Avocado 24 loud popping and spitting back

Status
Not open for further replies.

XontriAntilopi

Jan 24, 2017
Hi everyone,
so I have have this Avocado 24. I use Koh Gen Do cotton and I cut the tails short just 1-2 mm inside down the wholes. First one or two puffs after I wick the coils are fine but after it starts doing some loud popping and spitting back out of the airflow and tip. I am using the ready coils which are made out of Clapton wire, I thinks is 2.5mm, one coil is 0.8 ohm and I buid it with 2 coils. I vape on 30-35 watts. I vape 70VG/30PG Dinner Lady lemon tart (its quite thick e-juice) Any ideas what could be wrong with it? Thanks

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hi everyone,
so I have have this Avocado 24. I use Koh Gen Do cotton and I cut the tails short just 1-2 mm inside down the wholes. First one or two puffs after I wick the coils are fine but after it starts doing some loud popping and spitting back out of the airflow and tip. I am using the ready coils which are made out of Clapton wire, I thinks is 2.5mm, one coil is 0.8 ohm and I buid it with 2 coils. I vape on 30-35 watts. I vape 70VG/30PG Dinner Lady lemon tart (its quite thick e-juice) Any ideas what could be wrong with it? Thanks
Did you try raising the wattage? That's what I heard when you get popping & spitback there's not enough heat going through the coil, so it just sputters & spits. It's worth a try until someone else jumps in.

XontriAntilopi

Jan 24, 2017
Did you try raising the wattage? That's what I heard when you get popping & spitback there's not enough heat going through the coil, so it just sputters & spits. It's worth a try until someone else jumps in.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't tried in higher tempreture because I was afraid not to burn it. In your oppinion at what wattage should I vape?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hi everyone,
Whenever this happens to me, it's usually because I didn't use enough cotton.

If you aren't using enough cotton, that means juice could be pooling around your build too quickly, which would cause spitback and popping.

I would try what Heartsdelight suggested first, and then if that doesn't fix it, I can almost guarantee you don't have enough cotton going thru your coils. Good luck!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks everyone. I've tried with more cotton, I've tried with less.. Nothing works :facepalm: The only thing I haven't tried yet is what Vapefiend said about stop fluffing the ends. Lets see how this works..
Sorry it didn't work :( let us know what happens when you don't fluff the wick ends.

Reactions: Petabread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread