Baby beast is leaking worse then real babys, true fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

caccemannen

Oct 13, 2017
Norway
I have a week old Baby beast and im having serious issues with leakage.
Its thru the airflow holes on the bottom piece, it even floods my battery chamber on the Istick Pico Mega .. that cant be good.
Ive tried everything but changing the seals, seems to me that since its a brand new tank the issue cant be the seal rings.

I close the airflow when i fill the tank, i never overfill and never let it go dry.
It came with the melo3, so I have a back up tank, but when the baby beast works I feel personaly its a better fit for me and a better tank, but im all out of ideas on what the cause could be.
Ive also changed coils just be sure, but to no avail.

The tank get so much praise it must be a fix I just dont know about, so if you have an idea dont be shy and hand over your knowledge :)
thx in advance
thomas

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a week old Baby beast and im having serious issues with leakage.
Its thru the airflow holes on the bottom piece, it even floods my battery chamber on the Istick Pico Mega .. that cant be good.
Ive tried everything but changing the seals, seems to me that since its a brand new tank the issue cant be the seal rings.

I close the airflow when i fill the tank, i never overfill and never let it go dry.
It came with the melo3, so I have a back up tank, but when the baby beast works I feel personaly its a better fit for me and a better tank, but im all out of ideas on what the cause could be.
Ive also changed coils just be sure, but to no avail.

The tank get so much praise it must be a fix I just dont know about, so if you have an idea dont be shy and hand over your knowledge :)
thx in advance
thomas
Hi and welcome,
Take tank to bits. wash and dry.
replace all o-rings with spares.
Tighten snugly.

Cheers
I

Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pay particular attention to how your coil is seated after you wash everything and change the O-rings and use a new coil, in case the one you have is bad (I believe that can happen in the Beast and Baby beast).

Props to you for your TITLE :lol: and best of luck.

If you do all that and it's still leaking maybe bring it to a B&M establishment to see if they can help you isolate the leak, if you have one near you that's decent.

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Starting with the least likely, check out any videos or diagrams showing all and placement of O-rings, then check your tank assembly matches. I have had two tanks (don't remember which they were, but doesn't matter) that came with one missing an O-ring and another that had a tank O-ring on upside down.

If that all checks out OK, check the O-rings on the coil and make certain the coil/chimney connection isn't cross threaded. That happened to me with a new tank and it is very hard to tell. I held it up to a bright, white background and slowly rotated the tank until I noticed a very slight gap on one side between the glass and the top. Once used for a while, I don't seem to have any problem with that, but am probably a little more careful assembling it now.

Good luck and hope you get it working for you!

caccemannen

Oct 13, 2017
Norway
Apperently SMOK has some big issues in manufacturing of their coils, being the seal doesnt sit right, so one must check each coil and twist them in the bottom so they sit straight, this goes for all coils, i watched a video where he pulled 5 different types of SMOK coils straight from the box and they where all crooked, hence leaking thru the airflow vents .. another issue is the top seal where you fill hole is, its creating a vacuum pressing juice out the bottom, so that needs checking.
I have changed all seals, but need to check the coil now, will come back to if this fixed the issue after a bit of vaping. lets hope it does.
here is the video for people having the same issue :

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
That video is on coils for the full TFV8, not the Baby or Big Baby Beast coils. I have the full TFV8 and am not only familiar with the problem, but make sure I check and adjust every coil I install which has eliminated any problems with that tank and its coils. But since it is a bit of a pain, the TFV8's use is somewhat limited.

As far as the coils for the Baby and Big Baby, between the two, I have a total of 5 and I have never had the same (or even close) problems shown in the video (even though he said he sees them). Maybe I am just lucky, but using those tanks for over a year now and have never had leaking problems or even bother checking a coil when installing.

Given my (and other's) positive experiences while others evidently have ongoing problems really leaves me wondering why?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That video is on coils for the full TFV8, not the Baby or Big Baby Beast coils. I have the full TFV8 and am not only familiar with the problem, but make sure I check and adjust every coil I install which has eliminated any problems with that tank and its coils. But since it is a bit of a pain, the TFV8's use is somewhat limited.

As far as the coils for the Baby and Big Baby, between the two, I have a total of 5 and I have never had the same (or even close) problems shown in the video (even though he said he sees them). Maybe I am just lucky, but using those tanks for over a year now and have never had leaking problems or even bother checking a coil when installing.

Given my (and other's) positive experiences while others evidently have ongoing problems really leaves me wondering why?
I have two Baby Beast tanks and never had a leak either. But I cut my vaping teeth on the original Protank/Evod coil and know to check the seal at the pin.

The Protank was one of the first tank designs to put the atomizing coil at the bottom of the tank. Poor QC by Kanger produced a gazillion coils that leaked because of the same problem shown in the video. Kanger fixed the problem with a new coil design and a new version of the tank, the Protank II. It pretty much changed the vaping world. Now, I believe the only delivery devices with atomizers at the top are the Genesis style RTA's and the throwaway CE4 clearomizes.

I've had several Baby Beast coil heads with cockeyed pin seals caused by the coil legs not being properly bent and press fit between the insulator and the outer shell of the head. I didn't stick the coil in the tank until I did what the guy in the video did. It's exactly the same problem people had four years ago--poor QC by the manufacturer.

What's different now is that the coil heads are about three times the cost of the Protank coils. People who don't know any better are tossing out a $3.00 coil instead of a $1 coil.

BTW, Smok produced a clone of the Evod called the Aro, which is a glass tank with an Aluminum outer case. They leaked, too.

All this is to say that Smok coulda shoiulda woulda learned the lesson a long time ago.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
2 causes from my side. 1. Coil not tightened properly. I use non powered latex gloves or leather gloves when changing coils. The grip is so good and I know the coil is super tight. 2. Coils might be fake. I press the base of the coil and basically squeezes it for a good minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I would disassemble the tank and check every o ring is seated properly. I had a new tank where the O ring at the airflow was pinched up on one side. It would of been a major leak if I hadn't of found it, also inspect glass for any cracks or chips. I once had a minor chip in a TFV8 that caused leaking. Now check that your coil is installed and tightened. Now check your silicone top fill. Is it situated with the ridge up or down? the ridge should be up. if there are any tears , replace it. Hope this helps, good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread