Bad Breath

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Lemeduit, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lemeduit

Lemeduit Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

So I'm still very much a newbie. Have any of you gotten bad breath from vaping? My breath has been raging. I'm attributing to the dry factor. No doubt vaping is a lot more mouth drying than analog smoking but should it be effecting me this adversely?

2. rookbartley989

rookbartley989 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well in my case my girlfriend suggested that perhaps my breath has always been rank and it was just being masked by the cigarette smell. I do find that after a while of not smoking and proper brushing it goes away or it gets used to lol

Ron -

3. Forkeh

Forkeh Super Member ECF Veteran

Check your tonsils. I find that inhaling anything but air tends to give me tonsil stones. They smell bad. Just massage your tonsil with your finger, they'll pop out. Smoking was worse for me though.

4. Lemeduit

No tonsils. Have to say that is something I've never heard of.

5. Makai

Makai Full Member

If you were a smoker before that may simply mean your sense of smell and taste improves because you stopped smoking. Also remember to drink more if you have a dry mouth.

6. Sev00

Sev00 Super Member ECF Veteran

I have not heard of this one. Is it you that noticed the breath or a friend or partner? If its you, I would just think you are regaining your since of smell and taste, which analogs kill. In any case for most users, any side effects like dry mouth, soar through disapate after 10 to 14 days.

Remember halitosis won't kill you, but analogs certainly will.

Sev

7. aurea

aurea Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Actually, this could be related to dehydration which seems to be a fairly common side effect of vaping. Drink lots of water!

8. proudlion

proudlion Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

9. leftfeild

leftfeild Super Member ECF Veteran

Another vote for dehydration.

Some oral hygene will go a little way - brush your tongue, use mouthwash twice a day.

I also chew sugarfree gum to keep my saliva levels up which really seems to help keep dry mouth at bay.

Also, drink a lot more water than you are now and avoid sugary drinks if possible.

10. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had bad for a while after I quit smoking, I put it off to the cigarette breath covering up the bad breath.

11. Boston_Florida

Boston_Florida Full Member Verified Member

I don't know about the bad breathe but the dehydration i can tell you from my own experiences is that vaping dose dehydrate you a lot. Drink lots of water and you should be fine and not have any problems. Good luck!!!:vapor:

12. Lemeduit

Drank a lot of water today. Seems to be better. My wife is the one who noticed it originally but I could taste a bit of funk as well.

13. aurea

aurea Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had the same issue (but not with the wife LOL). A co-worker passed me gum one day. Seriously I wanted to crawl under the table and die. Here I've spent 25+ years trying to eliminate smoking smell I switch to vaping and I get bad breath! I mean DANG if that doesn't just stink (pun intended :) ).

So, I did a little reading and found out dehydration is a major cause of bad breath. I kicked up the water by at least triple. When you drink the water don't just drink it down, swish it around your mouth. Long story short you want to get those bad germs washed out; a little swishing goes a long way.

As far as I'm concerned another perk to vaping! I'm drinking way more water and not drinking as much crappy stuff.

14. Tuaphm

Tuaphm Full Member

in my two cents worth. I believe it is all about oral hygiene. Nothing do to smoking or vaping.

15. Lemeduit

I'm 38. Brush and floss like I've been doing it my whole life. Don't think that is the issue. It's only been since I started vaping a couple weeks ago.

16. dwsp77

dwsp77 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

another vote to drinking more water.. my wife says it helps.. LOTS.

she should know.. =PPP

17. StartLifeEndLife

StartLifeEndLife Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had/have same issue, my gf noticed when i first switched to vaping, but now she says my breath smells like alcohol more than bad breath....i dont think there is any pga in my juice and i don't drink, but it doesnt bother me much lol. I did bump up the oral hygiene to three times a day plus mouth wash and drink tons of water. It helps but when i first wake up or miss a brush I can tell its bad.

18. morri

morri ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have found this to help me also. I have always had problems drinking enough water. After I started vaping I noticed an icky feeling in my mouth and general tightness in my throat. I was also having some problems with sinus. One of the precious people on the forum suggested the importance of drinking water and the way the post before me did. I have done so and all the problems have gone away. I drink a lot more water and just feeling more healthy. LOL

Happy Vaping
    Morri

19. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Drink tons of water, brush/floss teeth a couple times a day and use a mouthwash. Water is going to stop the dry mouth.

20. glassmanoak

glassmanoak Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

I have to agree that the smoking masks the bad breath. Vaping might give you bad breath, but it will definitely save your life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.