bad news about my sony vtc 4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having an enjoyable vape! well, more like a very decent vape on ipv4s with .25 coil at 50 watts when suddenly there was no vapor, no flavor, no nothing!
checked screen, ohms showing .26, wattage set to 50 but i got nothing, look at battery gauge showing just under 1/2 battery..3/8's maybe . this is driving in the car... get home remove batteries put on nitecore d2 charger, batteries showing 3.46 volts. i guess at that voltage they can't do 50 watts... stacked total 6.92 volts cannot run 50 watts.. incredibly disappointed, i guess when this happened before i just put them on charge an grabbed another set of batteries or switched mod an never noticed. i was sacrificing vape quality going down to 50 watts so i could make it home with that setup, i really don't want to vape off of my trolling motor battery, but it might come to that !

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Your not saying anything there..
But:
The mod batt shutoff is working perfectly
The batts should be charged at 3.5is 3.6 best
How old are the batts ?
Do you make sure they both are charged off the charger?

They should run 50 watts all day if charged properly
make sure you check them with a DMM

They may be fakes

2100mah 30a cells can run 50 watts til they can lol 3.4v is low considering the sag under load..

Haven't been around in a bit but yes checked with voltmeter an reading within .2 volts of what charger shows, they are new batteries about 2-3 weeks old now i think. I guess i just expected that with battery level showing just under 1/2 charge left on my mod i could still get 50 watts.
*Note- I have not forgotten to bring spare batteries lately.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
3.46 volts is not just under 1/2 charge. It is pretty much drained.
And if you read them after they had not been used for a bit they likely rebounded a bit in voltage before you measured them.
Under load the voltage from those batteries were likely quite a bit lower voltage.

Absolutely that's drained! I never ever like to let my batteries get below 3.5v, and really prefer not to let them get below 3.7v.

Andria

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was having an enjoyable vape! well, more like a very decent vape on ipv4s with .25 coil at 50 watts when suddenly there was no vapor, no flavor, no nothing!
checked screen, ohms showing .26, wattage set to 50 but i got nothing, look at battery gauge showing just under 1/2 battery..3/8's maybe . this is driving in the car... get home remove batteries put on nitecore d2 charger, batteries showing 3.46 volts. i guess at that voltage they can't do 50 watts... stacked total 6.92 volts cannot run 50 watts.. incredibly disappointed, i guess when this happened before i just put them on charge an grabbed another set of batteries or switched mod an never noticed. i was sacrificing vape quality going down to 50 watts so i could make it home with that setup, i really don't want to vape off of my trolling motor battery, but it might come to that !

happened while driving in your car?
Doesn't just make you think, 'why can't I just plug into my car battery'

Reactions: ronmack

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
If I can offer ya some battery advice.

LG HE4 2500mah series batts offer a great power curve for regulated until 3.2v; they can be ran down to the lowest of all IMR batts @2.5v..

Sony's are great until 3.5ish as are most IMR high power batts they are awesome in mech's, in regulated the Samsung and LG's are superior brands.. The samsungs also offer same(actually a tidbit more) power as the lg's until ~3.2ish volts it will vape 50w.. I just like LG's cause what I use lol...

But like Robert posted the saggy batteries will try to climb back up to 3.6v but not have any current capability and as soon as you try firing them they sag huge and thats when you get into hurting the battery..
This is also a reason why in a mech the LG's and Samsungs give ya a false feeling if you haven't noticed they are down in voltage and keep vaping them, you can easily damage them in a mech because as soon as they hit 3.2v you take that 50-70wat vape boom they sag down to 2 volts and are damaged that fast... Sony's will back you off at 3.4v, you will definitely know its drained.. Best thing these batts are not known to vent even when abused so all in all all great batts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread