juice control setting. I started with 1-1/2 turns (I use 70/30) and have kept it there the entire time because I never had any wicking issues.
I think 1.5 is good, I think the problem is, is when you try to go too much. Honestly when I'm doing mtl it's a little hard to tell, but with lung inhales, I can really tell. It's not really a wicking problem but more of a harshness and extra heat produced when too much juice gets to coil (flooding), flooding doesn't actually mean a gurgle but does affect the vape in other ways

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
I really need to buy one of those jeweler's magnifying mirrors. Really.

I realized a while back that I needed one of those so I got this one, it has a light and can run off batteries. Sure makes it easier to work on my tanks, specially the Mini!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
(I really need to buy one of those jeweler's magnifying mirrors. Really.)

I really like these for coiling and other close work. Light on the head and you can easily look 'over' them when reaching for other 'stuff'. I've tried/used a number of 'head pieces' over the years and these are by far my favorite.

Amazon.com: MagEyes Magnifier #2 and #4 Lenses: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

The also come in a stronger strength.

Amazon.com: MagEyes Magnifier #5 and #7 Lenses: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I really like these for coiling and other close work. Light on the head and you can easily look 'over' them when reaching for other 'stuff'. I've tried/used a number of 'head pieces' over the years and these are by far my favorite.

Hahaha! I would never let anyone see me with those on. But I'm sure they work great. :laugh:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Keep at it @LittleBird. As with anything it gets easier. The vape off that little device will be worth it. I hope you keep it in the short grass and enjoy your D&S. It's about cocktail time here.
I didn't keep it in the short grass - very bad round! - but the vape and D&S were the bee's knees!

I realized a while back that I needed one of those so I got this one, it has a light and can run off batteries. Sure makes it easier to work on my tanks, specially the Mini!
Thanks! Just added to cart. With my 2.5 power glasses and the 2x power magnifier, perhaps I'll get the next one done with only 10' of wire :)

Thanks, Mike. I'm sure these work, but eesh! :lol:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hahaha! I would never let anyone see me with those on. But I'm sure they work great. [emoji23]
I have been using a head visor magnifying thingy for years , no way I could do coils and rebuilds without it. I did try the stationary lamp light thingy first but soon switched to a visor type. Mine did have 2 lights attached to the sides but they soon broke, which is fine cause they are not necessary. I think I purchased mine at harbor freight for less then 10 bucks

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have been using a head visor magnifying thingy for years , no way I could do coils and rebuilds without it. I did try the stationary lamp light thingy first but soon switched to a visor type. Mine did have 2 lights attached to the sides but they soon broke, which is fine cause they are not necessary. I think I purchased mine at harbor freight for less then 10 bucks

I was on a Canadian fishing trip with my buddy and his two sons. He was tying lures on his line and whipped out one of those things and we all sat there laughing ourasses off at him. He looked like a complete dork. We razzed him mercilessly. By the end of the trip we were all using that thing. :laugh:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
2GUD2BTRU!

KM3 Badlands Rock Closeup.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I was on a Canadian fishing trip with my buddy and his two sons. He was tying lures on his line and whipped out one of those things and we all sat there laughing ourasses off at him. He looked like a complete dork. We razzed him mercilessly. By the end of the trip we were all using that thing. [emoji23]
I probably couldn't tie a line either without one, especially those tiny flies. I think the max I can do with my reading glasses is make a knot on a 4 or 5 ought hook. I wear contact lenses for near sight and am blind close up, but if I take my lenses out, can't see far but I have bionic vision close up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread