Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
here is a video I just put together on the prime. hopefully it doesn't bore you at 30 minutes in length..

Nice job! You're right, the vid wasn't all about the atty itself. But as a vaper late to the game, I really enjoyed hearing the brief mini-history of kayfun from your perspective. And yes (in spite of your in-video apology), I'm sure everyone's seen a bunch of videos of people building the tanks, but I think we all like seeing it anyway. I always like to look for tips, observations & preferences on how others do it. Thanks for putting it together!

I think I'm about sold...if only I hadn't just gotten the K5, I'd probably order today. Oh well, just have to let my cig savings get back into the black a little more, so it won't be long.

Oh, and I was sorry to see your Danny character on Bloodline get killed.;)
I kept wondering who you reminded me of while watching, and it finally came to me just before clicking to post. You're not a dead ringer or anything- just little bit of the look, and I guess some of the accent or way you talk, I guess.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Nice job! You're right, the vid wasn't all about the atty itself. But as a vaper late to the game, I really enjoyed hearing the brief mini-history of Kayfun from your perspective. And yes (in spite of your in-video apology), I'm sure everyone's seen a bunch of videos of people building the tanks, but I think we all like seeing it anyway. I always like to look for tips, observations & preferences on how others do it. Thanks for putting it together!

I think I'm about sold...if only I hadn't just gotten the K5, I'd probably order today. Oh well, just have to let my cig savings get back into the black a little more, so it won't be long.

Oh, and I was sorry to see your Danny character on Bloodline get killed.;)
I kept wondering who you reminded me of while watching, and it finally came to me just before clicking to post. You're not a dead ringer or anything- just little bit of the look, and I guess some of the accent or way you talk, I guess.
Thanks buddy.....I haven't heard about danny, will have to check him out to see, because I haven't watched that.....you like the k5?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks buddy.....I haven't heard about danny, will have to check him out to see, because I haven't watched that.....you like the k5?

Not so much on the K5...flavor is okay, but the only way I can accurately describe what it's like for me is to say it's like when I smoked a cigarette and found it was broken, or had pinholes in it. Just an "air diluted" vape, not condensed enough. I didn't expect that, exactly - all the "airy" comments made me think the draw was just too open for some people, not so much affecting the density of the vapor. I do like having exterior AF control, but it's kind of jiggly - I'm not sure why SM made it so loose, with no mechanism to hold it in place better. It kind of lifts out of place sometimes when JFC is open 2 turns - doesn't really affect the vape, but makes it a little more fiddly than I'd like when grabbing the base to open/close the jfc. And if it gets out of place, god forbid I should be without my glasses in good lighting, or I'd never get it reset right. Is the AFC the same fit on the Prime? Not a deal killer, but it does seem they could improve it a little- maybe (yet another) o-ring to help hold it in place, or some sort of minimal tension device?

I was looking up the mtl kits this am, and saw a link to a diy mtl kit: Remove the bottom of an Aspire BVC coil, cut it across the holes, dremel it down, and insert it down in the deck hole. I tried it, and it basically works to improve it somewhat. Not sure of the final diameter, but looks to be in the 1.8mm range. It makes it better (but still not dense enough), and so I might order the actual kit. The K5 could be good enough to use, I guess, if I needed the large capacity sometime. But IMHO still nowhere near as good a vape as the KM3, though. I'm just going to have to break down and get the Prime, I guess. I love the KM3, but as often as I recoil/rewick, I really love the wire trapping feature on the K5 & Prime - you can practically rebuild blindfolded. And the shorter profile of Prime is definitely to my liking.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Not so much on the K5...flavor is okay, but the only way I can accurately describe what it's like for me is to say it's like when I smoked a cigarette and found it was broken, or had pinholes in it. Just an "air diluted" vape, not condensed enough. I didn't expect that, exactly - all the "airy" comments made me think the draw was just too open for some people, not so much affecting the density of the vapor. I do like having exterior AF control, but it's kind of jiggly - I'm not sure why SM made it so loose, with no mechanism to hold it in place better. It kind of lifts out of place sometimes when JFC is open 2 turns - doesn't really affect the vape, but makes it a little more fiddly than I'd like when grabbing the base to open/close the jfc. And if it gets out of place, god forbid I should be without my glasses in good lighting, or I'd never get it reset right. Is the AFC the same fit on the Prime? Not a deal killer, but it does seem they could improve it a little- maybe (yet another) o-ring to help hold it in place, or some sort of minimal tension device?

I was looking up the mtl kits this am, and saw a link to a diy mtl kit: Remove the bottom of an Aspire BVC coil, cut it across the holes, dremel it down, and insert it down in the deck hole. It basically works to improve it somewhat. Not sure of the final diameter, but looks to be in the 1.8mm range. It makes it better (but still not dense enough), and so I might order the actual kit. The K5 could be good enough to use, I guess, if I needed the large capacity sometime. But IMHO still nowhere near as good a vape as the KM3, though. I'm just going to have to break down and get the Prime, I guess. I love the KM3, but as often as I recoil/rewick, I really love the wire trapping feature on the K5 & Prime - you can practically rebuild blindfolded. And the shorter profile of Prime is definitely to my liking.
I agree on the 5 , I feel exactly the same....even with the reducer, it just doesn't feel like the km3. I know with the reducer , I can obtain a draw like the km3, but it's just watered imo....I also heard about the diy reducer, but not sure......yes the afc on the prime is exactly like the prime imo, but it's not loose. I know what your saying about it though, sometimes you open juice flow and the AF gets out of position, and like you, without my glasses there is no way of knowing. But no afc I tried is perfect tbh and I do kind of like this design in the end.....I'm a big km3 guy and I am truly loving the prime

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017

I was looking up the mtl kits this am, and saw a link to a diy mtl kit: Remove the bottom of an Aspire BVC coil, cut it across the holes, dremel it down, and insert it down in the deck hole. It basically works to improve it somewhat. Not sure of the final diameter, but looks to be in the 1.8mm range. It makes it better (but still not dense enough), and so I might order the actual kit. The K5 could be good enough to use, I guess, if I needed the large capacity sometime. But IMHO still nowhere near as good a vape as the KM3, though. I'm just going to have to break down and get the Prime, I guess. I love the KM3, but as often as I recoil/rewick, I really love the wire trapping feature on the K5 & Prime - you can practically rebuild blindfolded. And the shorter profile of Prime is definitely to my liking.
I bought the Svoëmesto MTL kit, but wanted a touch more air, about 1.8mm. I found a 3.2mm pot rivet works perfectly. I use them in my Exocet's too

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I agree on the 5 , I feel exactly the same....even with the reducer, it just doesn't feel like the km3. I know with the reducer , I can obtain a draw like the km3, but it's just watered imo....I also heard about the diy reducer, but not sure......yes the afc on the prime is exactly like the prime imo, but it's not loose. I know what your saying about it though, sometimes you open juice flow and the AF gets out of position, and like you, without my glasses there is no way of knowing. But no afc I tried is perfect tbh and I do kind of like this design in the end.....I'm a big km3 guy and I am truly loving the prime

Amen, brother! Since we seem to share preferences, the Prime must be for me.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
There she is. Sleek and sexy I think. Fits perfectly in the pocket. I'm taking her to church next Sunday...
She gives me about 80 tooties on a 18350...:banana:
20171016_092350.jpg

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Great info in this thread, thank you for those sharing their thoughts.

Has anyone also ordered the 4.5mil extension kit with the prime? If so, does it make it the same size of the KF5 and does it change the flavor at all?

I don't normally like 2 mil tanks, as don't want to refill often, but don't want the prime as big as the KF5, with people reporting of getting nearly 3 mils in the prime, thinking maybe be alright just keeping it standard?

Reactions: AstroTurf

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Great info in this thread, thank you for those sharing their thoughts.

Has anyone also ordered the 4.5mil extension kit with the prime? If so, does it make it the same size of the KF5 and does it change the flavor at all?

I don't normally like 2 mil tanks, as don't want to refill often, but don't want the prime as big as the KF5, with people reporting of getting nearly 3 mils in the prime, thinking maybe be alright just keeping it standard?
    Yes, total capacity is actually 3.1 mls. Some of that will remain in the wick and very bottom of the tank so your refill interval is closer to 2.5 mls.

Got my Prime Saturday. One question....anyone else have problems with the juice flow control. It's turns, just not super smooth like my kayfun 5. I've lubes the two orings with some ecig juice but still. Some sort of break in period that I'm not remembering?
    Yes, my juice control is a bit sticky. Stickier than my K5 and KM3s. But I expect it to break in eventually. For now it's just a minor nuisance. I use mineral oil for o-ring lube. Others use lip balm. Might try a different o-ring in your spares packet. Might help.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Yes, total capacity is actually 3.1 mls. Some of that will remain in the wick and very bottom of the tank so your refill interval is closer to 2.5 mls.

Thanks for the reply, did order last night without the extension kit, can always get it later if wanted.

After 4 and half years of vaping, did order my 1st authentic kayfun, most I've ever spent on one single atty, but from reports it will be worth it :)

access0denied

ECF Veteran
    Oct 9, 2015
    So here are my thoughts on the Kayfun Prime.....

I ordered it from Originvape.com this past Wednesday night. Received it Saturday, I'm super happy with Origin Vape. I also ordered the expansion kit. I've ordered a few products from them, and have never been disappointed.

Threw in a .55 ohm 2.5mm ss316l 8 wrap (think it was 8 wrap) coil. Vaping in temp control on my SX Mini G Class. 420 degrees and 30 Jules. Really happy with the tank. Everything you would expect from Kayfun, and any other products by SvoeMesto. Tight draw, and a true MTL tank. Super happy.

Some things that made me nervous about dropping close to 150 dollars (after shipping, expansion kit).

1: Is this any different than my Kayfun 5, or my Kayfun Mini 3 clone? I can't tell much of a vape difference between the two. If there is, it's far from a night and day difference. Keep in mind, I was using the mlt kit (1.6 piece) on my KF5. If there isn't a difference, not sure if it's 150 dollars worth it. Build deck is tiny such as the Kayfun mini 3. Drip tip is better than what was on the 3. I remember when I first got my Kayfun 5, I had to replace those orings after about a week, and it seems like a few people had this issue with the KF5 where it was leaking. I have no issues with the Prime leaking. It does seem a bit stubborn when turning the juice flow control, not bad by means, and hope it goes away with time.

2: Looks like a baby version of the KF5, is worth the money? Not sure if it's just all mental, but this looks like a different tank all together. It's hard to explain, just looks different. It's really close to the same tank, but yet different on the same hand. Maybe cause it feels so much lighter than my KF5. I even threw the expansion tank on, and it's feel much lighter than my KF5. One issue I had with my KF5, is that it felt very top heavy. Not with the Prime, or even with the expansion kit on. With the expansion kit, it's still shorter than the KF5. Not by much, but it's shorter. Keep in mind, I did have a color glass on it for the tank, so maybe that added some weight to the KF5.

3: Would I buy it again.....Yeah, if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket. I don't regret buying the Prime, not one bit. Expensive yes.....Worth it, yup without a doubt. I've had a few different tanks over the years. Guess what, I always go back to my KF's. Just good solid tanks that last. Those cheap 20 dollars just get boring, start leaking for no reason after some usage, not a true MTL, etc etc etc. Boils down to most things in life. You get what you pay for.

4: Will this fit on my Provari Radius better than my KF5? Yup, sure does. My KF5 seemed like the 510 connector was too short and needed to be a tad bit longer. To me, it looks like 510 on the Prime is just a tad bit longer than the KF5. Fits on my Radius without any issues. Too bad 'coil control' is far from amazing on the Radius.

Things I would change with the Prime/SvoeMesto.

1: I would love to see a black version of the Prime.

2: As mods have got bigger and bigger over the years. I would love to see a MTL Kayfun bigger than 22mm, and can hold more than 2-3ml of juice. Yeah, there is the KF 5 Square coming out, but from my understanding, that isn't a MTL tank. Yeah, there is the expansion kit, but even then. It feels very tall. I'm just picky, and want the best out of both worlds.

3: Airflow ring. I haven't seen anyone mention this. But......it seems like the JFC (juice flow control) only needs to be twisted about 1 rotation for the juice to flow. But, you can't make adjustments to the AFC (air flow control) ring, unless that JFC is twisted about 2 times. Maybe it designed like this on purpose? Just another difference between the Prime and KF5. Should I be giving two rotations when opening up the JFC?

I should also mention that the top cap that you remove when filling the tank.......Feels cheap. Feels like something you would find on a tank from China. I understand why they did it, and it helps with the weight, not making it feel top heavy. But it also feels like I could bend it half with my fingers compared to solid cap that came on the KF5.

Enough of my yapping. Love this tank, no regrets. Prime is what you would expect from SM. Hope to get a year and half of happy usage out of this, like I did with my KF5. Expensive yes.....But for the 150 I dropped on this, is still much cheaper than those nasty cigs. I was dropping around 200-300 dollars a month on cigs, so yeah. It doesn't take much for me to justify 150.00 (after tank, expansion kit, shipping) on a good tank. I remember a few months ago I dropped 35 bucks on a tank. Stopped using it after 2 days due to it leaking.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Nice write up access!

I like the size of the Prime. The K5 amd KM3 vape just as well but the K5 is a behemoth and the KM3 is really tall. I use my Prime on my JAC Series B DNA 75 which is a very small mod. The Prime is perfect for it. My KM3 stays atop my Radius. The K5 works well on the Radius as well but I just like the smaller profile.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Seeing differences in primes? In @access previous post I hear mention of top caps compared to k5, it's weird because I just took off both and compared and tbh, they seem very similiar...yes the k5 has a longer nipple , but besides that, they seem just about the same in terms of gauge on the flat part and I know and don't feel like I can bend it, not even close....as for jc , it's definitely something that needs to break in, but in my case, it's exactly the same as my K5 and actually smoother then my km3's. .....as for jc turns, it's all in the amount of tails one stuffs into the channels. On my builds, I start seeing bubbles at one turn and finish around 1.5 turns, and yes, it takes a slight bit more for one to adjust the AF at this JF increment....

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Is the draw on this thing looser than the KFL v2 when set to max air?

If it is at all looser than that, I'd probably consider getting it, otherwise, no.

I'll be watching for what folks have to say about your ? too. Size-wise for smaller mods the KFL v2 in 'nano' mode is nice but the draw is a bit too tight for me. If the Prime is 'looser' it could move from my wish list to my want list.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yes its more open on the bigger air settings, and tighter on the smallest setting. To me its about the same as setting 2.
    There is something for everyone when it comes to MTL.
    For me (I like a real tight draw) setting 1 is a bit to tight. Settings 4-6 is a bit to open. Then again I actually spend time with her now and again on 6. Its so damn smooth and the flavour bursts on the open setting. Man this is some tank !!!

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Seeing differences in primes? In @access previous post I hear mention of top caps compared to k5, it's weird because I just took off both and compared and tbh, they seem very similiar...yes the k5 has a longer nipple , but besides that, they seem just about the same in terms of gauge on the flat part and I know and don't feel like I can bend it, not even close....as for jc , it's definitely something that needs to break in, but in my case, it's exactly the same as my K5 and actually smoother then my km3's. .....as for jc turns, it's all in the amount of tails one stuffs into the channels. On my builds, I start seeing bubbles at one turn and finish around 1.5 turns, and yes, it takes a slight bit more for one to adjust the AF at this JF increment....

Interesting.

If it is at all looser than that, I'd probably consider getting it, otherwise, no.
    JW, I pulled the air adjustment screw out of my KFL+ and had my Prime wide open. I did an A-B test. Back and forth, back and forth. I conclude that the Prime wide open is at least as airy as the KFL+ wide open...perhaps the Prime is a little airier but not by leaps and bounds. The Prime is definitely airier than the original KFL. Used stock tips on all of them.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    If we go by the numbers...KF lite + has a 1.5mm air inlet. The Kayfun prime has from 1 -2 mm. I'll take it apart tonight and measure the individual holes but my thinking is... 1.0,1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0.
    That theoretically puts the Kayfun lite + at between holes 3 and 4.
    The thing is draw is just as subjective as flavour...:p
    Its high time I think someone invents a vapedraw meter so PBUSARDO can test and report on the precise air flows :headbang:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread