• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bad News from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckyjc

Sep 15, 2013
Uk
Sad news, but it seems they're only talking about regulating ecigs for general sale, which is an expected move, its still up to our UK government i gathered from that, lets just hope somebody does some actual research...

And the limit of 20mg, i can assume they cant really apply that if you mix your own, as you'd just buy it for "pharmaceutical use" or a pesticide, rather than specifically for ecigs. A 20mg cap on premixed is understandable, who vapes more than 20mg anyway?

If they did outright ban eliquid/make the move the regulate it as a smoking cessation aid we'd just buy "food flavourings" and add our own nic, wouldn't be to much of a change. But I think you'd have to be fairly dedicated, a lot of us are fortunately.

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
A 20mg cap on premixed is understandable, who vapes more than 20mg anyway?
Lots of people. 24mg and 36mg is very common, the average used to be something like 18 (although it has fallen)

As for buying pharmaceutical nic, you'll need a licence to buy it. That's the problem, everything ends up being regulated. If the UK moves to implement this, I for one will be stocking up on 73mg nic for DIYing.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I can see it now, going to your local dealer for a 10ml e-juice fix!

Think we better start hoarding our suppliers now!:unsure:

I already have a year's worth of nicotine base liquid ready. I hope to not need it, but if I do, I'll be going 12mg - 9mg - 6mg over 6 months or so.

Things are not looking so bad right now. There is a lot of support being generated for e-cigs. IF we can get another million by middle of 2015, there will be some serious problems with stopping the sale of liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread