Status
Not open for further replies.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Unfortunately they do not supply you with the tools, I used a 3/16 socket wrench but I'm sure it's really a metric size which would be 5mm, so hopefully you have one of those. If not you probably can use either an adjustable wrench or pliers but it will be a pain. The issue with those is the nut is very shallow and will be hard to grip, even with the socket, you must keep pressure against it. If you go to the first page on this thread, I have a video on the km3 and in it, I show how to remove the center airflow / positive pole to some regard. Ok, so first you need to take it off a mod and separate the base (take off top tank section ), then remove coil (keep coil screws on device), then remove the base, bottom plate 510 screw(regular screw driver). Now you will see a nut (this nut surrounds the airflow adjustment screw) ,don't mess with the airflow screw, just unscrew the nut 3/16 or 5mm (haven't tried the 5mm size myself but should be correct). As you loosen this nut , you will see the positive block (pb) start to turn and probably rise away from deck. This nut that your loosening probably won't back out as you loosen it, it's just going to spin. Once the pb is free from the threads of the airflow tip , remove the pb and set aside, now you need to remove the airflow / positive pole by pressing down on the top threaded part ( the part that was screwed into the pb. Once you press it down it will come out the bottom. There is another round insulator under the deck (inside the chamber underneath ) this might fall out with and when you remove the main airflow tube, but don't worry, it seats back easily and if you loose it, there is an extra in the kit. Now you need to remove the main deck insulator that is/ was under the pb. Simply place a small regular screw driver under this white, rectangular insulator (with a hole in the middle ) and pry it up and out, and replace it with the new insulator. Insert back the main airflow tube , but don't insert it completely up until you place back the pb. If you insert the main tube all the way up, you cannot screw down the pb onto it, you must first place the pb onto deck first , then screw the main airflow tube into it. This part can be tricky , with one finger you must hold down the positive block and with the other hand you must screw in the main tube into it. Don't force it because it can be easily cross threaded, take your time and once the threads have been caught, it becomes easy. Now you must guide and keep the pb centered as you SNUG it all up (don't over tighten, just snug). Now just put everything back together, your good to go. I found the esiest tool to use is this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
12984ac0f4c3d79a1654e3b9301a9233.jpg

Wow! Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. According to USPS tracking my replacement should be here today. I'll tackle it over the weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Wow! Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. According to USPS tracking my replacement should be here today. I'll tackle it over the weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
No problem my friend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
I didn't post in here for a while.
But I've just liked a couple of posts - maybe tapatalk needs to be updated, as it intereprets like-notifications as post-notifications?
not sure though, never used tapatalk. but I've developed notification-services and APIs and I can imagine that s.th like that happened...

But hey, good opportunity to say hi to all the KM3 tootlers out there...

Howdy, still going strong on my KM3 - it's just too perfect, so I've got nothing to talk about :)
Running it @2.2Ohms on my PV Mini atm - enjoying the sun outdoors with Serendipity in the tank :)

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
I didn't post in here for a while.
But I've just liked a couple of posts - maybe tapatalk needs to be updated, as it intereprets like-notifications as post-notifications?
not sure though, never used tapatalk. but I've developed notification-services and APIs and I can imagine that s.th like that happened...

But hey, good opportunity to say hi to all the KM3 tootlers out there...

Howdy, still going strong on my KM3 - it's just too perfect, so I've got nothing to talk about :)
Running it @2.2Ohms on my PV Mini atm - enjoying the sun outdoors with Serendipity in the tank :)

Well, I feel a little better now, lol!!
Instead of a game of "made you look", it was more like,"made you post"! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hard to beat, eh?
Yep! The 50/50 for me just didn't do it as well. It's like the 80 is just right in having only a hint of sweetness and more flavor and fullness to my particular pallette. Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
The 50/50 for me just didn't do it as well.
I did 50/50 for a bit and got the same results - just didn't crush the craving. Now I stick to 70/30 or 80/20. Lots of flavor and decent vapor production and no craving. I'm not into clouds anyway so it's perfect for me.

Also, been vaping Huntsman nearly two weeks on the same wick. Due for a change after lunch today. I better get too it before Mama wakes up from her nap.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Is there such a thing as a 19mm regulated mod that would fit the KM3 really well?
It looks really nice on a Presa TC40W
I'm not using the TC mode - running a 1.5 ohm 30g Kanthal coil with Rayon wick in here. Good taste and great vapor.
(Oops, shoulda cleaned off the drip tip before the shoot. :unsure: Eew schema {a cheesy sebaceous substance} on the tip.) :facepalm:

IMG_0543.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread