Avocado. Is it really good? But why are there so little reviews for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMoL

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden and UK
I like this tank so much, I just ordered a second.

I will share with you what I have found to be my favourite way to wick the Avocado. First of all, I only use single coil mode, and use the chamber-reducer.

I found a video on YouTube (sorry, can't link as YT is blocked from my current location) - search for "Avocado Hybrid Mesh" and you should find a video (in French, but you don't really need the sound) of how to do the hybrid mesh "legs" down into the tank with cotton through the coil just touching the top of the mesh legs.

This technique works brilliantly. I used 400 SS mesh (what I had on hand) and this thing is wicking great, even with 80VG juice. I am using a 3mm ID Twisted 28g SS316L coil (7 wraps for 0.6ohms), wicked with Muji cotton. There's quite a lot of cotton on the deck, but it never dries out (unless the tank does).

Two other advantages of this type of wicking I have noticed. Firstly, it almost never leaks - it fell over in my pocket yesterday as was on the side for 30 mins or so, not a drop of leakage. Secondly - rewicking is super easy, as it's just like rewicking a dripper - you don't have to mess with the legs in the tank.

You don't even need to oxidise the mesh as it's only touching the negative side of the circuit - I do in fact give the mesh a quick burn and rinse, but just to get rid of any oil/contaminants on the mesh.

I hope this helps someone to enjoy their avocado even more.

meekaah

Apr 21, 2014
MONTPELLIER
I love mine! Got a single fused clapton in it at the mo, 5.5 wraps, 2x0.5mm kanthal wrapped with 0.16mm SS316L, looks and vapes beautifully on my wismec skyladon. I've only wicked with cotton, but I've tried a few methods and settled on wicking it like a dripper, or the aromamizer, partially to speed up the juice flow, partially because it doesn't require the tank to be disassembled to rewick. I cut the wicks short enough that the tails just sit on the base, but don't choke the juice holes (so air can get in), and basically use it like a dripper with a tank underneath that's fed by tilting it. I've had zero leaks (besides using it like a dripper and overdripping), and excellent flavour. It's very versatile too, though I'd say it's closer to an RTA or RDA than a genesis tank.
man i love you! i've been trying to get it to whick better having a 100% VG diy juice and man this works magic thanks

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I like this tank so much, I just ordered a second.

I will share with you what I have found to be my favourite way to wick the Avocado. First of all, I only use single coil mode, and use the chamber-reducer.

I found a video on YouTube (sorry, can't link as YT is blocked from my current location) - search for "Avocado Hybrid Mesh" and you should find a video (in French, but you don't really need the sound) of how to do the hybrid mesh "legs" down into the tank with cotton through the coil just touching the top of the mesh legs.

This technique works brilliantly. I used 400 SS mesh (what I had on hand) and this thing is wicking great, even with 80VG juice. I am using a 3mm ID Twisted 28g SS316L coil (7 wraps for 0.6ohms), wicked with Muji cotton. There's quite a lot of cotton on the deck, but it never dries out (unless the tank does).

Two other advantages of this type of wicking I have noticed. Firstly, it almost never leaks - it fell over in my pocket yesterday as was on the side for 30 mins or so, not a drop of leakage. Secondly - rewicking is super easy, as it's just like rewicking a dripper - you don't have to mess with the legs in the tank.

You don't even need to oxidise the mesh as it's only touching the negative side of the circuit - I do in fact give the mesh a quick burn and rinse, but just to get rid of any oil/contaminants on the mesh.

I hope this helps someone to enjoy their avocado even more.

Jesus, i was thinking of buying one so checked out that video, and for the love of god that Frenchist spends so much time dicking around with his coil build (i tend to think most people doing reviews spend too much time playing with their "precious" just normally) i wanted to reach into the screen and slap him for unnecessary fiddling

This is the video im talking about and assume you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread