AVE Maple Melody, problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Before I email AVE I wanted to get some input from the forum.

I posted last week that I was finally going to try these guys. My order arrived today, and, well, I have issues. Just to clarify, this is the site I ordered from

Sweet Flavors : Alien Visions E-Juice, Satisfaction Guaranteed

Just to be sure I didn't get the clone site, which I don't think I did.

Maple Melody is the color and consistency of used motor oil and tastes of nothing so much as burned plastic. It is positively unvapeable.

Boba's bounty is faint but okay for about two hits before it burns the crap out of my throat. I ordered in 6 mg and this is what the bottle says as well. GJ is okay but faint. I initially wasn't going to order that last one but decided I should give it a shot.

I have two questions for you all: Has anyone else ordered Maple Melody and had a different experience? Does Boba's normally have a kick your patootey throat hit? The BB makes me wonder if there was a mixup in nic level because it vapes like 36 mg.

I'm asking this because I am wondering if a mistake was somehow made with my order. I am not trying to slam the vendor in any way, stuff happens, but I want some feedback so I know whether or not to contact them or just chalk it up as a "not for me"

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
I am a Boba and Gorilla juice lover. I have heard some things about how recent orders taste very chemically and bad. The owners swear the recipe has not changed. I have a nice stock if old Boba. But I just got a new Gorilla Juice and it does seem a bit off. You might want to email them and see about replacing it. At least you're letting them know there is a problem. Can't hurt.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
My first BB purchase (from Alien VISIONS!!) was 3 days ago.....I got 24mg nic.....
So far I've only dripped it -- haven't committed a tank to it (YET!!!;))...
But I noticed it DID have a kick, like an unfiltered vs filtered "stinkie"....NOT bad FLAVOR, just more throat hit than I had expected....
Especially from 100% VG!!
Now that I'm used to this.....I have NO complaints about the quality of AVE Boba's!!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

liltommy

Sep 2, 2013
waldorf,md,usa
I also am very disappointed in the bobas that I got. I thought they must have messed up making it. The only thing I tasted was a slight peppery flavor. Since I only got the small bottle I decided to just let it go though. I'm hoping they messes it up or going by everybody's else option of it' my taste buds must really be messes up.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I find that higher nic content juice burns my throat and even my mouth, now that I have dropped from 24mg to 6 mg. That is what I was basing my opinion on. As it turns out, I think I just burned my coil because the BB is now okay. I'm using an evod. The GJ is okay too.

The maple melody got pitched though..something was definitely not right there and it wasn't my equipment.

My order was small too, and I don't feel like putting the energy into going any further with it. I honestly like GLV El Kamino better so far. Was just kind of shocking after looking forward to trying it and seeing what all the hype was about, and having it be my most disappointing vapemail so far.

Thanks all for your opinions!

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
that's really strange. I have been vaping gorilla juice 18mg nic for almost a year now. never had any problems. BUT, it does sound like there has been a mix up. for over a year I vaped banana cream pie from roar, and it always tasted good. until one day I bought a 55ml bottle and it tasted HORRIBLE. and I knew exactly what a good batch tasted like. so I immediately knew something was way off. that was the day I stopped ordering juice and got into DIY. but I still get 30ml bottles of gorilla juice every once in a while.

Actually

Oct 1, 2013
Kentucky
I find that higher nic content juice burns my throat and even my mouth, now that I have dropped from 24mg to 6 mg. That is what I was basing my opinion on. As it turns out, I think I just burned my coil because the BB is now okay. I'm using an evod. The GJ is okay too.

The maple melody got pitched though..something was definitely not right there and it wasn't my equipment.

My order was small too, and I don't feel like putting the energy into going any further with it. I honestly like GLV El Kamino better so far. Was just kind of shocking after looking forward to trying it and seeing what all the hype was about, and having it be my most disappointing vapemail so far.

Thanks all for your opinions!

I was just about to ask if you had tried the juices on a fresh coil/wick, until I saw this.

In the past, I've hastily judged many of my liquids as tasting bad, simply because I neglected to try them on fresh equipment first. I wanted to make sure that you weren't making the same mistake that I have.

I'm glad to hear that you think that BB and GJ are "okay". I, too, expected much more out of them, given the hype. But, I do still think that there's some merit to the hype, because while I too just find them "okay" in terms of flavor, I do very much appreciate the fact that the flavor (IMO) is somewhat subdued, and I don't tire of them nearly as quickly as some other liquids. Some liquids I don't want to go through a whole tank of, but I can get through a whole tank of BB or GJ and not be sick of it, yet.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
I got three sample bottles from AVE a few weeks ago: BB, Blend 4 and Christy's Cappuccino. Steeped them for a week and they were tasteless to me. Waited another week. I tried Boba's again yesterday. Tasteless. Blend 4 had a little taste but not even enough for me to say what it tasted like. I don't think I have vaper's tongue because I can taste the other juices I have from different vendors. I don't know what's going on.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I have no experience with AVE juices. However, I have had similar problems with maple flavors from two other vendors. The Maple Rum Tobacco from Vapor Bomb is very dark. It smells of maple. When vaping it, I get no rum or tobacco, just a really strange taste, and on the exhale, the only way I can describe it is "skunky". To me, it is terrible. Yes, it was steeped. On the other hand, their waffle has maple in it. The waffle is light liquid, and has a very pleasant flavor. A bit more maple flavor than I wanted, but very pleasant. The other maple I had a problem with is the French Toast from The Vapor Room. I was very glad that it was my free sample for my first order. It came to me very dark, but with a pleasant maple scent. I tried some the day it arrived, got maple, not French toast flavor on the inhale, and the "skunky" taste on the exhale. My daughter did not like the scent of the vapor, either. I let it steep for a week, tried it again. It was not quite as bad, but still tasted odd. After my experience with the Maple Rum Tobacco, I just dumped the rest of the bottle. Maybe it is the other flavorings that companies use that react with the maple to make it that dark? All I know is that I had 2 maple flavors that I perceived as awful. It takes a lot to make me dump a juice - most of the time I put the stuff I am not crazy about on the side for emergencies, but to my taste these were nasty. I did finish the Vapor Bomb by mixing it heavily with other flavors - I only had a 5 ml bottle. The French Toast from The Vapor Room was a 15 ml bottle. I did not steep the French Toast for more than a week before I pitched it. The Maple Rum Tobacco was steeped for about 2 weeks before I even tried it. Anyone have a similar experience, or any idea what causes this, other than taste perception? I use a cigalike from Vapor 9 with their blank cartos.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I recently tried AVE recently. Boba's, Gorilla Juice (YUM), and Clove (Oh, the horror!). I do find they are hard on the throat. I have the same problem you do. I find this to only happen with high VG juices. You know how some people are sensitive to PG? I happen to be sensitive to VG. But sometimes I like it. Especially when it's Gorilla Juice. I do ok if I only use it every now and then in a 510 dripper, just as an occasional treat. Can't vape it all the time, though.

raverj

Nov 23, 2013
United States
I recently tried AVE recently. Boba's, Gorilla Juice (YUM), and Clove (Oh, the horror!). I do find they are hard on the throat. I have the same problem you do. I find this to only happen with high VG juices. You know how some people are sensitive to PG? I happen to be sensitive to VG. But sometimes I like it. Especially when it's Gorilla Juice. I do ok if I only use it every now and then in a 510 dripper, just as an occasional treat. Can't vape it all the time, though.

I love Bobas. I just ordered a 100ml bottle, along with Dream Berries and Watermelon Overload. Both in an 18ml bottle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread