1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Back to Basics

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SoonerChris, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Been vaping for about 6 months now. Started simple with a TWIST and clearomizers. Since then I have used mechs, tube mods, RBAs, RDAs, tank systems, etc.

Here's my question. Has anyone ever just gone back to the simple eGos and, say, a Protank from all of the expensive, mechanical, rebuildable stuff? There's no telling how much money I have in my current stuff. :blink:

2. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've seen it happen but not often. There was a thread a few days ago form a vaper asking for suggestions for good cig-a-likes. I remember one of his mods was a Provari. Got tired of the big toys and just wanted to go back to small stuff. Whatever works for someone is the best gear for them :thumb:

3. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I ever left the basics?

Yes I use mechs and rebuildables. My main vape these days is a REO Grand + RM2.

BUT

I still have 5 ego batterys sitting here that get used daily. I flat prefer them for driving or watching TV at night when I am likely to fall asleep and drop them.

There is room for all type of vape gear in anyone's tacklebox. :)

4. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I still use my eGo's daily although I have mods to use.

5. vjc0628

vjc0628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I occasionally use my ego twist and evod when out and about
    but it is really amazing what a downgrade in flavor it is compared to RDA

6. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Super Member ECF Veteran

Does a hybrid approach count? My "sitting at home setup" is a Zen-Atty-Pro on top of a Provari. Love it. But when I am out of the house and on the go, I just use a simple eGo stick with a mini-Davide. It gives a pretty damn good vape, is easy to pocket, and if I break or lose it I'm not out a lot of money.

7. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    When out fishing/boating/diving, I still use my ol' eGo batts with da near archaic eMDCCs; KI$$.

8. DavidOck

DavidOck Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have mods, Spinners and auto sticks. The sticks are great for hands free vaping, as long as I put something in the lower end of resistance on them (Think Vivi Nano, or LR cartos).

Don't see any particular reason to be exclusive. Different devices for different times. Sometimes a Spinner on a lanyard is really convenient. Sometimes I'm doing things that might put a spendy mod at risk...

9. Criticalmass

Criticalmass Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

More than most people would think I bet. I think it's odd that people will spend 200.00 on a mod but will then use their eGo's for out-and-about.-- To me that's like owning a nice car and then putting it on a trailer any time you want to take it somewhere. Then again I spend a lot of my time these days trying to slim-down the amount of gadgets I need to maintain. I already have too many. hehe. And I don't have a huge collection of firearms either. I have exactly two now, after years of having all types.

10. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nope not strange at all. I LOVE my REO but I have small hands and I just can't manage the heavy REO AND a steering wheel at the same time. Hence I drive with an ego bat.

Add in the fact that here the cops are pretty ignorant of the various vaping devices. My vamo while out and about has cause me to be pulled over twice by a cop checking for drug paraphernalia. Yep ego while driving is much smarter for me.

11. Ranic85

Ranic85 Moved On

I started out with egos, went to a vamo v3/genesis, then moved to a legacy, quickly got tired of that. Moved to a smoktech magneto/Nimbus. Got tired of that bought me an Atom Mech mod, and I have a trident V2 in the mail. I gave my egos and kanger protanks to my neighbor to get off cigarettes. All it did was make him smoke cigarettes and vape. I don't think he has any intention of quitting the stinkies.

12. DasBluCig

DasBluCig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Been there....done that!!!:D
    Down to just ONE now.....but not too long ago I could have put Nicholas Cage ("The Lords of War") to shame!!!
    Sometimes....less....is MORE!! Allows me to concentrate my energy/time -- and know my "device" intimately!!;)

13. Rabbit Chaser

Rabbit Chaser Senior Member ECF Veteran

Last week I bought a step-up ecig...the K101. LOVE the flavor, hate dripping. Returned to my sexy eGo with ProTank Mini II due to battery life and ease of use. It is as basic as you can get. Being a female, I find it awkward to carry around a larger rebuildable, even if it is a lovely shade of purple. I am guessing I will step up from there to a Twist or Spinner next but love the size of the eGo. Oh well. I tried!I guess I am just a basics person who likes simplicity in my life. And it works for me.

[​IMG]

14. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My constant and ongoing quest is ALWAYS to find the smallest satisfying vape experience.
    I have Chucks and a Mini Reo but I only use my 650 mah Twists at this point.

The best thing for keeping things small is dripping.
    And it just so happens that I find that the easiest method of vaping, so I guess I'm all set for now.

I just want a smaller variable voltage battery at this point.
    :)

15. Jonner

Jonner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a Provari Mini, a GP Paps in 18350 mode, Ego Twist, Vision Spinner, Eroll, SD Keychain Maxi, Kayfun Lite (RBA), Evods, Protanks, Aspire BDCs. I use them all almost on a daily basis. Although the GP Paps with Kayfun is my main vape, it's nice to have something smaller for out and about. Variety is the spice of life.

16. pcrdude

pcrdude Moved On ECF Veteran

MVP w/ protank 2 @ home (or eVic), EVOD w/ 450 mAh mini for work.

PLUS, it's easier to shift my manual transmission car with the mini in my hand.

YMMV

17. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

It's all just different ways to do the same thing is all, or haven't you noticed that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Why when it isn't all that hard to make both taste the same.
    I don't take my Perazzi chucker hunting either, I have an old 1100 for that.

Just in case you don't know what a Perazzi is
    [​IMG]

18. DavidOck

DavidOck Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    To me, the variety is part of what's good about vaping. We can each find the setup we like and use.

If that means trying a big mod and not liking it, so what? I'm not trying to please anyone except myself.

And while I could take a Ferrari off-roading, a Jeep might be a better choice. Unless the Ferrari is rented...

Or I could wear a tux when cleaning the pig pen, but the overalls there might be a better choice.

To me, it's having the choice that's good.

And having only one device, whatever it is, is just plain inviting trouble. Sure, I can now get a Blu most anywhere, for an emergency. But I'd rather have backups, backups to them, and alternatives in house.

19. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use my eGo's and x6's all the time when I go out an about. Lose an ego and protank, I'm out $30 bucks. Lose an ELA and a Kayfun, and I'm out $300 to $400. Drop an ELA with a Kayfun and I wouldn't actually be out that $300 to $400, but looking at the scratches on that beautiful stainless would make me cry.

20. degnr8

degnr8 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I went from cigalikes to my own mods pretty quickly and just got a reo grand. I'm loving it and will probably use it almost exclusively. I've put my V-mod in a drawer and am going to PIF my egos to a co-worker. That said, I'm thinking about getting a cheap cigalike autobatt setup for the times when I really want to vape but need both hands free like working on the car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.