Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have to agree, but there is something else I find missing in an rda vape. It just doesn't have that TH that I get from my rta's, actually I'm not sure what it is, it's just missing something. All I know is if I take a few vapes from my rtas, I'm satisfied for a while, but with an rda, I can keep vaping it before I'm satisfied. I know it's weird, but that's what I have found.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Too much fussing with RDAs IMO. But I used an Achilles dripper exclusively for 8 months prior to the KM3 release because the flavor really was a notch above. But I prefer the convenience of a tank and when SM made the flavor dripper quality with the KM3 I put my Achilles drippers away. It's been KM3/K5 since.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Too much fussing with RDAs IMO. But I used an Achilles dripper exclusively for 8 months prior to the KM3 release because the flavor really was a notch above. But I prefer the convenience of a tank and when SM made the flavor dripper quality with the KM3 I put my Achilles drippers away. It's been KM3/K5 since.
But besides the extra hassle of your achilles , if you forget the flavor aspect, did you find the vapes similiar? I meant in everything but flavor? To me there was something else different besides flavor that I found missing and been trying to put my finger on it. Maybe it's the tall skinny tube that an rta has above the chamber that adds something ? I doubt it has anything to do with bottom feed rda's, I don't really know or can compare because before this venture, I never dripped period, except for the old school dripping attys like the 357.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But besides the extra hassle of your achilles , if you forget the flavor aspect, did you find the vapes similiar? I meant in everything but flavor? To me there was something else different besides flavor that I found missing and been trying to put my finger on it. Maybe it's the tall skinny tube that an rta has above the chamber that adds something ? I doubt it has anything to do with bottom feed rda's, I don't really know or can compare because before this venture, I never dripped period, except for the old school dripping attys like the 357.

I never vaped from a bottom feeder so I can't comment on that. My drippers tended to vape warmer than my RTAs. Beyond that it was mostly a flavor difference. Drippers can be a PITA. Needs constant refilling. Never know how much juice you have remaining, etc... I used them strictly because I got more flavor out of them versus tanks. That margin has been erased with the KM3 and K5.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I never vaped from a bottom feeder so I can't comment on that. My drippers tended to vape warmer than my RTAs. Beyond that it was mostly a flavor difference. Drippers can be a PITA. Needs constant refilling. Never know how much juice you have remaining, etc... I used them strictly because I got more flavor out of them versus tanks. That margin has been erased with the KM3 and K5.
Gotcha bronze and that is what I also hear about mostly, is that they are warmer . Anyways , imo, you just can't beat a hi end rta

Mada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Egypt

Don't forget an important factor here, your E liquid !! Some E liquids will shine in RDA, specially high VG and gourmet flavors while tobacco flavors and low VG will shine in RTA like a Kayfun.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Don't forget an important factor here, your E liquid !! Some E liquids will shine in RDA, specially high VG and gourmet flavors while tobacco flavors and low VG will shine in RTA like a Kayfun.
I vape about 3 to 4 different liquids , all sweetish type tobaccos and all about 70vg. I can even taste differences in these juices between the different rta's that I have, so I know there's differences compared to an rda. But it really wasnt flavor that was driving me crazy, but mainly the lack of a clean TH in the rdas that i tried. I could move the coil position to increase, but it just got harsh and no flavor. I often hear people that moved to rda's compared to rta's, that they have to decrease their nic levels, but for me it seemed opposite. The vape off the rda's seemed just too mello, like it lacked a certain substance. I tried all the same liquids that I use in my rtas, tried various airflow options, tried various coil diameters, and tried a number of different coil placements. I tried rda's with side, bottom, and top air and I just couldn't get that smooth kick.

Mada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
I vape about 3 to 4 different liquids , all sweetish type tobaccos and all about 70vg. I can even taste differences in these juices between the different rta's that I have, so I know there's differences compared to an rda. But it really wasnt flavor that was driving me crazy, but mainly the lack of a clean TH in the rdas that i tried. I could move the coil position to increase, but it just got harsh and no flavor. I often hear people that moved to rda's compared to rta's, that they have to decrease their nic levels, but for me it seemed opposite. The vape off the rda's seemed just too mello, like it lacked a certain substance. I tried all the same liquids that I use in my rtas, tried various airflow options, tried various coil diameters, and tried a number of different coil placements. I tried rda's with side, bottom, and top air and I just couldn't get that smooth kick.

then, don't forget it is subjective :)) I didn't like RDA's as well, and I didn't like high wattage , I vape some times at high wattage with open airflow, but it is not for me. And when I really under stress and need a serious vape, I vape unflavored :))

Reactions: AstroTurf

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
then, don't forget it is subjective :)) I didn't like RDA's as well, and I didn't like high wattage , I vape some times at high wattage with open airflow, but it is not for me. And when I really under stress and need a serious vape, I vape unflavored :))
could of been a mental thing as well and like you said subjective for sure. im also thinking it has something to do with the chimney top. in a dripper the vapor just goes from coil to drip tip, but in my rtas, it then goes up a thin tube before the drip tip, imo I think that adds something that I prefer

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
could of been a mental thing as well and like you said subjective for sure. im also thinking it has something to do with the chimney top. in a dripper the vapor just goes from coil to drip tip, but in my rtas, it then goes up a thin tube before the drip tip, imo I think that adds something that I prefer
Agreed!!!

But, Have a look at the Venturi RDA by Neo Vape Tek.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My first trip to Cuba since I quit smoking. Considering that I was into cigars all my adult life, this visit was really tough. Store manager and I had funny tasting session, he smoked - I sniffed, I vaped - he sniffed. And I have to admit that nothing comes even close to the aroma of a real Cuban tobacco.

P6280083.jpg

P6280081.jpg

Temptation was really strong, but I managed to stay away (sniffing doesn't count) :)

I get to sniff cigars and vape them :) Have a try at DIY cigar liquid. Hardest part is the wait, but worth it

Havent bought new atties in a while, but I think the Kayfun mini V3 will be my next. I hear great things, and I would like a slim atty for my 20mm MCR tubes.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Agreed!!!

But, Have a look at the Venturi RDA by Neo Vape Tek.
Well the bunch that I was trying was for a squonker that I bought last month, so they all were bottom fed. Maybe that could of been it to, not sure, but after buying and selling like 7 or 8 attys for that squonker and not caring for the vape, I ultimately sold the squonker. If it weren't for the squonk mod, I would of never tried rda's period.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Well the bunch that I was trying was for a squonker that I bought last month, so they all were bottom fed. Maybe that could of been it to, not sure, but after buying and selling like 7 or 8 attys for that squonker and not caring for the vape, I ultimately sold the squonker. If it weren't for the squonk mod, I would of never tried rda's period.

For a minute, there, I was wishing I lived next door to you! You had some of the best BF attys I've ever used, so if you didn't like the vape, you weren't ever going to like squonking. No harm, no foul. Ya likes what ya likes! :cool:

Reactions: AstroTurf

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
For a minute, there, I was wishing I lived next door to you! You had some of the best BF attys I've ever used, so if you didn't like the vape, you weren't ever going to like squonking. No harm, no foul. Ya likes what ya likes! :cool:
Yes that one thing, I bought all hi end, kind of hard to get stuff, knowing that if I didn't like it, I could easily sell. The sva mod itself took me months to get and when I listed it for sale, it went in seconds. Pretty much the same with all the attys...

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
Hello!

I have a problem gurgling that in my Kayfun V5 Original don´t happened. In my Kayfun V3 Mini original, at the beginning of each puff, I listen and I get a little gurgling and this disappears during puffing, only it occurs at first. I think that is setup problem but can not be because my kayfun v5 does not happen gurgling.

I have tried many, many different things:

I've tried closing the liquid inlet slowly.
I've tried to screw air control screw more or less.
I've tried to remove the air control screw.
I've tried a setup with more cotton.
I've tried a setup with less cotton
I've tried to put up resistance near the vent hole.
I've tried to put up resistance above the vent hole.
I´ve tried to change o-rings.

I have tried many things but still the same.

If you know of somebody that the it happened same I would be happy to mind, this very thing in my kayfun v5 does not happen.

Thank you very much and greetings.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hello!

I have a problem gurgling that in my Kayfun V5 Original don´t happened. In my Kayfun V3 Mini original, at the beginning of each puff, I listen and I get a little gurgling and this disappears during puffing, only it occurs at first. I think that is setup problem but can not be because my kayfun v5 does not happen gurgling.

I have tried many, many different things:

I've tried closing the liquid inlet slowly.
I've tried to screw air control screw more or less.
I've tried to remove the air control screw.
I've tried a setup with more cotton.
I've tried a setup with less cotton
I've tried to put up resistance near the vent hole.
I've tried to put up resistance above the vent hole.
I´ve tried to change o-rings.

I have tried many things but still the same.

If you know of somebody that the it happened same I would be happy to mind, this very thing in my kayfun v5 does not happen.

Thank you very much and greetings.
It doesn't sound like a serious problem. It happens to me on occasion. It means your build is wicking well, but not so much to drain the tank. It's also possible your juice channels are slightly larger than your KF5.
When this gurgling happens, has the mod been standing a long time?
If yes, try standing it up side down and see if it still gurgles. You may need to stand it in a cup or similar item.

You say you've tried closing the juice control slowly. Try turning it off completely and take a few puffs to dry off the wick a bit. Then open the Juice control just a little and take a few cold puffs to bring juice up.

lilco

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2016
England
www.newroomstyle.co.uk
I broke my provari and kayfun v3 mini, My fault as i dropped 1 too many times, I bought the centre pin and now the kayfun is perfect and working however my prover is not when i free the button nothing happens. So looking for a new mod any recommendations

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I broke my provari and kayfun v3 mini, My fault as i dropped 1 too many times, I bought the centre pin and now the kayfun is perfect and working however my prover is not when i free the button nothing happens. So looking for a new mod any recommendations

Send it in for repair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Send it in for repair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need to send my Privari in for repair too as the fire button is acting up, but more from old age/use than dropping.

K3m is still working fine, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread