Bad News! - Aspire BDC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
About my avatar, signature, that's not me, that's Tim Heidecker lol. The comedian. It's from his "Good News - Cigarette juice" commercial.

And for the record about juices, the honest truth is that I've sampled many things, gotten some things to work in certain tanks, yet from at least store samples, on properly working devices, I've never tasted one juice that, in it's intended working state, that I did not like. I'm not a picky guy. I sample every single juice on a vendor's hardware before I buy (the one exception being my new VCV juice, which smells great - haven't tried it yet). I don't have a single juice in my stock that I didn't try and get a great taste out of in the store or in a friend's set-up. Like I said, I'm a flavor connoisseur, I can judge a juice without disliking it for personal preferences. I've never had a juice taste bad on me on a fully working device. If the juice has a direction of it's descriptive flavor, it's a success in my book. No juice should taste like tar, rubber, oil, or mechanical smoke. Even the heaviest NET shouldn't taste like that. I have my own personal preferences for flavors - I like chocolates most of all, not a big fruit guy, I hate most tobaccos - but I haven't tried a single flavor on this planet that, in the store, I had any problem with at all. In the past two weeks I've sampled probably 40 flavors on others' devices. Didn't dislike one of them. Bought 1/4th of em.

And yes, my reviews are real. I don't want my money back on a device that actually works, I want this to work more than anything. I've almost cried about this, being a grown man, because my cigarette addition is literally making me sick. You guys have no clue how badly I want a good vaping system that gives me no residue-ish tastes and gives me a good ol' vape, nothing complex.

As it is, I'm letting my tank soak in distilled water, I don't have any alcohol in my home, nor cleaner, so if any funk got on my tank from a bad coil, that's the factory's fault and that has to be incorporated in the review. I didn't use an old tank on the new Aspire heads and I'm simply reviewing what I got in my order. I would like a better way to clean these tanks, but it should have worked on the very first fill, and I should have been vaping that for at least a couple days. My only mistake so far has been that I did not drip inside these heads (unusual for me) because out of all the videos I watched on this system, the fellow reviewers kept mentioning just how complex the heads are and not to fool with them. I'll try NHALER's method and see if that works.

P.S. My Youtube videos are going up soon. I'd have rather waited until I found the best device I could, but so far, that's not happening. I have several products in my stock that I'll be reviewing, and I'll keep reviewing until I find the grand vape, and once that happens, I'll still do reviews because no matter what, there's always new juice. Also, for the record, I haven't gotten anything in my stock free so far. That's why it's a personal issue. I'm not going to beat around the bush, once I get my official channel up and going, I'll probably call every vendor in the book to see if they have any samplers or testers or who knows what not, but hey, I have professional recording equipment, I've spent a lot of money on vaping, I want to be the reviewer to speak up and say "I haven't had a good experience at all." and be the voice of people who aren't having as good luck.

A little secret though is trust me, when a factory sends a product to a reviewer, they send the product from the most optional, reviewer-tested line. They don't just pick a random one and say heck with it.

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I can not comment on the Aspire but the iClear30 has been very hassle free and vapes pretty much any blend ive tried except straight VG. The coils seem to last a very long time. My only complaint is mine get a bit of condensation on top of the white cone that covers the coils. Its pointed in the middle so any condensation is trapped. It can not run back down to the wicks or into the tank.

Its actually a very small complaint though and barely noticeable. Long coil life, easy to fill, nearly never a dry hit and a warmer vapor make up for any of its flaws IMO. Avoid tank crackers and it seems to be good for the price.

Draw is much tighter than my PTs so i opened up the "plastic" white cone a tiny bit with a drill bit. That did make it a little better for me and its simple. The main thing i do like is they seem to be consistent. Ive got two and they both perform the same. Ive got several T3Ss that all work but the draw is not consistent due to manufacturing variances. Some are airy, one is kinda tight and some are nearly perfect on the same APV.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I just loaded my tank with Velvet Cloud Vapor's Caramel Swirl - 100%VG + Distilled. The juice is pretty thick, it wouldn't even drop down the rubber hole in the head - it just sat there and took minutes to finally "drop" (I even had to poke it with my fingernail). So I'm not sure how well it'll wick. But another user told me that VCV's juices work great in iClears and the Aspire, so I'm trusting them and seeing if there's any magic to it. The one thing I'm noticing from my system is that a few large air bubbles will come from the center post where it meets the rubber ring (and I do screw everything in very well), but nothing ever comes from the heads' holes really, or some air bubbles will get stuck in those holes and won't come out to save the planet. Oh well, I'm praying that NHaler's technique will turn my world around.

Trust me guys, I wanted to give this device a great review. Listening to PB and the other guys, I couldn't wait. If you do the research though, there are almost as many people that say this system doesn't work. So far, it's divided as the Protank. Many people look at the folks who say "this doesn't work" as though they're doing something wrong, but just because someone doesn't have a fancy camera or a good physique or a booming radio voice, it doesn't mean they're doing something wrong. We're all vapers trying to get through in life with a hobby we enjoy, or want to enjoy. I personally noticed that PB and all the "official guys" received Aspires that were in the original box. Wether there's a factor in that or not, who knows.

And also, again, I'm not a picky juice guy. I know what juices taste like, are supposed to taste like, and I've sampled so many juices on others' devices that it isn't funny - not one of them gave me the results I'm getting with my own devices. Actually, wait, one vendor did have a sample clearomizer that tasted burnt, but I had tried that very same clearomizer and liquid a few days previous to that sample, and the same sample tasted great - it simply had a burnout. I have never sampled a juice on a vendor's device and went "Ew, that tastes awful." They all taste like real juice.

Last edited:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
So I'm testing the VCV as we speak. So far, it's actually gurgling a bit (after some heafty primer puffs and some dripping, I wasn't skimpy on it) but not leaking. I don't mind gurgling though as long as it tastes right. The taste conclusion? This is a mystery. The caramel swirl, if I'm right, is a salty-caramel blend. It smells absolutely wonderful, like real, authentic caramel, but the taste, in the Aspire, is pure salt. I'm not getting burnt, and I'm not getting oily (I don't think - it's hard to pinpoint with the salt... there are fishy aspects...) but pure salt. I'm turning the voltage up tiny notch by tiny notch, still in the process. My taste buds may now be immune to oil and tar on this Aspire, so who knows, maybe something's there, maybe something's not. It just tastes like salt.

What I will say is geez, the vapor on this thing. I wish to god that this thing packed the right flavor, because the vapor is pretty darn unreal. At 0nic and VG, there's no throat hit, but geez, just the vapor coming out of this thing is wow. So I know it's wicking somewhat well, at least. Maybe this tank does need a thicker juice to work right. I'm seeing a few more air bubbles than what I previously got. Just again, pure salt. I'm slowly dialing up the voltage to see if the caramel aspect of the juice just isn't heating up enough.

DISCLAIMER: Hold up, I'm wrong, the website says nothing about this being a salted caramel mix, nor does any review. THE ASPILE IS GOING OUT THE WINDOW. HOW A TANK SYSTEM CAN MAKE A JUICE TASTE LIKE PURE SEA SALT IS BEYOND ME. THIS IS GARBAGE. It turned my rum into fish oil too. I haven't ate any fish or any single thing salty lately, btw.

Last edited:

AsianFrank

Oct 27, 2013
TX
There are videos about priming these heads. You don't need to let them sit. That's not really priming. Try the Nhaler site.

Can someone tell me where this is? I'm having a bit of a problem finding the FAQ on this. I've tried youtube as well.

I even tried doing what busardo recommended and put a drop of liquid in through the top and taking a few dry drags before firing. Still no flavor. Also the holes on the sides that the liquid come through are blocked by some sort of plastic and makes me think that it's not drawing enough liquid in and the 2 coils are burning it way too fast. I've actually looked inside and they are 2 tiny pieces of wicking material on 2 wire coils.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
The vapor amount on this thing is absolutely phenomenal. I wouldn't be saying that if I were trying to lie about all of this crazy mess. Absolutely phenomenal. I have to exhale twice just to get all the vapor out of my mouth! Sadly, that's all I want to do, is get it out of my mouth, because everything that comes in contact with these heads instantly, I mean instantly, tastes like either oil, fish, charcoal, or sea salt. My guess is that it's either factory residue, or that the lining of the heads are burning up - these do have polyfill, mesh-wick tubes, and plastic coating on the non-res part of the coil - and for a bonus flavor, a rubber gasket a couple centimeters above all of that, quite exposed to heat. Looks well built, but when thinking about it, a lot could go wrong.

Do try the dripping method for these heads though. With the "sea salt" vape, the juice at least didn't taste burnt (or maybe my taste buds are just super tolerant to charcoal after testing on it for days), and that's the one head I tried the dripping method on. Now, on my rum vape, I barely got any flavor from it, but a few hits later, it started tasting oily. Something is just not right.

Oh, btw, inside the holes, that's the polyfill (these heads are built like a hybrid cartomizer-Protank head), it should wick juice just as well as a standard carto-tank. I'm having a time trying to get air bubbles to come out of the holes though. They kind of just get stuck there and don't do anything. I can't testify wether air bubbles are a good sign or not, but on this tank, they just don't happen - more air bubbles come from the rubber connection in the center tube than the actual holes.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Nice review. The only thing I like better than reading or watching reviews is trying something new and forming my own opinion. Sure, if I read nothing but bad reviews I won't waste my money but I have already read good and bad on this one so I know I will give it a try. Look forward to reading your other reviews. :vapor:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I get really frustrated with it because I'm extremely low on my budget right now - tremendously, dangerously, horribly low. Actually, I'm going into debt to buy cigarettes, just putting it out there in an honest fashion. Wasted hundreds of dollars on this journey so far. Won't be worth it til it's worth it, and if it never gets that way, then this will be a chapter of my life I'll look back on and view myself as one stupid fool for ever buying into all this hype. Right now, I'm very close to giving this up, but am also at a point where in my head, I know what a working device is like, I know what tastes I should be getting, and I have to accomplish that somehow if I want to stay healthy. I'm being a lot more stubborn to succeed than I am being smart. I really have lost the value of money when it comes to this hobby. I've never thrown money away on things like this in my life (except cigarettes, a drug). And only rarely have I experienced such faulty products that have let me down so terribly in life.

And I shop at the Dollar Tree! You'd think I'd be used to junky stuff, but no, everything from Dollar Tree works and tastes a billion times better than my devices. Every single thing I ever buy at Dollar Tree ends up impressing me so much. They just need to start selling e-cigs and who knows, they may actually work. They could order from Fasttech :p.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I'm testing the VCV as we speak. So far, it's actually gurgling a bit (after some heafty primer puffs and some dripping, I wasn't skimpy on it) but not leaking. I don't mind gurgling though as long as it tastes right. The taste conclusion? This is a mystery. The caramel swirl, if I'm right, is a salty-caramel blend. It smells absolutely wonderful, like real, authentic caramel, but the taste, in the Aspire, is pure salt. I'm not getting burnt, and I'm not getting oily (I don't think - it's hard to pinpoint with the salt... there are fishy aspects...) but pure salt. I'm turning the voltage up tiny notch by tiny notch, still in the process. My taste buds may now be immune to oil and tar on this Aspire, so who knows, maybe something's there, maybe something's not. It just tastes like salt.

What I will say is geez, the vapor on this thing. I wish to god that this thing packed the right flavor, because the vapor is pretty darn unreal. At 0nic and VG, there's no throat hit, but geez, just the vapor coming out of this thing is wow. So I know it's wicking somewhat well, at least. Maybe this tank does need a thicker juice to work right. I'm seeing a few more air bubbles than what I previously got. Just again, pure salt. I'm slowly dialing up the voltage to see if the caramel aspect of the juice just isn't heating up enough.

DISCLAIMER: Hold up, I'm wrong, the website says nothing about this being a salted caramel mix, nor does any review. THE ASPILE IS GOING OUT THE WINDOW. HOW A TANK SYSTEM CAN MAKE A JUICE TASTE LIKE PURE SEA SALT IS BEYOND ME. THIS IS GARBAGE. It turned my rum into fish oil too. I haven't ate any fish or any single thing salty lately, btw.

Wow. I'm sorry, but IMO you really need to learn a lot more about vaping and about how to review something GoodNews. You've already got some great advice in this thread. Hope it all works out for you!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Wow. I'm sorry, but IMO you really need to learn a lot more about vaping and about how to review something GoodNews. You've already got some great advice in this thread. Hope it all works out for you!

I just posted this in another thread--similar issue. :)

[...]

"That said, I do agree that most of the problems and complaints I see around here come from new, impatient members who expect their new PV to work like a real cig--and with similar ease. Ain't gonna happen. Learning how to vape takes patience and time. It's not self-explanatory. Watching Youtube videos can be very helpful.

We were all frustrated at the beginning. But I can honestly say, after almost 4 years of vaping, that I've never met a PV that was "total crap" or was unusable. They all work--if you know what you're doing. I still use cartomizers, carto-tanks, clearomizers (top, bottom, dual coils)--they all do work. I have my favorites, of course, but I'm yet to meet a device that I can't get to work properly.

So to all new vapers--please take some time before you proclaim something to be total junk. There is a learning curve with vaping.

Good luck and happy vaping."

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Honestly, the advice I've received all through this thread and others is about as garbage as the Aspire. About the only sane advice has been "try some other device." All the rest of it is completely contradictory, as I clearly state my methods and techniques and experiences in my reviews and posts. It boils down to people who don't know how to read or don't want to. If someone can go back and tell me one technique that I didn't do (mistakenly, not purposely), then please, enlighten me. I avoid certain techniques for certain reasons and I employ certain techniques for certain reasons. If anyone tells me something I don't already know about vaping, I'll shoot myself in the head. If I have a safety concern, then for example, I won't be putting soap and bleach and who knows what else in my tank. If I think something is appropriate, then I'll do it. But it's all malarky, because this thing should work out of the box, it's not a rebuildable.

I can't help if the vendor takes a dump in the tank. It's not my job to pay an outrageous price for this thing and turn around and buy a lot more crap to clean it with. If the vendor can't control the contaminants in the tank, then maybe they shouldn't be selling the tank without its original packaging. Not my fault. But beyond oil and metal dust, there's not really even all that much that could be ruining the taste. Mold inside a tank would taste better than this. This tank system is plain freaky, it's almost supernatural how bad the thing is. It is indeed worse than my PTII experience. It goes into the freaky range.

-People on this thread have accused me of never tasting a proper device before. ...? No, I've tried many, many excellent devices in my day.
-People on this thread have accused me of vaping at 4.8. ...? No.
-People on this thread have accused me having bad juices. ...? No, I sample my juices before I buy them.
-People on this thread have accused me of having vaper's tongue. ...? No, I sample my juices before I buy them.
-People on this thread have accused me of being a newbie. ...? No. I've been vaping since around 2008-2009.

No, you people are just dimbuses who'll make up any crazy thing to avoid admitting that something is wrong in the "Oh so perfect" vaping world. When half of you probably don't even have this device in your hands. If you want to buy it, go ahead, I've not ONCE told people not to buy it, I've said that I think it's trash, and that's my experience. If someone were to have sent me this thing for free, then maybe I'd be a little less passionate about it. But I still certainly wouldn't vape it. I'm done trying to be diplomatic with people if I get accused of one silly thing after the other. I know that I've behaved respectfully and politely toward others who start to show less signs of doing so, and I'm done with it.

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
It's interesting because most of the vaping gear I currently enjoy using always have a percentage of users who claim it's defective or rubbish. Either I'm hitting jackpots at 95% with my vapemail, or seem to have low standards for my vaping gear.

In any event, sorry to hear your vaping experience hasn't been good, I guess there are always other alternatives, perhaps write some good news reviews on various nicotine gums or patches out there.

Bigfoot1214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2010
A-Town
I found that some things do extremely well in the aspire...port menthol, pursuit of happiness, and some other tobacco flavors along with Synapse and otber cinammon stuff. But I did get a more muted and some weird tastes when I tried fruit flavor. I liked the tank enough to order a couple more from a different vendor then I used the first go around...and that order has been a bit more finicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread