Average shelf life of a vape mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
Wow, you guys are hilarious. Thank you for all of the great information guys. In regards to how long a product stays on the shelf... I think it really comes down to manufacturer and popularity. It sounds like some products stay on the shelf for decades, while others could last as little a few months.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I have never had one go bad other than the very first one I purchased. It was a Vision Spinner that I dropped a billion times and ended up throwing away. I have 'paid it forward' with every device I've owned since then. As far as I know they are still going.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Just a word: Provari

They were designed and built to be safe and to last long. They did not sell a new model every other month. They used a very reliable chip. They had great consumer service. They were a company I believe was true to their principles and I'm sad that lots of smokers won't have a chance to try them.

Yes, I love my Provaris

#prayformexico

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
And I say rebuildables for a reason stop trying to look for coils after about the first two months they're already obsolete they come out with a different coil design almost everyday and it gets ridiculous because the coil design doesn't change it's just the number of coils in there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
As for me personally I have three regulated devices one of them I use all the time one of them I bought because I thought I was going to like it and the other one is still in the plastic because it was given to me as a gift I have to dna250 devices once a Vapor Shark and one is a Triad I do not like the Triad I thought I was going to and I regret that purchase a couple days after I got it so I got myself a Vapor Shark I like the form factor better and also like just having to buy one battery not three

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
And of course the "here today, gone tomorrow" for factory coils. What is it about vapers

Harumph. Protank II coils are still in production, four years after their introduction. Kanger did give up the silica wicks, though.

And then there are those who lament the demise of the Amiga and Commodore 64.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My older brother still has a working Commodore 64! He nostalgias it out every once in a while, that was a thing of Great Fascination to the boys in the household. I believe my older brother learned to program on that thing.... If only he still had dial up, the kind that would kick him OFF the internet if anyone picked up another phone... LOL.

I wish I still had *my* original apple, well, I *think* I had an apple II in college? That thing was pretty great, as was the MacBook Pro I bought in the early 2000s when they were still good. I just went in there one day and said, "Show me the best/most expensive computer here," and didn't worry much about features, I selected the silver, and just spent more time (I think) actually choosing the backpack/case I would carry it in. The little apple guy must have been, "This is the easiest commission I ever made." But, I could NOT destroy that thing, had it for years, and sometimes wish I still did. Nothing else really compared and there is no way I'm buying an apple product *now*, god no.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread