Status
Not open for further replies.

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Company name
Backwoods Brew​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
25 June 2014​
How did you contact the supplier
Email​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
-​
General nature of complaint
Shipping​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
First off, let me state - the initial error could have been either on my mother's part as I do not have access to a checking card or credit card and she placed the order for me. Either she or the website confirmed the wrong shipping address.

That being said - My mother sent one email, and I sent two explaining that our receipt was showing the incorrect shipping address and if they could please change it. There is no way to contact this vendor by phone, so we used the email linked on their website by clicking "contact us".

BWB replied saying the address I gave them for correction was what was showing on the receipt. I typed the address again to confirm and said "as long as this is the address showing on the shipping label we should be fine".

I received a shipping confirmation from BWB showing the incorrect address, and a week later via USPS tracking number I see that they have tried to deliver to a nonexistent address. I sent another email, expressing my disappointment and frustration with being told this wouldn't be an issue and to let them know the package had been "returned to sender". They never replied. Looking at my tracking number, the package never made it back to NY where the package was originally sent from. It made it to NJ, and then went back to my home state of TN. It has been sitting in Nashville for at least a week now, stating "expected delivery July 30th". Mind you the order was made on the 25th of June, I gave them the correct shipping address immediately, and the next day received an email stating that the address I gave them as a correction was what was showing.

I sent them another email today, asking if they'd been in contact with USPS and if they were able to correct the address, since the package seemed it was back in Tennessee, reiterating my frustration with being told the correct address was shown in the first place when this was obviously incorrect.

Rather than address my concerns, I received an email asking why customers choose to ..... at BWB when the post office makes a mistake.

Yes.. this is the language in the email I received from BWB. I pointed out to them that the "mistake" was made before the package was even shipped, that I'd taken steps to correct the mistake before the package was shipped, and that as the vendor/shipper - they are in fact the customers of USPS, and therefore the only people capable of telling me what had been done to correct the issue, whether or not the package ever made it to them so they could put the correct address on it. At this point I would just like my package or my money returned to me. I will never order from a business with such a lack in professionalism again. I have worked in customer service, and never once have I pointed out to a customer that "they're .....ing at me" when something doesn't work out as expected. As a vendor they are the only ones who can correct the issue with USPS, and instead of addressing my concerns they just want me to stop ".....ing".

I am absolutely in love with their Applewood flavored e-juice... but after this experience I will only be dealing with local vendors only. This is not the first e-juice vendor who has shown this kind of attitude when I had a question about an order. And what can I say? If you can't be professional, and considerate to the concerns of your customers... you don't deserve to be in business.​

*edited to correct the dates of my order and to clarify that they had been in contact before the item was shipped to assure me there would be no issue, only for it to be sent to a non-existent address*

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
I briefly spoke to Don yesterday. I will follow up with him today. At the point that you contacted him initially, the package has already been processed and was in route to the PO.

I manage the site and database on their site. The incorrect address was input on the customer side. Any situation like this is unfortunate but the customer is in control of the entered data. THat said there are certainly some other issues.

Your package arrived back in NY yesterday. I will post back as soon as I have more information.

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Customer being in control of the data or not, she believed it was entered correctly when she clicked the button. That being said - I've never denied the possibility of user error, however there was communication made to correct any and all issues before the package was shipped. And let me put it to you this way. After that contact, and it being sent to the incorrect address - The company never took any steps to acknowledge that they themselves had made a mistake by telling us it would be going to the correct address, when it did not. When I informed them it was being returned to sender I got no kind of response, no apology, no "hey we'll let you know when it gets here" and when i inquired 2 weeks later, instead of an apology and a simple response like "Hey, we're sorry for the mistake, we haven't received the package yet and haven't been able to make the address correction" they accused me of .....ing them. So, we have established that it went beyond user error, and we have established that they were contacted before shipment was made, and they were back in contact to assure us there would be no issue before shipment is made.

At this point I am not mad that a mistake was made involving both parties.. however - the customer service regarding the issue was indeed very lacking and rude. So my negative review still stands. I will be looking for that refund. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread