RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I will not go back to smoking if that time comes I just quite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to think that, but I am an addict. As much as I hate cigarettes I need that hand to mouth and visible vapor, even more than I need the nicotine. As long as I have vaping I have no temptation, even when hanging around my smoking friends, which is what has made me fall off the wagon after every quit I've ever had.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I feel badly for these business people being hounded out of business. I've gone out of businesses a couple of times. (It didn't hurt too bad because I don't borrow money.) I decided to make a significant part of the hobby figuring out how to have a quality vape without access to vape products for 10-20 years without spending much money. I believe I got it done for $650, what i used to spend to smoke for 3 months. A $50 bottle of 100 mg nic is the equivelent of 5,000 packs of cigarettes, the deal of the century for a smoker.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If a business violates the law by something a private citizen says on the business premises, whether that's the physical location or it's virtual location that's going to be a serious free speech problem. ...

Is that what happened with Vermont Vapor?

Or did the Owner make the Statements that have attracted the attention of the Vermont AG's Office?

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I feel badly for these business people being hounded out of business. I've gone out of businesses a couple of times. (It didn't hurt too bad because I don't borrow money.) I decided to make a significant part of the hobby figuring out how to have a quality vape without access to vape products for 10-20 years without spending much money. I believe I got it done for $650, what i used to spend to smoke for 3 months. A $50 bottle of 100 mg nic is the equivelent of 5,000 packs of cigarettes, the deal of the century for a smoker.
How much tax money would Vermont receive on the sale of 5,000 packs of smokes?.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Vermont Vapor, Inc., ceased operations on February 28th, 2017. If you want to know why, check out our story.
Vermont Vapor was the oldest wholesale e-liquid manufacturer in America. Formed in June 2009, Vermont Vapor was the first e-liquid company to list ingredients for all its e-liquids and was the first company to implement child resistant dropper bottles.
However, the people behind Vermont Vapor are still around. As one of my last official acts as president, I (Adam) am releasing our "trade secrets" here. I'll give you the recipes for our e-liquids. I'll tell you how, if you have the requisite knowledge, you can make your own "Vermont Vapor" e-liquid in case you want to stick a random finger up at the State of Vermont. And I'll give you handy tips that you might not know.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Vermont Vapor, Inc., ceased operations on February 28th, 2017. If you want to know why, check out our story.
Vermont Vapor was the oldest wholesale e-liquid manufacturer in America. Formed in June 2009, Vermont Vapor was the first e-liquid company to list ingredients for all its e-liquids and was the first company to implement child resistant dropper bottles.
However, the people behind Vermont Vapor are still around. As one of my last official acts as president, I (Adam) am releasing our "trade secrets" here. I'll give you the recipes for our e-liquids. I'll tell you how, if you have the requisite knowledge, you can make your own "Vermont Vapor" e-liquid in case you want to stick a random finger up at the State of Vermont. And I'll give you handy tips that you might not

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Owner is what the AG said

I cranked up the Internet WayBackMachine and pulled down an Archive of Vermont Vapor from Nov 16th 2016.

This is at the Bottom of their Landing Page...

"Additional Information & Disclaimer of Liability: Those of us at Vermont Vapor, Inc., honestly believe in all the products we sell, that some people can use these products as an alternative to smoking tobacco products, and that vaping is much better for a person than smoking, these are simply our opinions. Neither the statements nor the products on this website have been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Thus, the products sold here are not intended to prevent, cure, treat, or diagnose any condition."

and I found that Reference to "Dr. Adam B. Tredwell" ...

"Why Vermont Vapor?

Simple answer: Because we care about our customers. We provide them with the top rated1,2,3 e-cigarettes in the industry and the highest quality e-Liquid on earth. Unlike many others in the industry, Vermont Vapor was and is at the forefront of innovations that help our customers not only achieve a better vaping experience, but provide important safety protections. While Vermont Vapor was the second company in the Americas to manufacture e-Liquid, it was the first in the world to use child-resistant droppers that help prevent accidental harm to children. We were also the first in the world to list the ingredients of our e-Liquids. And, perhaps most importantly, we were the first - and still one of very few manufacturers - to refrigerate our e-Liquid from manufacture to shipment. This protects our e-Liquid from developing the off-taste and smell associated with degraded nicotine. Just try an e-cig with e-Liquid from China and you'll know what we're talking about.

Finally, a message from the President: When I founded Vermont Vapor in 2009, I had been using e-cigarettes for about two years. Back then, there was no place in the USA to buy e-cigarettes - much less anyone actually manufacturing the e-Liquid that goes inside them. To be candid, they weren't very effective. The e-cigs produced very little vapor and the taste was terrible. By the time I started Vermont Vapor, the equipment (e-cigs/personal vaporizers) had come a long way. They now produced plenty of vapor. One problem: It was plenty of awful tasting vapor. Vermont Vapor solved that by using only the highest quality of ingredients and by keeping our e-Liquid fresh. Now, nearly five years into using an e-cigarette, I'm proud to say that I've gone nearly three years without a cigarette and use our products everyday. I honestly never imagined I'd quit smoking, but I'm glad I did. --Dr. Adam B. Tredwell, January 21, 2012."

Vermont Vapor, The Smoking Alternative

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I like how the AG said "protect our kids." What is the age where a person is no longer considered a kid? So I can vote, live on my own, pay taxes, serve in the US army and serve time in a federal prison but I can't vape? What sense does that make? In Japan the age of majority is 18 (it was 20) that means you can drink, smoke etc. Japan's system makes sense and it works fine.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Doesn't the State of Vermont's consumer law require subject matter jurisdiction? Doesn't their code stipulate that actual harm be demonstrably caused to a person or entity, under its jurisdiction? Who is the plaintiff? Or do Vermont laws just set up the State as judge, jury and executioner?

Sounds like an economic decision, not a legal one. Which begs the question, why cry now?

Good luck. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
To get a PhD is no small task (at least in the scientific, engineering, mathematics, computer, technology, and medical fields).
And it's still Dr. Tredwell.

No one said that Obtaining a PhD was a small task.

But Most people who hold a PhD will identify themselves, if the context Warrants it, as having a PhD in ____________. Because in this Country, if you place a Dr. in front of your Name, the Vast Majority will except that you hold a Medial Degree. So PhD holders usually don't refer to themselves as "Doctors" outside of Academic circles or Formal settings.

Now as an Individual, having someone think you Hold a Degree in Medicine when you actual Hold a PhD in _______ isn't exactly the end of the World.

But as a Seller of a Consumable Product? That's kinda getting up on a Fine Line.

As far as I know, Mr. Tredwell holds a Doctorial Degree. So he is Entitled to refer to himself as Dr. Tredwell. But his choice of doing so, in the context he did, could be viewed as somewhat Mis-Leading.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
No one said that Obtaining a PhD was a small task.

But Most people who hold a PhD will identify themselves, if the context Warrants it, as having a PhD in ____________. Because in this Country, if you place a Dr. in front of your Name, the Vast Majority will except that you hold a Medial Degree. So PhD holders usually don't refer to themselves as "Doctors" outside of Academic circles or Formal settings.

Now as an Individual, having someone think you Hold a Degree in Medicine when you actual Hold a PhD in _______ isn't exactly the end of the World.

But as a Seller of a Consumable Product? That's kinda getting up on a Fine Line.

As far as I know, Mr. Tredwell holds a Doctorial Degree. So he is Entitled to refer to himself as Dr. Tredwell. But his choice of doing so, in the context he did, could be viewed as somewhat Mis-Leading.
You mean like Dr. Laura?
Laura Schlessinger - Wikipedia

Or Dr. Stanton Glantz?

Clearly those statements are in violation of the deeming regs. The state consumer protection act, to me, seems a bit murkier. There is evidence to support their claims after all.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Well this on their Landing Page right now.

"...

Additional Information & Disclaimer of Liability: Those of us at Vermont Vapor, Inc., honestly believe in all the products we sell, that some people can use these products as an alternative to smoking tobacco products, and that vaping is much better for a person than smoking, these are simply our opinions. Neither the statements nor the products on this website have been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (
FDA). Thus, the products sold here are not intended to prevent, cure, treat, or diagnose any condition.

..."

Vermont Vapor, The Smoking Alternative

I'm Not an Attorney. But there is an Old say'n.

"If you are in a Hole and want to get out of it, Quit Digging."

Maybe someone should contact them and suggest they Remove the wording about Vaping being Better than Smoking?

I suppose if you take that sentence out of context, you could make a case against them. These days we kind of expect our politicians and news media to take things out of context. But one would hope that our justice system would not allow it. But maybe they do these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread